Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 2024 Playoffs: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (0-0)
For all our problems with Luka, it´s basically their bench that has killed us 36-17 advantage for OKC. I begged them to pick up Joe off waivers, when the Sixers threw him in the trash, but what do I know. If I have to ever seen that bum THJ in a Mavs jersey again. No way is Hardy worse than him.
Like Reply
On to game 2 and praying Luka can become Luka again. That's our only chance. He has to be the best offensive player on the court for us to win this series. If he's truly injured and this isn't a slump, we're probably SOL.
Like Reply
Good thing they played Luka this game. He has been terrible
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka77's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
OKC don't give a damn how young they are. Everyone says they're not supposed to be doing this.
Like Reply
THJ is just the worst. Out of place on defense. Non-passing chucker.
Like Reply
Mavs have no shot. I’m not even sure Luka should be out there. He’s making himself look bad.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41, nicholasthefan
Like Reply
This may be a quick series. This has a different feel than game one against the clippers. We will see though

https://x.com/johnhollinger/status/17880...30105?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
Like Reply
29/9/9 for SGA..That's Luka's average line dammit!

I'm so not used to not having Luka as the best player in any series..Knee injury and whatnot, this is new territory for me..

On the other hand, THJ is par for the course..same old THJ..Pick a OKC bench player - Jay Will, Wiggins, Wallace, Joe>>>THJ
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 10:53 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Mavs have no shot.  I’m not even sure Luka should be out there. He’s making himself look bad.

There's always game 2. Just have to hope they play better.
Like Reply
Giving up 16 offensive rebounds and 16 turnovers won’t beat anyone. Would have NEVER thought we’d get outrebounded like this. Flush this game and hope we play with more energy Thursday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rocky164's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I don't even care about game 2, the Mavs can still afford to lose that one. It's all about how these teams look in Dallas. If OKC shows up on the road in game 3/4 then we're in trouble. The only path to winning this series is taking care of home court, pushing them to 7 and trying to steal it like in 2022 vs. the Suns.
[-] The following 2 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • rocky164, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 10:53 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Good thing they played Luka this game.  He has been terrible

Well...now THAT is an interesting angle on the thread you started. My understanding of your premise was to help him fix the knee with a couple of extra days, which they have said won't help. 

But, if you're now saying he's hurting the team by PLAYING, that's a different conversation, entirely. I'm not there yet, but it would be nice to see some signs of life.
Like Reply
Luka played terrible. Kyrie was pretty much non-existent. Wasted a good game by Gafford and Green.
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 10:55 PM)rocky164 Wrote: Giving up 16 offensive rebounds and 16 turnovers won’t beat anyone.  Would have NEVER thought we’d get outrebounded like this.  Flush this game and hope we play with more energy Thursday.

And that's about not being ready...  Rolleyes
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 10:55 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: There's always game 2. Just have to hope they play better.

There’s no better predictor of a game 2 win than a game 1 blowout, especially when the refs play a role in game 1.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
You know it's over when chucker Hardy comes in the game.
Like Reply
Exum has been shockingly bad during the entire playoffs. Inexplicable.
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 10:55 PM)nicholasthefan Wrote: Luka played terrible. Kyrie was pretty much non-existent. Wasted a good game by Gafford and Green.

Green was -20 in 20 minutes. 3/8 only looks great, when the rest shoots 7/24 from three. Not exactly a good game. We need a Lavine type 3rd scorer not a bum like THJ.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Hardaway should be gettting mop up minutes. Not sure I want to see him get real minutes. He needs to get the rust off though
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
So...this was how Clippers fans felt when Kawhi played in Game 2 and looked nothing like Kawhi
Like Reply