Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 34: Dallas Mavericks (19-15) vs. Utah Jazz (15-19) 90-127 loss
Kyrie is a cancer. Do not need him
Like Reply
I didn't see the game.

How does Exum have just 12 minutes? Anyone?
Like Reply
(01-02-2024, 07:03 AM)Winter Wrote: How does Exum have just 12 minutes? Anyone?

Was questionable beforte the game, got hurt in the first half, did not return.
Like Reply
Wow, that was ugly and depressing. You need to take care of business against mediocre teams like the Jazz and a couple of days ago the Cavs.

Luka has been total garbage (by his standards) and I think it was obvious he was hurt (grimacing all the time), probably hungover or a combination of both. Taking 13 threes, while being too lazy to get inside won't cut it.

Kyrie looked okay, considering the amount of time he missed. Losing Exum was a bummer but I am not sure if we have too much ballhandling with him, Luka and Kyrie on the court. It will be interesting to see what the right combination will be going forwards.

Grand Williams has lost all of his confidence. The shot is not falling, he lost his starting job, defense is iffy and now he is starting to turn the ball over because he is not sure what his role is going to be anymore. Guy has been a total disaster for the last 15 games or so. Huge disappointment. I know Hardy dropped 17 but his development is very underwhelming and I am all about to give up on Green.

I think we need to trade some of our depth for a third star. A guy like Siakam comes to mind.

This roster is just too inconsistent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes meistermatze's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(01-01-2024, 11:21 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: They are not messing around. They are a shitty team, no matter how much you guys hype up the likes of Hardy,Lively, DJJ, Green etc. This team has 5, maybe 6 NBA players on its roster at the moment.
It takes a perfect game to beat any of the contenders, and they cannot afford to be below average against bad teams, or its a loss.
They are a playoff team. Somewhere between 6 and 11 when its all sad and done. No matter how much hype you put in, they are long way away from contending. One perfect game every 10 games wont change that.

Who here has hyped them up to be a contender?  Most felt this team would fall in the same area you mentioned.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • WillE
Like Reply
I think this clip perfectly describes Mavs game yesterday. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it. So many unnecessary and stupid mistakes, missed alley-oops and open lay-ups.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=TOV&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022300457&PlayerID=203501&RangeType=0&Season=2023-24&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612742&flag=1&sct=plot§ion=game
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • SleepingHero, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(01-02-2024, 01:12 PM)omahen Wrote: I think this clip perfectly describes Mavs game yesterday. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it. So many unnecessary and stupid mistakes, missed alley-oops and open lay-ups.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=TOV&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022300457&PlayerID=203501&RangeType=0&Season=2023-24&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612742&flag=1&sct=plot§ion=game

Sloppiest game I've seen them play in a long long time.  This play was actually out of a timeout.
Like Reply