Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
(12-02-2023, 10:13 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Grant Williams postup. Somewhere Wes Matthews is smiling...

Thank God the refs bailed him out on that one - it was going nowhere

Awesome stuff from Lively, didn't think he was going to get that dunk!
Like Reply
Woof

My Fubo TV just renewed for 3 more months or I’d be done with the 2023 Mavs

Hardy, Green, GWill (unprotected pick swap), Omax (2 years of Holmes) all have underwhelmed big time so far. All being significantly outplayed by vet min DJJ. The move I hated most (Lively) is the only one looking good.
Like Reply
Certainly looks like we’re missing 5 rotation players tonight.
Like Reply
Might be the worst Mavs defense I have ever seen. At least since 04.
How many times did SGA push the pace through the middle with the Mavs unable/unwilling to stop the ball. How many times did they help one pass away. Resulting in a wide open 3.
Like Reply
Apparently Exum also had a baby girl. Hope he gets back soon, he is a key part of this team.
Like Reply
[Image: game-of-thrones-got.gif]
Like Reply
(12-02-2023, 10:26 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Might be the worst Mavs defense I have ever seen. At least since 04.
How many times did SGA push the pace through the middle with the Mavs unable/unwilling to stop the ball. How many times did they help one pass away. Resulting in a wide open 3.

well, people want to trade Green. Thats life without Exum & Green and no replacement. DJJ can remotely scramble. But Green/Exum are still by the best option for ball pressure and perimeter D and someone that has more foot speed on defense.

I would say the Mavs defense can't afford any longer injury to DJJ/GW/Green/Exum. 1 guy missing and the rotation and some lineups will always lack, unless OMax can fill in.

Kyrie is also a better defender than Seth. But you need all those 4 guys to have at least a shot to have a solid defense around Luka/Kyrie/Tim.
[-] The following 2 users Like sefant's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, The Jom
Like Reply
Why didn’t Bertans get fouled shooting 3’s when he was a Maverick?
Like Reply
(12-02-2023, 09:44 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
Luka played the entire 1st quarter. Still on the floor. What is the plan? 48 minutes?

He is averaging 35 mins, played 0 mins yesterday so he is expected to play 70 mins today
Like Reply
These teams just don't respect the Mavs on defense, as they shouldn't. Once again, players take the floor against the Mavs and shoot lights out, even the guys on the bench who barely play. Last night it was Jaylen Nowell and tonight it's Jaylin Williams. Btw, Nowell is 2-10 tonight playing a Suns team that can at least offer decent defense
Like Reply
It’s still too early for this type of knee-jerk, but in the dark recesses of my mind, way in the back, I’m starting to wonder if the Mavs will regret not selling high on Hardy this past summer.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BolsDamols, DanSchwartzgan, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
Congrats to Bertans...he was probably disappointed when he got traded but it turns out he upgraded
Like Reply
On the bright side, if you can call it that

Derek Lively has now both outplayed Wembanyama and Holmgren  Smile

14/12/4 with a bunch of dunks, really controlled the paint in the first quarter - wished i would have stopped watching after the 1Q
Like Reply
I wish the Mavericks would have asked Luka to spend tonight with his new baby and his fiancee.  We should have seen this as a scheduled loss with so much of our rotation out.  

Instead, Luka's great effort has been wasted against a Thunder team that is just better than us.
Like Reply
O-Max with the best corner closeout I’ve seen this season.
Like Reply
OKC choking!
Like Reply
The fact that there are posters in this community who actively lobby for spending assets to push Lively to the bench floors me. For what THIS team needs, he’s basically already a top 10 Center in the league, and he has barely scratched the surface.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, rocky164, The Jom
Like Reply
(12-02-2023, 11:05 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Wished i would have stopped watching after the 1Q

Thank god I kept watching, lets go!!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
Not turning it off was finally worth it.
Like Reply
Just an amazing comeback.  They're playing great defensively and hitting every shot they take on offense.

Awesome.
Like Reply