Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 53: Oklahoma City Thunder (35-16) vs. Dallas Mavericks (29-23)
Good D by PJ there.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Gafford saving our butts
Like Reply
I could see Gafford starting and Lively off the bench.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 04:46 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I could see Gafford starting and Lively off the bench.

I think an extended stretch will definitively show Lively as the more effective defender. His feet are just so much quicker.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, SleepingHero
Like Reply
PJ WIDE OPEN CORNER THREE!

THEN HE TAKES IT OFF THE DRIBBLE AND MAKES A SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO PJ!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Gafford is really struggling on defense. His offensive production makes up for it but without it he would be a big negative right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 04:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think an extended stretch will definitively show Lively as the more effective defender. His feet are just so much quicker.

10000%

But isn't it crazy we now have this Gafford fella off the bench?
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
DL should definitely keep starting over Gafford. Wow this team is deep.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 04:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: 10000%

But isn't it crazy we now have this Gafford fella off the bench?

He’s going to look great against bench bigs, that is for sure.
Like Reply
Great defense there by Gafford to open out of the time out.

Then right after SGA tries to drive on DJJ and gets closed off by PJ and Gafford sinking in with Luka lurking. Everyone there is bigger than 6'5 and BIG. That's a big difference.
Like Reply
I like that Gafford can shoot free throws.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, donzingis38
Like Reply
Some more good rim protection by Gafford.

And then that offensive rebound SHEESH. Just couldn't finish.

GAFFORD AGAIN WITH THAT REBOUND.

GIVE HIM A STANDING O!!!!!!!!!
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 04:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Some more good rim protection by Gafford.

And then that offensive rebound SHEESH. Just couldn't finish.

He is going all out. Hustle play after hustle play.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 04:55 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: He is going all out. Hustle play after hustle play.

When I watched the Wizards that's what he was bringing EVERY game. That's why I called him their MVP. I'm shocked the Mavs got him for Holmes+swap.
Like Reply
Gaffffyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
[-] The following 2 users Like donzingis38's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LETS FUCKING GO GAFFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • donzingis38, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Who the hell is this guy!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • donzingis38
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 04:49 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: DL should definitely keep starting over Gafford.  Wow this team is deep.

I'm not so sure. Gafford looks like the stronger rebounder. He may lack the foot speed to cover wings and guards on switches.  But he's clearly stronger and a better rebounder than Lively. We'll see...
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41, BoredAssistant
Like Reply
This is going to be a pretty impressive win if it keeps going this way.
Like Reply
Gafford is awesome. He is exactly what McGee was supposed to be. Him and Lively sharing the Center-spot is going to be great with Maxi being our small-ball-5 and Powell probably the best fourth-string-center in the league by far.

Washington is alright, obviously it is less easy in his role to get included as quickly as Gafford but we have Kyrie and Luka surrounded with 3 athletic guys at all times, this is great. Timmy and Exum are the least athletic ones, which says a lot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes meistermatze's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply