Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 22: Memphis Grizzlies (6-16) vs. Dallas Mavericks (14-8) | 120-113 WIN!!!!!
[Image: GA6wohqXsAAbQ0y?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
[Image: image0.jpg?ex=6588bd6c&is=6576486c&hm=ba...height=840]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Four rotation players out, and I still feel pretty good about the game. Guess that says something pretty positive about the roster, nay?
Like Reply
(12-11-2023, 09:58 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Four rotation players out, and I still feel pretty good about the game. Guess that says something pretty positive about the roster, nay?

We will see.  I still have an uneasy feeling about this team entering most games.  Still don't have a good feel for them.  Hopefully they remember that stomping by Memphis recently.

One thing is for sure they have done a much better job protecting themselves from injury.  Last year it was McKinley Wright, Frank, Jaden, Pinson, and others.   Just a lot of guys who were bleh (I remove Jaden from this but he has been pretty Meh so far this year).   I hope the Mavs learned their lesson moving forward.
Like Reply
Take a little look at the schedule coming up fellas. Gotta have this win tonight.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • KillerLeft, omahen
Like Reply
(12-11-2023, 03:21 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Take a little look at the schedule coming up fellas. Gotta have this win tonight.

Yes, December is a hard month, and that's even before you release the Mavs have 4 back-to-backs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
Looks like Hardaway is a last minute scratch, too. Back spasms.

Last time they played without Hardaway scoring, that game was not pretty.

Hardy getting a chance tonight FOR SURE.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Luka
Hardy
Lawson
OMax
Lively

The future is now...
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
Exum is so darn good. Just does all sorts of winning plays.

Great minutes by the youngsters. Lively was awesome to start and OMAx had some good minutes.

Hardy struggles initiating the offense. He always looks to attack. Better playing with a lead guard but his offense is needed big time
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, SleepingHero, The Jom
Like Reply
Hardy on fire.
Like Reply
Exum and OMax staying attached in the pick and roll makes all the difference. Mavs aren't scrambling for their life and the defense doesn't collapse.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
It could be just Hardy’s not a 3-4 shot a game player. He needs the Hardaway shot attempt range. Hardaway is just better now and Hardy still needs to grow in all aspects of his game. I have no doubt he is a 20 points a game player. It is just a matter of he can stay on the court to get the number of shots with his defense and other weaknesses.
Like Reply
The amount of injuries this team is facing..............................

At the half thoughts:
Exum is literally what this team needed. He is everything the Mavs have been lacking. The hustle, the basketball IQ, ball handling, penetration. Literally amazing watching him work.

OMax has been incredible on defense. If he can just hit his threes he's going to be Mikal Bridges 2.0. He shut down Bane on a drive so hard just by existing. His ability to penetrate and handle the ball has me so hyped.

Hardy was feeling it earlier this game. Hopefully he comes out the half and still lets the game come to him. When he's in his groove he plays like a 30ppg scorer, he's just that good.

AJ Lawsons athleticism is a sight to see. I don't remember when I've seen such a bouncy athletic wing for the Mavs. He's not very good, but his hustle more than makes up for it. His ability to cover ground has helped tremendously in making life difficult for the Memphis guards, particularly Bane and Rose. If he also could just shoot it, he'd have a huge role on any team.

Dereck Lively has DPOY potential. There were so many BS non-call offensive fouls that JJJr is getting away with and yet Lively is still contesting everything and making life hard. His only downfall is covering the perimeter, but that will come with time.

The sheer amount of effort plays this team generates that ends up with points is the difference between being up by 15 and only being up by 2. They are playing so well as a team. Hopefully they continue the momentum.

Oh and Luka is still HIM. It's a pleasure to watch him play basketball every game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
In my opinion the best overall performance of the season. Even with mediocre 3-point shooting. Ball and players are moving. The way Exum, Curry and Hardy are moving with and without the ball reminded me of the JJB/Devin bench lineups under RC. Penetration. Cutting. Kick outs. At some point the defense just breaks down and the Mavs get wide open looks. Luka is still calling his number when he feels like it but it's not all out hero ball.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Exum isn't going back to the bench. Might be the third best player on the team. Don't care if DJJ or Williams lose their spot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
One day Luka is going to close out on a corner three and the Mavs will be a better team for it. But that day is probably in the distant future.
Like Reply
This lineup - Morris, Powell, and Lawson... Ugh. C'mon, JKidd, we aren't tanking.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

WHAT DEFENSE BY LUKA AND THE MAVS!!!!
Like Reply
I AM LOVING LUKA RIGHT NOW!!!

TAUNT EM LUKA! WHAT EFFORT!
Like Reply
Luka asking for another flopping fine.
Like Reply