Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 2024 Playoffs: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (0-0)
(05-07-2024, 10:58 PM)The Jom Wrote: There’s no better predictor of a game 2 win than a game 1 blowout, especially when the refs play a role in game 1.

This is Kidd’s 5th playoff series as the Dallas HC. Record in game 1’s? 0/5. Record in 2/4. Record in the series 2/4 and counting.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 10:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Well...now THAT is an interesting angle on the thread you started. My understanding of your premise was to help him fix the knee with a couple of extra days, which they have said won't help. 

But, if you're now saying he's hurting the team by PLAYING, that's a different conversation, entirely. I'm not there yet, but it would be nice to see some signs of life.

If he is going to shoot as poorly as he has and not able to play much defense with his bum knee, what is he doing on the court?  

He is just so inefficient right now.  His shooting splits are terrible.  How is this benefiting the team or Luka?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka77's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 11:00 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: He needs to get the rust off though

There is no steel underneath, its all rust
Like Reply
Smallish OKC outrebounded them 52-39. How does that happen?
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 11:02 PM)The Jom Wrote: This is Kidd’s 5th playoff series as the Dallas HC. Record in game 1’s? 0/5. Record in 2/4. Record in the series 2/4 and counting.

And he just signed an extension.. Good luck.
Like Reply
We are not beating them with Luka being hurt. He´s basically shooting 40/20/80 for the entire play-offs. That´s from somebody that usually raises his game in the post-season. Obviously this is the result of less than 100% conditioning by Luka, but also the lack of playmakers on this team. We need that 3rd guy just to decrease the physical toll on Luka. It can´t be a Brogdon or Lavine. We need a reliable player.
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 10:07 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: Shai is so boring to watch. Just all about the fouls and free throws. It's annoying

Agreed! His game is boring to watch.

Guys like MJ, Kobe and AI were scoring in a better way AND in a more sporting manner than what he does in a time when hand checking was allowed, hard fouls allowed in a packed paint, and defenders could step into your landing zone.

#NotMyMVP
Like Reply
Low energy game by the Mavs against a Thunder team that was rusty and played below their capability until the 4th quarter. The Mavs just embarrassed themselves. SGA dominated Luka and in the one Mavs “certain” advantage, the Thunder destroyed the Mavs on the boards. Jason Kidd fails to have his team ready at the start of a series, yet again.
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 11:04 PM)Luka77 Wrote: If he is going to shoot as poorly as he has and not able to play much defense with his bum knee, what is he doing on the court?  

He is just so inefficient right now.  His shooting splits are terrible.  How is this benefiting the team or Luka?

That's at least a convo worth having, though I suspect he's still doing more good on than he would off, seeing as the entire offense is built around him. Like I said, I see where you're coming from, but I'm not there yet. I still hope he'll turn it around. I mean, he's Luka.
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 11:07 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: We are not beating them with Luka being hurt. He´s basically shooting 40/20/80 for the entire play-offs. That´s from somebody that usually raises his game in the post-season. Obviously this is the result of less than 100% conditioning by Luka, but also the lack of playmakers on this team. We need that 3rd guy just to decrease the physical toll on Luka. It can´t be a Brogdon or Lavine. We need a reliable player.

I'm really at a loss for words with what is going on with Luka. If he's legit injured, he shouldn't be playing. If it's conditioning, that's unacceptable imo. I really don't know what it is, but he has sucked this playoffs. I don't know if he can turn it around at this point. I hope he can, but I've never seen him like this. At times, he didn't even want the ball. That's really not like him.
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 10:58 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: And that's about not being ready...  Rolleyes

And that’s on the coach
Like Reply
refs were better in the 2nd half at least. hopefully they stay that way the rest of the series.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jakeospikez's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
The moment seemed too big for Lively. I hope he bounces back next game. We need him.
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 11:10 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I'm really at a loss for words with what is going on with Luka. If he's legit injured, he shouldn't be playing. If it's conditioning, that's unacceptable imo. I really don't know what it is, but he has sucked this playoffs. I don't know if he can turn it around at this point. I hope he can, but I've never seen him like this. At times, he didn't even want the ball. That's really not like him.

What I mean by conditioning is that the season just wears him down, which leads to injuries, because he´s not 100% committed to his diet and workouts. So you need another PG/playmaker during the regular season that can reduce his minutes. I´m not saying his poor performance is the result of poor fitness,. He´s clearly hurt.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 11:12 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: refs were better in the 2nd half at least. hopefully they stay that way the rest of the series.

Refs - so do we still need to give touch fouls on SGA? Nah, they up big
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • Mavs2021, RGP1981
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 10:07 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: Shai is so boring to watch. Just all about the fouls and free throws. It's annoying

If winning is boring, count me in.
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 11:13 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Refs - so do we still need to give touch fouls on SGA? Nah, they up big

true. even then it was still better mid 3rd when the game was still within reach though.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jakeospikez's post:
  • BolsDamols, rocky164
Like Reply
SGA is a terrific young player, no question, MVP candidate.

But you can see what happens if refs would allow some physicality with guys defending him...he missed his last few shots with Jones being more physical and refs letting them play...Give the defenders a fair chance, and call it the same way both sides
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
Mavs didn’t play well. Sloppy. Looked like the much slower team.

Give OKc credit though. Mavs made a run to bring it to 1. They called timeout. Teams will make runs it is how you respond to those runs. OKC went 5 for 5 from 3 after that timeout with other good things too. Just took the sails out of the mavs and pretty much ended the game.
Like Reply
Games just don’t go well when multiple guys get into foul trouble. This game every thing went their way. It makes me mad but I’m more worried about Luka. Did you see all the wraps he took off of his knee. I hope he doesn’t need surgery or months of rehab.
Like Reply