Poll: Who played above expectations?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DJJ: 3reb, 3ast, 1blk, 9pts
0%
0 0%
Gafford: 7rbd, 1ast, 1stl, 2blk, 26pts
40.00%
12 40.00%
Kyrie: 8rbd, 9ast, 2stl, 3blk, 18pts
0%
0 0%
Luka: 12rbd, 10ast, 1blk, 39pts
60.00%
18 60.00%
Maxi Kleber: 6rbd, 1ast, 10pts
0%
0 0%
THJ: 4rbd, 1ast, 1stl, 15pts
0%
0 0%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 79 Dirkie:
Going through the stats I noticed that PJW had a little better stats than I first imagined...7rbd, 3ast, 1stl, and 1 pt. Maybe he should be on this poll as well. But it also looks like he's playing tired right now. I think we have several back to backs coming up...don't we? I'll have to look. Seems like the Mavs let up on the gas a little bit in the 3rd quarter, but was pretty much able to coast into a win. Looking through the stats all I could see was a win by committee...which is great! Gafford also looked like he's playing tired. We've got to get these guys some rest!

I'm still going to give my Dirkie to Gafford. Kleber with notable play. Luka coming in third.

Yes, yes, yes...Luka with another triple double. I like it...but it's not above my expectations for him. It's the Luka curse.
Like Reply
I was pissed at Luka for even bothering to play in this game but apparently he cares about the MVP race and killed it here so I'll give it to him
Like Reply
easy triple double so there is that
Like Reply
get the game thread going tonight and we can not have to worry about it later, right?

I think Miami sure will be tired after having a double overtime game.
Like Reply
I love what Gafford is doing but mostly he feeds off Luka. I credit Luka for creating our new Gafford phenomenon with lots of credit to Gafford as well.
Like Reply
This was definitely a sleep walk win.

The Mavs came in and expected to dominate and that's exactly what they did. Basically from the first quarter on the Mavs destroyed the Hornets and it was comical watching it. The amount of offensive rebounds the Mavs secured basically meant it was inevitable for them to score. And then boxscore painted that picture with 16 total offensive boards (10 at the half) for the Mavs vs. 8 for the Hornets (1 at half)

This was a great team win and everyone played loose. Kyrie wasn't really looking to score and truthfully his shot was a bit off tonight. He still filled up the stat sheet with 8 rebounds, 9 assists, to go along with 2 steals and 3(!) blocks!! Kyrie for defensive player of the year?? Either way, solid game for the guy.

DJJ and Timmy had their fair share of highlight reels. DJJ's shot has looked better and better as the season has gone on even if it hasn't been falling. Timmy has been hot or cold. But both of them played loose and free. Solid game from them as well.

Maxi shot very well today. He played stifling defense. I'm shocked he suited up for tonights game given his back spasms. Glad he looked good.

Now the real dirkie candidates. Its down to Gafford and Luka for me. Gafford because there is no way I'm normalizing a 12/12 game for 26 points. He might be able to start another streak with that kind of performance. Luka was a monster the entire game hitting ridiculous threes from the outset.

Given all of that, I'm going to go with...LUUUUKA! Some of the shots he hit tonight audibly made me gasp and he did it with ease. Great game from the young fella.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
@iztok_franko
2. After a couple of games of small-ball, Mavs showed up BIG

Hornets played Grant Williams at the 5 (we remember how that works)...and Mavs punished them inside and on the glass.

28 second chance points, 58 points in the paint, 21/25 at the rim.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 08:52 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: @iztok_franko
2. After a couple of games of small-ball, Mavs showed up BIG

Hornets played Grant Williams at the 5 (we remember how that works)...and Mavs punished them inside and on the glass.

28 second chance points, 58 points in the paint, 21/25 at the rim.

The Hornets have clearly broken Clifford. I wish Carlisle was their head coach, just so I could have watched him call a timeout right after the tip off, run on the court and yell at Grant Williams for not even jumping on the jump ball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(04-09-2024, 08:29 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: Going through the stats I noticed that PJW had a little better stats than I first imagined...7rbd, 3ast, 1stl, and 1 pt.  Maybe he should be on this poll as well.  But it also looks like he's playing tired right now.  I think we have several back to backs coming up...don't we?  I'll have to look.  Seems like the Mavs let up on the gas a little bit in the 3rd quarter, but was pretty much able to coast into a win.  Looking through the stats all I could see was a win by committee...which is great!  Gafford also looked like he's playing tired.  We've got to get these guys some rest!

I'm still going to give my Dirkie to Gafford.  Kleber with notable play.  Luka coming in third.

Yes, yes, yes...Luka with another triple double.  I like it...but it's not above my expectations for him.  It's the Luka curse.

Was at the game last night. PJ wasn’t tired. However, he did appear tight in front of his old teammates and home crowd. He short armed a bunch of those shots from 3. They did a nice thank you video during the game for him which was cool. PJ seemed to get fairly emotional when they played it. Either way….ill take him having a stinker of a game if it means we win by 20!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 3 users Like OBX Maverick's post:
  • ballsrchr, Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply