Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 65: Dallas Mavericks (36-28) vs. Chicago Bulls (31-33)
(03-11-2024, 09:04 PM)Smitty Wrote: It’s not personal or an insult? You yourself said you would try to be less negative about Gafford in the game chat the previous game or two. You continue to talk about it any time I post something positive about it and bring dirkfan into it.

I posted the first half stats of the 2 centers. You replied to me “To dirkfan's point...against the most extinct front court in the league, right?” I then pointed out that CHI gives up the least amount of points in the paint emphasizing how it’s even more significant what they’re doing. And you brought up the bulls record as some kind of counterpoint, which has nothing to do with what the Mavs are doing to the Bulls tonight.

Yes, I found dirkfan's point to be very interesting, and worth discussing. There isn't a lot of that around here these days, so I tried to engage. All of that seems logical to me (the progression you're summarizing there) and it obviously points in the opposite direction of your sense of things, at least to me. For example, it's not "even more significant" that the centers played well against the slowest, plodding center tandem in the NBA. You and I could out run them. It's much LESS significant, because the ability to MOVE is the most non-negotiable part of the game. That's the point, I think, but you seem to think differently, which is fine. I guess I was just surprised that my attempt to engage read to you as negativity. 

I like to talk basketball. Not stats, not hate for my least favorite players on the team, and not (exclusively) roster move suggestions. Those seem to be the only three things happening here anymore. I won't burden you with attempts to do that anymore now that I know it's irking you.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 65: Dallas Mavericks (36-28) vs. Chicago Bulls (31-33) - by KillerLeft - 03-11-2024, 09:14 PM