Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 23: LA Lakers (14-10) vs. Dallas Mavericks (15-8) | 125-127 WIN!!!
Lakers shoot better from 3.
Lakers shoot better from 2.
Lakers outrebound Mavs.
Lakers have more assists.

…but Mavs win!
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • MFFL, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 10:03 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Exum will command at least 15 million per season at this rate and if he keeps it up for the entire season, he is definitely getting the 20 mil that Bruce Brown got. I'm all in on him, the Mavs need to do whatever it takes to keep him and get rid of anyone they can to clear space.

You realize he's signed for 2 years, right? Nico nailed it.
[-] The following 5 users Like Tyler's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, MFFL, Scott41theMavs, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 10:07 PM)Tyler Wrote: You realize he's signed for 2 years, right? Nico nailed it.

Probably more accurately Lindsey, who was likely the primary driver behind this signing.
[-] The following 3 users Like mvossman's post:
  • MFFL, Scott41theMavs, Tyler
Like Reply
Great game to watch. Fantastic offensive game for the Mavs. Shooting almost 50 % from three right when they needed it most. Lakers percentage was even higher, but on a much lower number of attempts.

On the downside, Luka had to play over 40 minutes again. Thing I am most worried about, I hope Irving comes back fast. Mavs could really use another PG.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 09:54 PM)GATA Wrote: I hate watching Hardaway play.  Great win.  Exum is the man

Hardaway was amazing tonight. Played a great game on both ends. Sorry you couldn’t enjoy it or wait for your 2nd account to get unbanned.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1734754006751187041

Quote:Seth Curry is OUT for the remainder of tonight’s game against the Lakers with left ankle soreness.

Mavs are running out of bodies. Hardy wasted a big opportunity to showcase himself tonight but with the current injury situation he will get another chance against the T'Wolves.
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 10:05 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Lakers shoot better from 3.
Lakers shoot better from 2.
Lakers outrebound Mavs.
Lakers have more assists.

…but Mavs win!

We make more from 3. We shoot and make more free throws. We play tough as hell. We win. Back in the Reunion days when DHarp would hit a game winner against the Lakers, we would threaten to throw Laker fans off the bridge onto I-35. Good times return!
[-] The following 4 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL, Scott41theMavs, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 10:11 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hardaway was amazing tonight. Played a great game on both ends. Sorry you couldn’t enjoy it or wait for your 2nd account to get unbanned.

Top 5 in made 3s per game. 2nd in charges per game. 3&charge.
[-] The following 5 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, mvossman, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
the pass

https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1734765385814012083
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 10:03 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: After 5+ years, we finally have the perfect complimentary perimeter player for Luka. Someone who can play both ends of the floor, can shoot at a decent rate, but most importantly, does not need ISOs. Exum is going to find ways to score or pass without bogging the offense down. I think his presence is bringing out the best in Luka.

Exum compliments both Ky and Luka, more than most guards could.
I actually enjoy the Kyrie-Exum tandem better. 
The chemistry is great.
Both quick on their feet and finds each other on the move.
Luka usually just finds Exum for a kick-out.

It's unbelievable at this point that the Mavs have the best PG rotation in the league. Their third string PG is amazing.
[-] The following 4 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • ballsrchr, MFFL, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 10:07 PM)mvossman Wrote: Probably more accurately Lindsey, who was likely the primary driver behind this signing.

Give them all a Christmas bonus Mark.
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 10:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1734754006751187041

Mavs are running out of bodies. Hardy wasted a big opportunity to showcase himself tonight but with the current injury situation he will get another chance against the T'Wolves.

i actually didn’t think he was that bad tonight.  Not very good though.  I have been waiting to see him be able to play when his offense wasn’t going.  He couldn’t make a shot tonight but he didn’t stick out like a sore thumb.  He had a few good looks.  Late in the third he forced a shot or two but besides that he just had an off day shooting.  It happens.  

Still not a fan when he is on the floor with Hardaway or curry though.  But I guess we are limited with bodies.
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 09:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Or Hardaway!

Timmy is good for several of these each year but this is totally his best year. Hold all opinions till tomorrow and enjoy a really good effort by THJ tonight.
[-] The following 3 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • HIMAV, KillerLeft, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
I would like to se a longer audition with Holmes. Maybe the answer is that both Holmes and Dwight are toss up depending on the matchup. Let’s see what we have in Holmes. We know what Dwight can do and can always get the spot back if Holmes doesn’t take it. I thought homes was solid in both Laker games.
Like Reply
The atmosphere around here is not hype enough, people!

This was a hard-fought, no-back-down win on the second night of a back to back against a rested Playoff team with some of the game's most respected veteran stars. Missing like 5-6 rotation players!!!! They got significant contributions from more than a couple of role players. Hell, the Mavs' defense even seemed playoff contender worthy for the first half...

It's ok to admit that this was an amazing, signature win. If you're unable to do so, you might be a hater.
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 10:07 PM)mvossman Wrote: Probably more accurately Lindsey, who was likely the primary driver behind this signing.

Pretty sure it was Cuban.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
Maybe my new favorite win of the season.  It would have been reasonable to sit Luka this game and just accept the loss.  Instead the available Mavs defeated the in-season tournament champions!!!

Luka simply controlled the game in a way that Lebron no longer can.  MVP performance.

Exum and THJ were also phenomenal.

Lively and Grant Williams with nice contributions.

Lebron really was great too.  Davis as well.  Also, the refs really helped keep the game close.  They did everything they could to keep the Lakers in the game  There were 3 or 4 inexplicable calls that really benefitted LA.   Such dedication.  They may as well sit in the Lakers huddles during timeouts.
[-] The following 8 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav, rocky164, Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 10:34 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Maybe the answer is that both Holmes and Dwight are toss up depending on the matchup.

That appears to be where Kidd is with it. Not sure it's a permanent approach or temporary, or how Kleber will affect it if/when he's ever healthy.
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 10:34 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Pretty sure it was Cuban.

I think Nico, Lindsey and Cuban can all share some credit on this signing.  Plenty of success here to allow us to split the credit three ways.

If Exum leaves here after two years, Mark will receive the entire blame.
[-] The following 1 user Likes surfpuckmd's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Holmes>Powell

Exum is part of the solution. What a steal for this year and next

Luka is finally maturing as a leader

We are all so proud of Lively. What a great draft pick by Nico. High character and hard worker. Lively is the perfect big for Luka

Big win without our 2nd star

We look good. Like top 4 in the West good
Like Reply