Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 62: Indiana Pacers (34-28) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-27)
(03-06-2024, 03:46 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: Blaming the refs all the time is weak. Do they miss calls?  They sure do.  You can't take the human element out the game. You just can't. We all make mistakes. The Mavs play was just as much reason for the loss as any ref was.  Place the blame squarely where it belongs.

I didn’t intend to blame the refs all the time.  I’m sorry if that’s the way my post came across.  The Mavs didn’t play well enough to win period.  But biased officiating influences games in many subtle ways, and with this team, causes them to quit after a prolonged series of biased calls.  
Quitting is never acceptable, but it is a reality with this team.  

I just don’t know how to reverse the trend others have noted of biased officiating.  Cuban historically has been a huge problem, and Luka’s constant complaining has to be an irritant to the officials.  But neither are going anywhere, and Cuban has been much less vocal over the last several years than before when he deservedly earned his reputation.

And it’s not just the Mavs dealing with biased officiating.  How many coaches have gone off in press conferences after games this year due to bad calls?  I suspect much more than most years.  And the Lakers consistently are the beneficiaries of biased officials more than any team in the league.

The NBA must do something to ensure their product is officiated fairly, without bias or fans will quit watching.  Calls are going to be missed because of the human element and that’s understandable.  But what’s not acceptable is when the vast majority of the calls benefit one team over the other when the game is competitive.  Many times after a game is essentially decided, whistles will go the other way to balance out the fouls and free throw attempts in the box score, but the damage has already been done.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-05-2024, 10:32 PM
RE: Game 62: Indiana Pacers (34-28) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-27) - by rocky164 - 03-06-2024, 04:04 PM