Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 18: Memphis Grizzlies (5-13) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) 108-94 loss
Curry keeping the Mavs in the game. Is this Irving's worst game in a Mavs jersey?
Like Reply
(12-01-2023, 09:20 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Curry keeping the Mavs in the game. Is this Irving's worst game in a Mavs jersey?

Idk, but he needs to have a good fourth quarter.
Like Reply
Seth doing his best THJ impersonation - in a good way
Josh Green affecting the game with his energy and hustle, and these Richaun Holmes 3Q mins were not bad either.
Like Reply
Just cannot get within reach. Every single time they can turn it into a one or two possession game they kill their own momentum.
Like Reply
i wish Josh would look for his shot more. Some aussies seem reluctant to shoot, Ben Simmons, Josh Green. And then there is Josh Giddey.
Like Reply
Embarrassing loss. I really think this will hurt late season.
Like Reply
Jumping back and forth but the Mavs getting out hustled for every ball. Just a poor performed and our best player stunk tonight. Not going to beat even bad teams like that.

So disappointing we can’t let Omax run around instead of Morris. Morris can’t move any more. Can hit a 3 but provides very little else on the court.

Really frustrating performance
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Was Luka out for legitimate reasons or did the Mavs decide to rest him because we didn't need him. I hope it was legitimate.
Like Reply
Not going to win any game without Luka when Kyrie is 3/15 from the field.
Like Reply
(12-01-2023, 09:32 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not going to win any game without Luka when Kyrie is 3/15 from the field.

Agreed. Wish Kyrie would have played like normal.
Like Reply
The worst part is that Memphis gets another win pre-Morant.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I don't care that Luka's out, the team should be ashamed of the way they played tonight, Memphis even tried to turn the tank on in the third quarter and we didn't accept it
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
As a general note. It really doesn't matter who is playing. The defense sucks. Looking at D-Rating and on/off THJ and Luka are among the worst defenders on the roster. They aren't playing and the Mavs still cannot get a stop. Grizzlies are shooting 51% from the floor.
Like Reply
Team is missing Luka and THJ but I feel Exum’s absence is low key felt as well

Hardy..he has played the worst game probably in his short NBA career, felt like he did not belong on the court
Like Reply
They have a unique ability to boxout their own teammates and tip the ball to opposing players.
Like Reply
(12-01-2023, 09:32 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Was Luka out for legitimate reasons or did the Mavs decide to rest him because we didn't need him. I hope it was legitimate.
He just had his first kid, a daughter
Like Reply
Not a good sign recent losses to Kings ( back to back), clippers and now a terrible Grizzluy team that this team has not been competitive. Good teams don’t have many of those games. To have 3 in a few weeks isn’t promising.

Even more disappointing it appears Omax is going to need more time to get into the fringe rotation. Hardy has had few bright spots and so far hasn’t made a little leap I was expecting and neither has Green. Three of the 5-6 players I really care about moving forward.
Like Reply
(12-01-2023, 09:32 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Was Luka out for legitimate reasons or did the Mavs decide to rest him because we didn't need him. I hope it was legitimate.

I would say being there for the birth of his child is a legitimate reason. Wouldn't you?

(12-01-2023, 09:48 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Not a good sign recent losses to Kings ( back to back), clippers and now a terrible Grizzluy team that this team has not been competitive.  Good teams don’t have many of those games.  To have 3 in a few weeks isn’t promising.

Even more disappointing it appears Omax is going to need more time to get into the fringe rotation.  Hardy has had few bright spots and so far hasn’t made a little leap I was expecting and neither has Green.  Three of the 5-6 players I really care about moving forward.

Now they get a hot OKC team on a back to back. I'm sure Luka's back tomorrow.
Like Reply
Irving is  everything but  a leader.Nice game  from aldama on the  griezz side,interesting player.

Apparently  irving he  is uncertain for the  thunder game.Nice timing after his  crap performance.
Like Reply
(12-01-2023, 09:41 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Team is missing Luka and THJ but I feel Exum’s absence is low key  felt as well

Hardy..he has played the worst game probably in his short NBA career, felt like he did not belong on the court
Kyrie net rating without Exum: -1.72
Kyrie net rating with Exum: +19.40

Luka net rating without Exum: -0.97
Luka net rating with Exum: +18.20

Thats basically for the most part the Mavs bench staggered lineup without Exum  Big Grin  

[Image: lively.png]

Lowest DefRtg in the lineups without Tim/Powell. And overall highest net rating in the non Lively minutes.

Not sure if Exum alone would have helped that much for the offense. But he is surely for me p4p the best defender from the non Lively guys. Because he can defend the perimeter and plays a little bigger than Green. He has more weight and can switch better on fat guys.

But he also leads raw +/- with +39 now, despite playing lower minutes. Might have helped Hardy a lot tho, if you could have moved him off the ball. I doubt Hardy will be ever capable of playing full time PG. At least for now.

Exum +39
Lively +36
----
Grant +18
[-] The following 1 user Likes sefant's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply