Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Athletic Releases their Tier List
[Image: bgs8auerjk4c1.jpg?width=611&auto=webp&s=...42ff3eb6c5]

Thoughts on this?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I think I'd have the Sixers and Kings in the brink of contention row, but I don't have a problem with the list. I think this will change through the season as teams will move up once they get healthy or figure things out.
Like Reply
(12-07-2023, 12:01 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: bgs8auerjk4c1.jpg?width=611&auto=webp&s=...42ff3eb6c5]

Thoughts on this?

I think this is coming from a weekly Power rankings covered by Zach Harper. I didn't notice a special piece on a tier list in The Athletic. So pretty misleading aggregation by NBA central.

Harpers weekly power rankings are very fluid and very much depend on results from each past week. I don't put much thought into it. I like to read weekly thought on Mavs in this column, as he covers something different every week.

Btw: you can notice in the tiers he has 7 West teams in the top 3 tiers (playoff or better). Minnesota is currently number one on this list due to their great recent results. I don't think many would put Minny as a serious contender, even with those great recent results.
Like Reply
(12-07-2023, 03:26 AM)omahen Wrote: I think this is coming from a weekly Power rankings covered by Zach Harper. I didn't notice a special piece on a tier list in The Athletic. So pretty misleading aggregation by NBA central.

Harpers weekly power rankings are very fluid and very much depend on results from each past week. I don't put much thought into it. I like to read weekly thought on Mavs in this column, as he covers something different every week.

Btw: you can notice in the tiers he has 7 West teams in the top 3 tiers (playoff or better). Minnesota is currently number one on this list due to their great recent results. I don't think many would put Minny as a serious contender, even with those great recent results.

Miami and Cleveland are better than a play-in team IMO, and so are the Clippers. Orlando is off to a great start, but I would not put them in as a bonafide playoff team yet.
Like Reply