Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 34: Dallas Mavericks (19-15) vs. Utah Jazz (15-19) 90-127 loss
(01-01-2024, 09:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Did he party too hard on NYE?

Didn’t even think of that, but it does kind of have the feel of one of those games.
Like Reply
HORRIBLE shot by Luka.

Straight dog shit. Dude is out of it tonight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Mavs making a run but Luka is sleep walking on defense.

I agree with Devin, keep attacking. Leading to drive or kicks or in lane shots
Like Reply
I am so sick of that step back three tonight, Luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Luka has been pretty bad tonight. 3-12 from three. Most with no dribble penetration from the team.

After a great game last game, green has been bad. Gave up two easy baskets at the rim. Ouch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Luka looking off the red hot hardy to take a contested step back 3 pretty much summarizes the game.

Dude is horrible tonight.

Luka straight to the bench grimacing and holding his quad. Just sit him tonight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Bad games from pretty much everyone tonight.
Like Reply
Interesting organizational strategy the last few seasons regarding Luka's injuries. Can you tear a quad muscle like a plantar fascia and everything is better?
Like Reply
I actually can't believe Luka looked off Hardy to shoot some shit shots again and again.

He is a maestro, but one of the few things he lacks in his game is the feel to ride the hot hand. Steve Nash and Kidd had it in droves. If a dude made 3 in a row you'd bet your ass that they'd run a play to get them another look.

That kind of spiraled the run and the Jazz rebuilt the lead. I was begging for Kidd to just bench Luka and bring in Kyrie but he did it too late. Powell was pretty good in that 3rd there.
Like Reply
Luka, Grant, green and Hardaway making this a hard watch. I would sit Grant and Hardaway. They don’t have it tonight. Sit Luka for first 4 minutes of 4th and see if they make a run.

I am so tired of Hardaway off the ball ball awareness. He has no clue when a ball is in his viscenity.
Like Reply
Jazz just too much talent when they have their players healthy. Clarkson, Collins and Lauri + Olynyk/Sexton and now they're getting a big game from Fontecchio. We just don't have the firepower to hang when Luka has a bad game like this
Like Reply
(01-01-2024, 10:46 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Luka, Grant, green and Hardaway making this a hard watch. 

Agreed on all of the above, and I’d add that Lively has been bad tonight, too.
Like Reply
(01-01-2024, 10:46 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Luka, Grant, green and Hardaway making this a hard watch.  I would sit Grant and Hardaway.  They don’t have it tonight.  Sit Luka for first 4 minutes of 4th and see if they make a run.

I am so tired of Hardaway off the ball ball awareness.  He has no clue when a ball is in his viscenity.

Seems like no one has it tonight.

Even Lively has missed TWO lobs.

I should be shocked at this teams effort, but it isn't the first time they've completely shit the bed against a lesser opponent.
Like Reply
Would not have mattered probably but there was 8 points we lost. Two lovely oops and two plays by Green.

Jazz are just better tonight. Mavs have been a step slow all night and our stars have not been stars. Games like this make me feel this team doesn’t have a 8 game winning streak in them. They will be pretty much where they are, I think.
Like Reply
I know the game is over but Grant Williams at center with Hardaway Luka and Kyrie is never going to be the answer. Let’s take Luka out. No need to play him heavy minutes. The team took this one off tonight. Boy are they ugly sometimes
Like Reply
(01-01-2024, 09:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Did he party too hard on NYE?

THEY did, I think. Yes.
  • rocky164
Like Reply
Teams with size like this always own the Mavs...just a terrible matchup. Teams that can play with a traditional center and skilled PF/SF can have their way
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(01-01-2024, 10:51 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Would not have mattered probably but there was 8 points we lost.  Two lovely oops and two plays by Green. 

Jazz are just better tonight.  Mavs have been a step slow all night and our stars have not been stars.  Games like this make me feel this team doesn’t have a 8 game winning streak in them.  They will be pretty much where they are, I think.

I'd say even more with how many easy layups that just rimmed out. At least 15 points.
Like Reply
(01-01-2024, 10:59 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Teams with size like this always own the Mavs...just a terrible matchup. Teams that can play with a traditional center and skilled PF/SF can have their way

You sure? The Mavs beat this team by 50 last time.

Im pretty sure they just laid an egg tonight. Not everything has to do with roster building issues.
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(01-01-2024, 10:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: THEY did, I think. Yes.

Incredible they still play like this, when the standings between 4th and 7th are within 0.5 games. 

How many awful losses will it take before the Mavs realize they can't just mess around. NO discipline.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Chicagojk, KillerLeft
Like Reply