Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PRESEASON GAME 3: DAL vs. Real Madrid
[Image: F8E8cqRXIAAHKYj?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Is the game on tv today?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...8526378042

The Mavericks tell @BallySportsSW they will have to limit Luka Dončić to roughly five minutes of playing time in his Real Madrid homecoming game due to a left calf strain.

Dončić desperately wanted to play more, I'm told, but Dallas established this limit to be ultra cautious.

(10-10-2023, 01:09 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Is the game on tv today?

NBA TV, league pass, and I think the Mavs are streaming it again.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
exum and Jones jr start with Luka, Grant and Lively
Like Reply
(10-10-2023, 01:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...8526378042

The Mavericks tell @BallySportsSW they will have to limit Luka Dončić to roughly five minutes of playing time in his Real Madrid homecoming game due to a left calf strain.

Dončić desperately wanted to play more, I'm told, but Dallas established this limit to be ultra cautious.

NBA TV, league pass, and I think the Mavs are streaming it again.

Not great that this has lingered for awhile.  It is preseason and it is best to be cautious but you know Luka wanted to play more in this game.
Like Reply
Not even FIBA rules except for the 3-point line but the Mavs have absolutely no clue how to defend Madrid.
Like Reply
They obviously aren't going all out but it would be nice to enter the season with some kind of hope for the defense.
Like Reply
(10-10-2023, 02:15 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: They obviously aren't going all out but it would be nice to enter the season with some kind of hope for the defense.

only thing wild to me is that we started the "defense first" unit and it was still that bad
Like Reply
very I am a little behind but not a great performance by Dallas so far.

Very small sample size but I don't like how Maxi is playing out there. Hopefully just getting into game form. Looks a little stiff.
Like Reply
Campazzo getting his revenge against the Mavs so far?
Like Reply
One thing that stands out is that so far the THJ/Powell minutes are by far the best.
Like Reply
Just by the eye test Exum looks pretty good out there.
Like Reply
(10-10-2023, 03:22 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Just by the eye test Exum looks pretty good out there.

Gonna make it tough for Hardy and Seth but he absolutely needs to be the backup point 
But I guess good news for them that Kyrie and Luka are bound to miss way too many games
Like Reply
I think Dexter Dennis is intriguing. His athleticism and defense that are his strong points do indeed stick out. Older rookie though (turns 25 in Feb). Big issue is shooting. Never shot it well in college. Forms looks ok. He looks like a NBA player if he can make open shots though.
Like Reply
Campazzo dominating in crunchtime!
Like Reply
Too early for T-Talk?
Like Reply
Euro vets easily outplaying Mavs g-league lineup to close out the game.

Fun fact: Yabusele was picked with a first that the Mavs gave up in the Rondo trade.
Like Reply
Ha. I turned it off in the 4th when we were up by 10 plus. Great, now we get to hear about the mavs losing to a euro team. Fun, fun. This team needs to get some confidence.

I have been disappointed in Hardy. He will look better next to a star but I haven’t seen the growth in some of the other parts of the game I was expecting. Playing pretty sloppy too. I don’t think he is forcing playing time unfortunately. I think Maxi looks off too. Hopefully he is just getting back to speed.

I thought Lively was pretty good in the first half. The second half he lost track of the ball plenty of times and wasn’t going hard after the ball. That big guy took it to him in the second half.

If we are to assume Josh, Hardaway, exum and Seth get the backup 2 and small forward minutes, it is an Interesting and tricky match. How do you get Hardaway with the Luka minutes and Josh with the Kyrie minutes. Delicate balance.
Like Reply
Can we just sign Poirier? 

Looked better than everything we threw on the field at center on offense and on defense…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
(10-10-2023, 04:53 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Can we just sign Poirier? 

Looked better than everything we threw on the field at center on offense and on defense…

i thought the same thing. He's better than Holmes and Maxi for sure.

(10-10-2023, 04:14 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Too early for T-Talk?

Are talking team tank? If so, i'm in.
Like Reply