Poll: Who will win the game? (Sixers 8.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
33.33%
3 33.33%
Sixers
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 28: DAL (19-9) @ PHI (20-10) | 117-98 win (Mavs 11-2 on the road)
(12-20-2019, 10:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Dude. I love Tingus Pingus.

What are you guys earning without Luka right now? 

"What we already know. We have a deep bench that gives us something every night." 

And notice how he took zero credit. Gave it all up to his team mates. Dude dropped 22 and 18 with 3 emphatic blocks and DPOY defense and he raved about his team mate.

And he signed a fan's jersey on the way back to the locker room. KP is a man of the fans. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Good dude plus a winning team works wonders.  He probably had his doubts about Dallas when he was traded, or rather probably preferred a different destination, but hopefully that is a distant memory.

(12-20-2019, 10:35 PM)mtrot Wrote: Everybody talks about the Bucks or the sixers coming out of the East,  but my suspicion right now is that it will be Boston.

If I were a gambling man, I'd go with the Heat.
Like Reply
Celtics aren't that great. Dallas just played like CRAP at home against them.
Like Reply
(12-20-2019, 10:37 PM)cow Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 10:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Dude. I love Tingus Pingus.

What are you guys earning without Luka right now? 

"What we already know. We have a deep bench that gives us something every night." 

And notice how he took zero credit. Gave it all up to his team mates. Dude dropped 22 and 18 with 3 emphatic blocks and DPOY defense and he raved about his team mate.

And he signed a fan's jersey on the way back to the locker room. KP is a man of the fans. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Good dude plus a winning team works wonders.  He probably had his doubts about Dallas when he was traded, or rather probably preferred a different destination, but hopefully that is a distant memory.

(12-20-2019, 10:35 PM)mtrot Wrote: Everybody talks about the Bucks or the sixers coming out of the East,  but my suspicion right now is that it will be Boston.

Yes, the Heat are tough.
Like Reply
When we decide we want to play at a high level at home and take pride in defending home court, we might have a real contender.
Like Reply
(12-20-2019, 10:41 PM)mtrot Wrote: Heat are tough
Hmm, Slovenians on both teams huh?
Like Reply
(12-20-2019, 10:42 PM)windjc Wrote: When we decide we want to play at a high level at home and take pride in defending home court, we might have a real contender.

More distractions at home for young teams.

Better structure provided by the on team especially on longer road trips.
Like Reply
(12-20-2019, 10:37 PM)cow Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 10:35 PM)mtrot Wrote: Everybody talks about the Bucks or the sixers co

Yes, the Heat are tough.
I’d take another Mavs-Heat finals. Carlisle versus Spo is always great.
Like Reply
Amazing stretch
Even with Luka a 3-3 split through this 6 game stretch was going to be acceptable
We're already 3 and 2

Maintaining this and getting a top 4 seed would be HUGE
Like Reply
This is the game where I fell in love with KP the Mav. Luka's injury has been the best thing that could happen to him - and the best thing that could happen to the Mavs, as long as the injury doesn't nag at Luka the rest of the year.
Like Reply
(12-19-2019, 09:18 PM)DrMav Wrote:  A must win game.

...and mavs delivered just what doctor ordered...

Keep up good work, Dr!

Proud on mavs here, good game!
Like Reply
The game is over but I want to see Maxi drive past Embid again
Like Reply
One more awesome thing to me (besides the score obviously)...Mavs outrebound the Sixers again.

Dallas is 4th in the NBA in rebounding.

All of us who thought that KP couldn't rebound are taking it in the shorts... KP is 19th in the NBA with 9.5/game.  And we're without Luka who's 18th in rebounding with 9.6...

Rebounding ISN'T an issue at all.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
So do the Carlisle haters think the Mavs had the most basketball talent on the floor tonight? Or that their record for the season underperforms their talent level?
Like Reply
(12-20-2019, 11:14 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: So do the Carlisle haters think the Mavs had the most basketball on the floor tonight? Or that their record for the season underperforms their talent level?

So far, this season, since the second Knicks loss, is Rick's second masterpiece.
Like Reply
Rick has to be in the COTY talk. No way he isn't up there.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1208235994547441665

https://twitter.com/NBAFantasy/status/12...9924816896

https://twitter.com/NBA_AU/status/1208237550705364993
Like Reply
(12-20-2019, 11:14 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: So do the Carlisle haters think the Mavs had the most basketball talent on the floor tonight?  Or that their record for the season underperforms their talent level?

Rick understands floor spacing. With the best point guard in the NBA, things become so much easier. Even with Doncic out, everyone understands their roles, because they have flourished in them. Sports is ALOT about confidence and Mavs role players are playing with confidence in their roles. 

Rick has always been one of the top 3-4 coaches in the league, but he needed talent and a floor general. His coaching style always starts and ends with the floor general who can build on the gameplan.

Is Dallas playing above their talent? No. In fact there is a lot of talent development left before any talent "ceiling" on this team. I don't think the deep bench is going to be an asset in the playoffs. Nor is the average defense. 

The Celtics and the Clippers and the Lakers and the Bucks have a couple defensive gears we don't have. THAT can't be coached as well. That has to be traded for.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/fanaticsview/status/...7464710146
Like Reply
One of the ways the NBA is changing so fast....Stan Van Gundy calls Philly "probably the best rebounding team" in the NBA...and you'd think so, I mean, I would have agreed with that off the cuff, without research...BUT...

They are 12th in rebounding.  The Mavs are 4th.  The Bucks are #1 in total rebounds and #1 in offensive rebounds.

Sorry Stan, not even close.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 12:02 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: One of the ways the NBA is changing so fast....Stan Van Gundy calls Philly "probably the best rebounding team" in the NBA...and you'd think so, I mean, I would have agreed with that off the cuff, without research...BUT...

They are 12th in rebounding.  The Mavs are 4th.  The Bucks are #1 in total rebounds and #1 in offensive rebounds.

Sorry Stan, not even close.

Obviously, they have that banger we're lacking
Like Reply