Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (0-0)
Mavs need to find a counter in this second half or it’s going to be a very short series and Luka’s Mavericks’ legacy will take a mortal blow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-21-2024, 03:48 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: Lots of new guys that need to experience this atmosphere, no excuse for Luka & Kyrie tho, they are missing shots they hit in the regular season all the time. THJ's playoff experience is useless, he's still always a running turnover on a fast break, ballwatcher on defense, still can't even hit any shot just like the end of the regular season. Can't believe Kidd threw him in there over Green.

I've been driving that point home earlier. PJ has played ok, but Gafford and Lively are getting worked over by Zubac who's a playoff vet. Those guys are new to the playoff environment they never had with Charlotte and Washington. How they play will determine how far they go. I expect them to play better after the half.
Like Reply
On a bright side. Defense has been good in the second quarter. Also not bad in the first one, just Clippers hitting a lot of threes. Offense can't stay that bad forever
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(04-21-2024, 03:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Maybe, just maybe, draw up a play for an easy shot. Rally the team. Challenge obvious BS calls. 

Lots of stuff dude. Kidd did none of those.

Yeah, maybe you have a point. But I consider Ty Lue a much better coach and tactician than Kidd.
Like Reply
THJ is bad, as expected. I doubt Green is healthy so I don't expect him to get any serious minutes. They probably gave him a chance to return in the last games to see how he'd look coming off the injury but he clearly wasn't right. I'm not expecting anything from either of them in the playoffs...whether it's for this series or beyond.
Like Reply
Damn. Mann is playing Luka straight up this whole game and easily stopping him. Luka needs to punish him.
Like Reply
pj playing great on ball defense
Like Reply
Refs just letting Harden literally push off as much as he wants. Can we PLEASE send harden into the stands. Just a little bit?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(04-21-2024, 04:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Refs just letting Harden literally push off as much as he wants. Can we PLEASE send harden into the stands. Just a little bit?

He is initiating contact and flailing. His old routine. Thought the league moved passed that shit.
Like Reply
Djj on Harden. The way we should have started the game to begin with.
Like Reply
(04-21-2024, 03:53 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I've been driving that point home earlier. PJ has played ok, but Gafford and Lively are getting worked over by Zubac who's a playoff vet. Those guys are new to the playoff environment they never had with Charlotte and Washington. How they play will determine how far they go. I expect them to play better after the half.

Rebounding as a whole has been very unlike the regular season so far as well.
Like Reply
Insane how little calls the Mavs are getting.

Clips are allowed to push off as much as they want.

They're hitting the mavs so much with dirty plays. Can we please get some nasty and start hurting the Clips?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Look at that Harden flops and doesn't get a call
Like Reply
If Zubac is outplaying all 3 of our big men inside then this will be a short series
Like Reply
We have our first answer. Looks like we’ll have to play small. Kleber plus PJ is our only effective lineup. Gafford and Lively can’t hang.
Like Reply
Maxi is playing HORRIBLY
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
Crazy how bad Gafford has been against Zubac.
  • rocky164
Like Reply
It's just Kyrie 1 on 5 desperation ball now so he'll get a chance to pad his stats. I would play the starters the entire 4th quarter to work off some rust from the time off
Like Reply
(04-21-2024, 04:18 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Maxi is playing HORRIBLY

Ignoring the horrible foul calls he has been the best defender today. Going small might be the only solution if Gafford and Lively aren't able to defend the Harden pick/roll and Zubac in the paint.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Imagine if this team actually started playing in the 1st half.

I can't believe they played that way. Moral victory 3rd quarter but fucking hell this team should be embarrassed
Like Reply