Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denver/Minnesota Game 4 Game thread
Goodness, I sure hope Malone has something better up his sleeve than to allow Murray to switch onto KAT and then get posted into the dirt.
Like Reply
Edwards, coming downhill, whether in transition or off of a poorly played screen, might be the scariest thing going in the NBA right now.
Like Reply
Gotta say, despite what I just wrote about Edwards, who is obviously a beast...and maybe because I'm crazy...

...give me Minnesota over Denver as a Mavs opponent (if the Mavs reach the next round).
Like Reply
KAT is allowing himself to be guarded pretty effectively by KCP.
Like Reply
It's so funny how far off of the national radar a player can fall when he accepts a support role for a good team. I mean, we love team-first, winning-mentality players in theory, but I kind of get where some of the selfish guys are coming from, a little (not to be taken as support for that mindset, just an observation).

Take Aaron Gordon: I remember back when he played for Orlando, there were scads of posts on the old board about how people wanted him to be on a Mav. The perception then was that he was an up-and-coming star. I never much agreed, back then, and nowadays you don't read much about him, either here or nationally. But my goodness, he is better now than he ever was in Orlando. He's just not in a scoring role anymore (rightfully so). But man, he is a BAD ASS role player.

EDIT: Gordon is sort of the opposite of Jerami Grant, who went the other way with his career.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Arioch, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Lol, the Nuggets are now playing Gordon at center on defense and PG on offense.

And it's working like a charm.
Like Reply
Naz Reid has a guard pinned in the paint and instead they throw the ball to the corner. Bad read, or does Naz not have an inside game?
Like Reply
Still a ton of game left, but right now Denver looks three levels better and more experienced than Minnesota.

I think BOTH of these teams would be tough matchups for our Mavs, but Denver has been there, done that. That's what scares me, personally.
Like Reply
Moving here so as not to ruin Around the NBA
Like Reply
Jokic is just murdering Gobert.
Like Reply
The only weakness Denver has, as far as I can tell, is that Jokic isn't quick enough laterally when he defends at or above the level of the screen. But, Luka is obviously not as quick around the corner as Edwards is.
Like Reply
Naz Reid is so fascinating to me. I've never seen someone with his body type who's more dangerous facing up, with the ball, outside of the three point line, than he is in the paint. Even his paint points seem to come most attacking closeouts off the dribble. Bananas.
Like Reply
The Nuggets play GREAT team defense. They always seem to know where the help is, and the help always seems to be in the right place.
Like Reply
Both of these teams play great defense, actually.
Like Reply
Good lord, Jokic can pass
Like Reply
The refs really don't want to give Edwards his third foul, lololol
Like Reply
This series is the jam...am I really the only one watching???
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Oof...already, you can't go under on Edwards. Usually it takes like 5 years for that type of player to establish that.
Like Reply
OMGOMGOMGOMG!

Edwards forces a dribble drive, loses the ball to Jokic, who passes it up to MPJ (I think) for a dunk. Then, Minnesota tries to inbound all the way past half court to get a buzzer beater, but the ball ends up in Marray's hands, who promptly hits a 3/4 quarter shot to end the half!

What a CRAZY finish!
Like Reply
I can't get over it...an 8-0 run in the LAST 20 SECONDS OF THE HALF!
Like Reply