Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 56: Phoenix Suns (33-22) vs. Dallas Mavericks (32-23)
[Image: usatsi_22173900_168388359_lowres.jpg]

Grant Afseth (@GrantAfseth)
Dallas Mavericks Injury Report vs. Phoenix Suns:

Luka Doncic - probable (broken nose)
Dereck Lively II - probable (nasal fracture)
Maxi Kleber - probable (nasal fracture)
Dante Exum - out (right knee bursitis)

Frank Vogel says Bradley Beal will be listed as questionable against the Dallas Mavericks. Beal got shots up at Phoenix Suns practice today.

Frank Vogel says “we’ll see” if Thaddeus Young will play against the Dallas Mavericks.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Huge game. Mavs are carrying a nice momentum of 6 straight wins that brought them very close to the 6th place and only a game behind Phoenix in 5th place. There are still 27 games to be played so a loss is not the end of the world yet, but a win would make things so much easier, especially since Mavs most difficult stretch of remaining games comes right after this one. I hope for a decent shooting night and solid defense. Grant did well against KD in past games against Phoenix, so lets see how PJ can handle it.
Like Reply
Big game for the standings and for our momentum. A loss would not be the end of the world but a win very valuable. Somehow I have a bad feeling, but my gut is an asshole. If we are healthy besides Exum, we should be the better team, imho.
[-] The following 1 user Likes meistermatze's post:
  • dmavs4life03
Like Reply
This one decides the tie breaker between these two at the end of the season which could very well come into play.

Also, did we just get spammed on this board? What’s with the weird links (that I suggest no one click).
Like Reply
I clicked all of them and now I have no phone service. Jk! Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Smitty's post:
  • DallasMaverick, StrandedOnBeauboisHill, The Jom
Like Reply
What’s up with all the broken noses?

Those guys should get lessons from Powell in getting whacked in the face a thousand times without breaking anything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
We have a game tonight! I had forgotten. That’s exciting.
Like Reply
Hope for a fun game. I am really interested to see what happens if we force PHX to limit Nurkic minutes. Who determines that battle there? Does PhX force us also to go small or do we punish them with our bigs and KD is forced to do the dirty work inside.

(02-22-2024, 10:10 AM)Smitty Wrote: I clicked all of them and now I have no phone service. Jk! Smile

Ha.  I clicked on one of them and my season ticket prices went up 30%, and I don’t even have season tickets.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Smitty, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-22-2024, 12:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: We have a game tonight! I had forgotten. That’s exciting.

Dang, this has been a long break!!!  Can’t wait to see how we stack up against the
Suns. Big game in the standings, too!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
@espn_macmahon
Suns G Bradley Beal (hamstring) won’t play vs. Mavs tonight. Coach Frank Vogel said Beal is “unlikely” to play tomorrow in Houston.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Starters:

Irving
Green
Doncic
Washington 
Lively
Like Reply
(02-22-2024, 07:06 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: Starters:

Irving
Green
Doncic
Washington 
Lively

Look at Kidd actually starting the right guys
I swear he was purposely throwing games last year even before we got into tank mode
Like Reply
So far I am not a fan of Maxi playing PF. Looked way better at C. Spacing of twin tower lineups isn't good.

DJJ/Maxi/Gafford. Basketball terrorism. No shooting. No ballhandling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Entertaining game so far in the second. Phx seems a little more connected. Their support players have played better so far. Let’s see what happens. Phx looks good
Like Reply
(02-22-2024, 07:52 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: So far I am not a fan of Maxi playing PF. Looked way better at C. Spacing of twin tower lineups isn't good.

DJJ/Maxi/Gafford. Basketball terrorism. No shooting. No ballhandling.

Kleber can't guard KD off the dribble. He does ok in the post.
Like Reply
Seems like, because of injuries and a shake up trade in season, the Mavericks are still very much experimenting with lineups. That kind of seems like the difference in this game to me, so far.

I like that Gafford is here, but I don’t like the thought of having to play him every game. I think that on most nights, Kleber is going to be the better choice at center to back up Lively. I worry that it isn’t going to play out that way very much.

Of course, if Kleber gets hurt again, that’s when Gafford will come in totally clutch.
Like Reply
So low IQ from Gafford and THJ. I hate stupidity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Just once I wish we got an American superstar that is not good enough to not get FTs. 20 years of Dirk and Luka getting f***** for being too skilled offensively.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I get that the Mavs are frustrated because the of the soft whistle for the Suns. But you have to be smarter. Gafford and THJ cannot reach in like this. They give the refs the opportunity to blow the whistle.
Like Reply
Considering the mental mistakes, I’m happy to get out of that half only down by 3.
Like Reply