Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sit Luka GM 1 or no?
I don’t understand why this is still being discussed after we have video footage of Luka saying a couple more days of rest isn’t going to help. The only rational explanation I can conjure is that people just love to argue.

There is a 0% chance the Mavericks will rest Luka Dončić in game one, or even consider doing so. If he CAN play, he’ll play.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL, omahen
Like Reply
(05-05-2024, 01:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t understand why this is still being discussed after we have video footage of Luka saying a couple more days of rest isn’t going to help. The only rational explanation I can conjure is that people just love to argue.

There is a 0% chance the Mavericks will rest Luka Dončić in game one, or even consider doing so. If he CAN play, he’ll play.

I know how dare I bring up a discussion on a message board and we talk about it.  I will try and do better next time.
Like Reply
(05-05-2024, 03:37 PM)Luka77 Wrote: I know how dare I bring up a discussion on a message board and we talk about it.  I will try and do better next time.

No, no. It was a great talking point right up until all of the points were made. At some point, it’s just people pointing at each other like the Spider-Man meme, saying “I’m right and you are wrong!”

I apologize if I am incorrect, but it appears as if, while you started the thread as a question, you had already made your mind up. That’s fine, too. We do it all the time. But honestly, when the man himself is saying a couple of days rest will not help, I don’t know what meat is left to pick off of this particular conversational bone.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I would need to know Luka's physical condition to make an informed decision.  As it is--I don't think he'll sit or would want to.
Like Reply
Jason Kidd on how Luka Doncic and Tim Hardaway Jr. have looked managing injuries: “They’ve been great. They look great. They look ready to go.”
Like Reply
Ok, where is everyone now? The Mavs would have been better without Luka. He was terrible, moving around like a 70 yo grandpa.

19 points on 19 shots and provided little resistance on defense.
[-] The following 2 users Like Luka77's post:
  • MFFL, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
Yup especially considering how Kidd loses game 1 everytime anyway
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Luka77
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 10:58 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Ok, where is everyone now?  The Mavs would have been better without Luka.  He was terrible, moving around like a 70 yo grandpa.

Sorry. I didn't mean to like your post. Please subtract one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I’m not so sure anymore that the Mavs shouldn’t shut him down. He looked just terrible. We know he’s hurt. But, the rest of the world just thinks Lue Dort is too much for him. OKC was rusty and not that great and still crushed the Mavs. I’m becoming concerned that Luka’s deteriorating. He looked much worse after three days rest than at any time against the Clippers. And the reputational damage of getting dominated by SGA is a multi-year setback. If he labors through a second game, I’m leaning towards just calling it a season, preserving Luka’s health, and hoping Luka can better manage his body next year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Luka77
Like Reply
(05-08-2024, 11:07 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I’m not so sure anymore that the Mavs shouldn’t shut him down. He looked just terrible.  We know he’s hurt.  But, the rest of the world just thinks Lue Dort is too much for him. OKC was rusty and not that great and still crushed the Mavs. I’m becoming concerned that Luka’s deteriorating. He looked much worse after three days rest than at any time against the Clippers. And the reputational damage of getting dominated by SGA is a multi-year setback. If he labors through a second game, I’m leaning towards just calling it a season, preserving Luka’s health, and hoping Luka can better manage his body next year.

Yup the original injury I believe occurred during the regular season which the Mavs have tired to be very secretive about. 

Likely on this play.

https://youtube.com/shorts/dNU4bTlTAjg?s...JsNAijvbgx
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 10:58 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Ok, where is everyone now?  The Mavs would have been better without Luka.  He was terrible, moving around like a 70 yo grandpa.

To be fair, he looked great until Dort intentionally tripped him up and caused him to fall down awkwardly.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-08-2024, 11:16 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Yup the original injury I believe occurred during the regular season which the Mavs have tired to be very secretive about. 

Likely on this play.

https://youtube.com/shorts/dNU4bTlTAjg?s...JsNAijvbgx

Video shows the aftermath, but not the play.
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 10:42 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Video shows the aftermath, but not the play.

Yes I couldn't find the play but I think that was the game he hurt himself
Like Reply