Poll: Will the Mavs make a trade before the deadline?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
52.94%
27 52.94%
No
47.06%
24 47.06%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
NBA Trade Rumors |
(02-06-2020, 03:06 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Yesh,   go CLUTCH.
Sorry that me being tired and sore caused me to seem like I was calling you out...I respect.your posting btw...

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1...8337957888

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...5494523905
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 03:07 PM)Tyler Wrote: For the Gallo watchers...

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1225511234096771072

Phuq... that means no Gallo for the Mavs....
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/statu...7310754822

https://media.giphy.com/media/iga7BCSRuAfK/giphy.gif
Like Reply
MIN seems like a massive winner. Turned RoCo and a 2nd into D-Lo/Beasley/Hernangomez (their 2021 pick is kinda the same value as BRO 2020 that they got) and kept their pick. No motive for KAT to cry about now.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 03:35 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: MIN seems like a winner. Sold RoCo REALLY REALLY HIGH, got BRO 2020 1st and Beasley/Hernangomez, got D-Lo for Wiggins, a 2021 1st and a 2nd. Kept their 2020 1st. No motive for KAT to cry about now.

Yeah I was super impressed 
Didnt see them escaping that Wiggins deal with a solid starter coming back
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 02:58 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Except if you are a Mavs fan...we love our boys in BLUE.

Short memories. We just traded our whole team a year ago, and our draft picks a few months before that. We love our boys in blue.

Thunder, Spurs, Raptors...horrible organizations
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 03:39 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 02:58 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Except if you are a Mavs fan...we love our boys in BLUE.

Short memories. We just traded our whole team a year ago, and our draft picks a few months before that. We love our boys in blue.

Would probably be a bit more impressive, if many smart posters didn´t have this response to signing Matthews and DAJ in the first place....

https://media.giphy.com/media/d10dMmzqCYqQ0/giphy.gif
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 03:44 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Would probably be a bit more impressive, if many smart posters didn´t have this response to signing Matthews and DAJ in the first place....

I don't get it
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 03:47 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 03:44 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Would probably be a bit more impressive, if many smart posters didn´t have this response to signing Matthews and DAJ in the first place....

I don't get it
I´m just not impressive by the Mavs ability to recognize they f**** up again. We have this same phenomenon, whenever the Mavs move on quickly from their latest draft pick. The problem is that they made the bad decision(s)  already. Going from 0 to minus 10 and back to 0 is not progress. So yeah they do not cling onto their talent, but they also have absolutely no coherent long-term asset/roster building strategy.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 03:57 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I´m just not impressive by the Mavs ability to recognize they f**** up again. We have this same phenomenon, whenever the Mavs move on quickly from their latest draft pick. The problem is that they made the bad decision(s)  already. Going from 0 to minus 10 and back to 0 is not progress. So yeah they do not cling onto their talent, but they also have absolutely no coherent long-term asset/roster building strategy.

I think I just don't belong here. You guys are crazy. I see very clear direction and strategy. One year away from massive trades that restart the franchise and result in a team playing way better than any of us expected, you guys freak out over standing pat a trade deadline.  And you freak out while not having any idea what trades they turned down and why. I just can't relate. Really, honestly, my bad for jumping in the fray. I'm sure I'm not helping and you couldn't care less.
Like Reply
Im good with not making a move today. There's a reason why they signed guys to 2-3 year deals.

We just need everybody healthy. We'll be fine.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 04:17 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 03:57 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I´m just not impressive by the Mavs ability to recognize they f**** up again. We have this same phenomenon, whenever the Mavs move on quickly from their latest draft pick. The problem is that they made the bad decision(s)  already. Going from 0 to minus 10 and back to 0 is not progress. So yeah they do not cling onto their talent, but they also have absolutely no coherent long-term asset/roster building strategy.

I think I just don't belong here. You guys are crazy. I see very clear direction and strategy. One year away from massive trades that restart the franchise and result in a team playing way better than any of us expected, you guys freak out over standing pat a trade deadline.  And you freak out while not having any idea what trades they turned down and why. I just can't relate. Really, honestly, my bad for jumping in the fray. I'm sure I'm not helping and you couldn't care less.
Most wanted a Sixers level multi year tank job...Mavs cut that in half the time and also got 2 stars...

Now we celebrate that with pitchforks and torches while complaining that no moves were made...
Its sad when getting Luka and KP is not enough...
Like Reply
I like the idea to stand pat. I was hoping to turn Lee and/or the TPE into a player that would expire after next season and came with a draft pick, but I didn’t see any trades at this deadline that would have fit that. That said, it’s interesting that Dallas hasn’t said anything yet (originally made me think something wasn’t reported, now thinking buyout), doesn't Donnie usually do his post TDL address right after 3:00ET?
Like Reply
Thanks for your work Clutch.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 04:37 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Its sad when getting Luka and KP is not enough...

What, did GM job stopped with KP trade? Didn't know that. Everyone agrees Luka and KP were great moves. More or less everything after was subpar.
Like Reply
I'm fine with how today turned out.  Today's failure(s) was the result of last offseason's failure.  I had already vented as much as I could about the offseason.

On draft night, the Mavs will have the ~20th pick, 31st pick, and any combination of players not named Luka, KP, Maxi to make a serious upgrade to the roster.  If they can't acquire a significant piece at that time, I'm gonna lose my shit again.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 04:17 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

Wasted Lee's expiring contract and the Barnes TPE. Why trade for Lee if you won't play him and won't trade him? Could have gotten back literally anything else and it woulda been better. Why trade Barnes to offload his salary if you don't use his salary to get anyone back. It's just a huge blunder to not trade Lee and in retrospect makes the Barnes trade look bad as well.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 05:00 PM)Baller AI Wrote: Wasted Lee's expiring contract and the Barnes TPE. Why trade for Lee if you won't play him and won't trade him? Could have gotten back literally anything else and it woulda been better

We had to take Lee to get KP

We didn't trade Lee because we didn't find a trade we liked
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 04:57 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: ~20th pick, 31st pick, and any combination of players not named Luka, KP, Maxi to make a serious upgrade to the roster. 
Sounds good and it might be cool if a great player forces his way to the Mavs.  

Agents are being told right now, get me to Dallas. Smile
Like Reply
Why did we trade for Lee?...

https://media.giphy.com/media/UWRyZHCsHtBFS/giphy.gif
Like Reply