Poll: Who Gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Grant Williams (5pts, 6rbds, -4)
4.00%
1 4.00%
Dereck Lively (9pts, 2rbds, 1blk, +1)
4.00%
1 4.00%
Kyrie (17pts, 7rbds, 6asts, 6 4th quarter pts)
0%
0 0%
Luka (49pts, 10rbds, 7asts, 9-14 from 3. 1 wtf shot)
92.00%
23 92.00%
Green (7pts, 3rbds, 2asts, 3stls,)
0%
0 0%
THJ (19 pts, 4rbds. Managed to score for both teams)
0%
0 0%
Powell (11pts, 2rbds, 4 quarter savant)
0%
0 0%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 2 DIRKIE: LUUUUUUUKA
[Image: F9f_RkXWEAAz-IC?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I mean is there really even a contest??

I am still reeling from that 4th quarter from Luka. I am in disbelief. What the f is he made out of ???

He truly is hookah Luka.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
luka won us the game single handedly and the wtf shot was just an epitome of his unbelievable performance tonight. if he stays healthy and keeps this form he will get the MVP award without no doubt. hope rest of the team won't hold him back though.
Like Reply
As I said in the last poll, when I gave the Dirkie to Lively, "....Luka will have many more and better nights. He will get his Dirkie's...". There's no way to build up excitement as I reveal the player who won my Dirkie. Second game of the season--it's Luka all the way. Exciting game--in a way--but it underscores the fact that Luka needs some help!

Some observations:

Kyrie Irving had a fairly bad shooting night...even with 17 points. If you're not shooting well you need to contribute in other ways. KI had 7 rebounds, 6 assists, and no turnovers. At least a little pearl in a rotten oyster...

THJ also had a putrid shooting night. Yeah, yeah...19 points, but--37% from the field. Each miss is basically a turnover. You can take it to the bank that THJ is going to shoot no matter how tight the defense is. It would be nice if he could involve, or setup, another player more than he does. Shot selection would help him immensely.

Where was Lively? Did Kidd say something about match ups? I don't know...

I've never been as down on Dwight Powell as many on this forum. I don't think he should be a starter, but when he does come in he gives it all, and usually doesn't hurt the team. 13 minutes, 11 points, 100% shooting.

Josh Green had a bad shooting night. Notice a pattern here? We can almost plug in any name before: ...bad shooting night. I expect more from JG. He has the tools. I guess somebody needs to show him how to use them. This is probably a multifaceted problem. Hopefully it can--will--be cured.

Dante Exum is going to have a hard time finding minutes to play--but I think he can help when he does.

The rest of the team did so little I almost can't remember their names...
Like Reply
Gotta be Luka.

And to think that when Powell made a 3 I thought it would be the craziest shot of the night...
[-] The following 5 users Like Jmaciscool's post:
  • ballsrchr, DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
You either vote for Luka or you're wrong
Like Reply
Luka legit single-handedly won the game. Full stop. The morning after I'm still in awe.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Crazy thing about the Powell 3 was it appeared to be a set play. It was off a timeout, which is practically the only time Kidd bothers to run a play (insert “Ice, Ice!” here.) Is that a play they work on in practice? Powell looked like the first option off the Luka double. Not sure because I haven’t seen a replay, but that’s how it seemed real time.
Like Reply
(10-28-2023, 11:19 AM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Crazy thing about the Powell 3 was it appeared to be a set play. It was off a timeout, which is practically the only time Kidd bothers to run a play (insert “Ice, Ice!” here.) Is that a play they work on in practice? Powell looked like the first option off the Luka double. Not sure because I haven’t seen a replay, but that’s how it seemed real time.

I think you are right.  There was a pick set for Kyrie to go right.  Then Luka was blocking players from being able to get to Powell.  So the action certainly looked like it was designed to open up a corner 3.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Let’s keep it a secret. Dwight Powell: Corner 3 Deadeye.
Like Reply