Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 64: Dallas Mavericks (35-28) vs. Detroit Pistons (10-52)
(03-10-2024, 08:47 PM)soog Wrote: Don’t roast me for this, but I love the aggression that Gafford brings. He is constantly fighting for rebounds and making his presence felt. I think the Duren foul was committed out of frustration because of how dominant Gafford had been. So…. (This is the don’t roast me part)…

… I’d like to see Gafford keep his spot in the starting lineup even after Lively is back. Give them the same minutes sure, but I’d like to see Gafford start and finish games. He has an aggression and power that Lively just doesn’t have… yet.

I'm with you on the Gafford love. His energy is truly a difference maker. He definitely has a presence when he's on the court.

I'm changing lanes and getting off the road though as soon as you mentioned Gafford over Lively when closing games. Although if we're being realistic, when Maxi is healthy and rolling, he's going to be the one closing games.

Lively has had a helluva season and recency bias might be playing a role here imo. Lively also brings incredible energy. He's also a fantastic finisher. He's also a fighter for rebounds. But he also does so much more! 

I'm giddy the Mavs have so many options at the 5 now.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 64: Dallas Mavericks (35-28) vs. Detroit Pistons (10-52) - by SleepingHero - 03-11-2024, 11:49 AM