Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 55: San Antonio Spurs (11-43) vs. Dallas Mavericks (31-23)
Great 2nd quarter by the Mavs.
Like Reply
<3 Lively <3

Kinda makes last season worth it
Like Reply
(02-14-2024, 09:29 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Watching the Mavs compared to the last few games I am almost convinced that when it matters most Kleber is going to be the guy.

I agree with this, but I think lively is going to be able to play big minutes in the playoffs. Just maybe not the biggest minutes.

On the other hand, I think they just traded a first round pick swap for a center who is going to be sitting next to Powell more often than not.
Like Reply
Wembanyama is a nightmare the next decade is going to suck.
[-] The following 2 users Like BoredAssistant's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Lively is incredibly good on defense. He is always in the right spot and his screens remain a big factor on offense as well. He continues to be the nr 1 option at Center by a mile. Gafford plays more exciting but he doesn’t nearly have the impact Lively has.

+22 in 11 minutes for Lively

Other notes:

- Green just super efficient 
- playing Green together with Washington gives us legitimately good wing / perimeter defense
- Luka with another bad first half
- Kyrie outstanding 
- THjr taking mostly catch and shoot shots which is a good thing Imo
- Hardy has really stabilized his play on a good level
- Washington needs to be more active on offense when he defends like that you really don’t need to do much else but he’d add some new things to our offense if utilized more
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesConway912's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(02-14-2024, 09:47 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: Lively is incredibly good on defense. He is always in the right spot and his screens remain a big factor on offense as well. He continues to be the nr 1 option at Center by a mile. Gafford plays more exciting but he doesn’t nearly have the impact Lively has.

+22 in 11 minutes for Lively

Other notes:

- Green just super efficient 
- playing Green together with Washington gives us legitimately good wing / perimeter defense
- Luka with another bad first half
- Kyrie outstanding 
- THjr taking mostly catch and shoot shots which is a good thing Imo
- Hardy has really stabilized his play on a good level
- Washington needs to be more active on offense when he defends like that you really don’t need to do much else but he’d add some new things to our offense if utilized more

Ditto

Gafford with a better start to this half.
Like Reply
Luka is having an off night
Like Reply
Lively's swing skill, thats going to give him an advantage over Gafford in the coming years is to be able to hit the corner three and stretch the floor.

That's the skill which intrigued the NBA in his predraft workout and high school.
Like Reply
(02-14-2024, 09:57 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Lively's swing skill, thats going to give him an advantage over Gafford in the coming years is to be able to hit the corner three and stretch the floor.

That's the skill which intrigued the NBA in his predraft workout and high school.

Lively's biggest advantage is his mobility. He can slide his feet. Gafford is really struggling when he has to move laterally.

Incredible finish from Kyrie. Reverse layup against Wemby.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
FINALLY
Like Reply
PJ playing good defense on Wemby
[-] The following 2 users Like Luka77's post:
  • donzingis38, KillerLeft
Like Reply
PJ with great defense on Wembenyama there. He used both the sideline and the rim to his advantage.

I know people are already getting anxious because he isn’t shooting well, but I really have a good feeling about this guy.
Like Reply
(02-14-2024, 10:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: PJ with great defense on Wembenyama there. He used both the sideline and the rim to his advantage.

I know people are already getting anxious because he isn’t shooting well, but I really have a good feeling about this guy.

Best option is the anti-KP defense. Strong guy with a low center of gravity getting right under Wemby. PJ can do that. Gafford couldn't.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
THJ on a fast break is peak comedy
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • Luka77, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Should probably chill a bit on the new guys. At least give them the Harden 10 game sample size before the overreactions.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jakeospikez's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL
Like Reply
Washington is outstanding on defense, but offensively it´s a mess right now. His confidence is shot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-14-2024, 10:15 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Washington is outstanding on defense, but offensively it´s a mess right now. His confidence is shot.

He’ll get there. Can’t be easy to find a rhythm here when you’re used to having the ball in your hands. He will adjust. As you said, he’s defending wonderfully and I noticed he’s a willing and qualified passer, too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(02-14-2024, 10:11 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: Should probably chill a bit on the new guys. At least give them the Harden 10 game sample size before the overreactions.

exactly. gafford was brought in to come off the bench and should stay that way.

Kyrieeeee omfg
Like Reply
PJ doesn't know where his offense is going to come from right now. It will be a work in progress.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka77's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Wowowowowowow Kyrie
Like Reply