Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
Lively and DJJ should be the only untouchable role players. Everyone else is expendable, including THJ, Green, and Grant
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
well that was fun while it lasted
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Told y'all OMax was a project, but ya wouldn't listen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • SwisherPrice
Like Reply
(12-02-2023, 10:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It’s still too early for this type of knee-jerk, but in the dark recesses of my mind, way in the back, I’m starting to wonder of the Mavs will regret not selling high on Hardy this past summer.

I was actually concerned that we wouldn't be able to afford him when he hits free agency in the summer of 2025.

I'm less worried about that right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes surfpuckmd's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-02-2023, 11:31 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Told y'all OMax was a project, but ya wouldn't listen.

For sure, but a worthwhile one. Just crazy to witness his combo of size, length, speed and agility in action. He was able to bother Holmgren a few times tonight. Eventually, he’ll probably be the best option against Wemby, too, let alone guys like Siakim, Kawhi, etc.

He’s going to be a stud.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Reunion Mav, rocky164
Like Reply
Welp fake comeback that resulted in Luka playing 46 minutes. Thank goodness they have 3 days off
Like Reply
This was a really fun game even if the loss is disappointing.  The comeback was really exciting.  

The great news is that Dereck Lively is growing into our third best player.  Within a year, I believe he'll be an above-average starter.  

Then we'll just need to find a 4th-best player.  That's easier to find than a 3rd-best player.
[-] The following 5 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • BolsDamols, DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
(12-02-2023, 11:31 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Told y'all OMax was a project, but ya wouldn't listen.

O-Max made a bunch of hustle plays at the start of the run, so he wasn't totally worthless. Still a ways away from contributing on offense though..

Jaden Hardy on the other hand, ugh, its tough to see any positive right now..Cant get by anybody, a turnstile on defense, low IQ plays..
Like Reply
Lively has the greatness in him that Green and Hardy don't have. He knew he played poorly yesterday and followed it up with an elite all-around performance tonight. Green just wants to be a fake PG and Hardy just wants to put up shots
Like Reply
Disheartening
Like Reply
I’m pretty encouraged by this team, tbh. Even in losses, they’re noticeably better than I expected over the summer.

They were obviously never going to actually compete this year, so applying that standard to them is hurting no one but yourself. There are frustrating things going on, such as it taking 2-3 straight possessions of them clearly not knowing what to do when Luka gets trapped for Kidd to call a time out, and then them not being able to inbound the ball after that timeout, but for the most part I’m just going to enjoy this for this developmental season it is.
Like Reply
(12-02-2023, 11:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For sure, but a worthwhile one. Just crazy to witness his combo of size, length, speed and agility in action. He was able to bother Holmgren a few times tonight. Eventually, he’ll probably be the best option against Wemby, too, let alone guys like Siakim, Kawhi, etc.

He’s going to be a stud.
You could see some nice glimpses tonight of what Omax can do for us. He needs the development minutes right now

1. Developing Lively and OMax. 2. Turning Green into a finished product

Those should be high priority goals for this season
[-] The following 5 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • ballsrchr, Chicagojk, DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, rocky164
Like Reply
I get that a lot of guards were out, but has Dexter Dennis really shown anything to be worth putting into a live nba game yet? He should at least be required to show flashes in the g league before ever getting minutes. At least Lawson stepped up big. Greg Brown is the guy that has been crushing the g league and should get some limited chances. Of all the young guys to give minutes to for exp, Dennis should probably be last atm until he shows more. Also Lawson needs to figure something out with his drives. Should have learned his lesson the first time Chet blocked his drive. He passed up a 3 to drive into Chet again late but other than that he was amazing.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jakeospikez's post:
  • BolsDamols, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
Victory this season looks like getting these youngins through a playoff series. That’s a good season for a core this young. If you can get them past the first round to experience a second series, you’re ahead of schedule.

Missing the playoffs would be disappointing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Couldn’t watch the game. Grant Williams 1 rebound. What is going on there? I like the Mavs best when they have these athletic active wings. DFS undersized but played this role well. Williams needs to be a much more positive impact when his shot isn’t falling or else he is a bench player in the future rather than starter.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
Lively taking it straight to the hole when OKC trapped Luka was awesome - he had like a couple of layups and dunks off of this play, one where he double clutched and slammed it on Chet.

Chet was awesome at the end - made a bunch of clutch plays to steady the ship for OKC, but overall, he still got outplayed by Lively
Like Reply
(12-02-2023, 11:54 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: You could see some nice glimpses tonight of what Omax can do for us. He needs the development minutes right now

1. Developing Lively and OMax. 2. Turning Green into a finished product

Those should be high priority goals for this season

Luka and Kyrie gelling and the youngsters were always the key to this season.

It can’t be a throwaway season though.  This team needs to play in important games.  You learn about players in these games.  No playoffs would be really disappointing.

(12-02-2023, 11:58 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Lively taking it straight to the hole when OKC trapped Luka was awesome - he had like a couple of layups and dunks off of this play, one where he double clutched and slammed it on Chet.

Chet was awesome at the end - made a bunch of clutch plays to steady the ship for OKC, but overall, he still got outplayed by Lively

Great news.  The passing has been impressive but I thought teams would start playing the pass.  I was worried he would not look at the rim like early Josh Green.  Great news if he starts attacking the rim if that is given.

The 6 blocks are also impressive. I was expecting more blocks from him. Sort of surprising how few he has had.
Like Reply
Grant Williams is just not the answer. Slight upgrade from Bullock...I guess? They could do more offensively with Bullock running sets with him off-the-ball. It's not so easy here compared to Boston when he was playing with like 3-4 All-NBA Defensive Team-caliber players
Like Reply
Lawson looked good tonight. He needs more minutes. Curry does as well when everyone is healthy. Hardy needs to sit and study film for awhile. I think he’s traded in the next one we make
Like Reply
(12-02-2023, 11:55 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Couldn’t watch the game.  Grant Williams 1 rebound.  What is going on there?  I like the Mavs best when they have these athletic active wings.  DFS undersized but played this role well.  Williams needs to be a much more positive impact when his shot isn’t falling or else he is a bench player in the future rather than starter.

As one of his most staunch supporters, I have to admit that Grant Williams is on a bad stretch of play, lately.

Defense isn’t quite as impactful as it should be, the catch-and-shoot opps aren’t falling frequently enough and frankly, he is trying to do a little too much on offense. 

That last thing is a complaint I have about DJJ, too, but it’s not such a bother in his case because his corner three is consistently wet.
Like Reply