Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 65: Dallas Mavericks (36-28) vs. Chicago Bulls (31-33)
[Image: GIUkQZdXEAAS7TT?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Bulls are 29th in Pace. 4 starters are 6’5 with Vuc being 6’10. We know pace kills the Mavs and at times, size. This is actually a good matchup for them despite being on the road and Bulls being 12-10 against the Western Conference. They’re also 13-27 against teams above .500 while Mavs are 20-5 against teams below .500.
Like Reply
Mavs have had some tough games in Chicago lately. I may be missing a year but I think the last two meetings up there have been rough.

Chicago is home after 4 games on the road. They won 3 of those 4. Sometimes the first game back after on the road is a dangerous spot to be. I expect a closer game tonight.
Like Reply
(03-11-2024, 03:18 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Mavs have had some tough games in Chicago lately.    I may be missing a year but I think the last two meetings up there have been rough.

Chicago is home after 4 games on the road.  They won 3 of those 4.  Sometimes the first game back after on the road is a dangerous spot to be.  I expect a closer game tonight.

Chicago is absolutely rolling right now. 

They are 13-10 against West teams which is tied with.....  yep you guessed it, the Boston Celtics! 

Nearly half of their wins are against teams from the West. Insane to think about given the talent difference between the conferences. And it's not like they've versed the Blazers/Spurs/Jazz's of the West for the whole year.

They've beaten:

NOP x2
SAC x2 
LAL
MIN
GSW

Overall not a team to be taken lightly. Gotta take out DeRozan as he's been their engine and absolutely carries that team. White is also having a solid year but runs hot and cold. Vucevic has always given the Mavs some issues, but hopefully Lively+Gafford+Maxi can shut him down. 

Gonna throw out some predictions:
Luka with a 7th 30+pt triple double (the dude loves his 7s)
Kyrie with 50/40/90 and 25+pts
PJ with 20 points
THJ with 4 threes
Mavs win 132 to 118
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-11-2024, 04:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Gonna throw out some predictions:
Luka with a 7th 30+pt triple double (the dude loves his 7s)
Kyrie with 50/40/90 and 25+pts
PJ with 20 points
THJ with 4 threes
Mavs win 132 to 118

I like this game. 

Also, Gafford with 18 rebounds
Lively with 7 blocks
Kidd with 1 good ATO (I want to keep predictions reasonable)
Like Reply
Dallas Mavericks Starters vs. Chicago Bulls:

G Kyrie Irving
G Luka Doncic
F Derrick Jones Jr.
F P.J. Washington
C Daniel Gafford

Chicago Bulls Starters vs. Dallas Mavericks:

G Coby White
G Ayo Dosunmu
F Alex Caruso
F DeMar DeRozan
C Nikola Vucevic
Like Reply
This game is on the local ABC channel tonight. Are the Mavs still going to be on Bally Sports for the rest of the season or on ABC?

Can I cancel the Bally Sports subscription?
Like Reply
Big bodies like Vucevic shouldn't scare the Mavs. When Luka feels like it he can easily play them off the floor. Just nothing Vuc can do to defend the pick and roll. Bulls can choose if they want to give up the drive, dunk/layup from the roller or an open kick out three. A little bit like the Mavs defense when they are playing against better teams. But the Mavs default answer is open kick out three.
Like Reply
Gafford playing hard. I like his energy to start the games. Then having Lively come in with less pressure. Plus Maxi if 5 out is needed. It’s starting to look ideal
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply
Even easier. Just beat Vuc in transition and get an open dunk.
Like Reply
Wow what a perfect pass by Luka and Lively running the floor.

Luka yelling at Green for not attacking the jump ball. (Lively grabbed it himself after the tip resulting in a violation)
Like Reply
The NBA record for assists in a game is 30 from Scott Skiles in 1990. Not that he'll break it tonight, but Luka definitely could do it with one more great shooter.
Like Reply
This first quarter was impressive. Keep rotations exactly the same
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
HOLY SHIT WHAT A FIRST QUARTER!!!!!!!!!!

GAFFORD AND LIVELY ARE THE TOWERS OF POWER

LUKA IS A MAGICIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
This team is so confusing. Cry
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-11-2024, 07:37 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: This team is so confusing. Cry

[Image: katy-perry-youre-hot.gif]
Like Reply
Remember when there were fans that were like... MAVS NEED THJ'S SCORING!!!!!!! ?
44 points in the 1st with no THJ in sight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jakeospikez's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
I just don’t see where Hardaway would’ve fit in that first quarter. Offense looks so much better with Exum taking his minutes

Still need to see this against an elite team
Like Reply
I consider Gafford a dinosaur by modern NBA standards. But it wouldn't be fair to put him in the same category as Drummond and Vucevic. Beyond me how a professional basketball team can run a center rotation like this in 2024.
Like Reply
Mavs go away from attacking the paint and putting Chicago in rotations and instead settle for contested 3s for THJ and contested middy's for Kyrie.
Like Reply