Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: MIN vs. DAL
McDaniels is a player. Wolves picked a good one.
Like Reply
Nice Luka to Lively oop. quick action.

Then they went back to same play and no one picked up Luka for the layup
Like Reply
It's the Luka show as usual.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
End of quarter possesion, perfect time to practice a new play. What does Kidd draw up? 1 pass to Luka and hail mary 3 from half court!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Nice run late. Seem a little more fast paced and got better looks.

Good experience for Lively to play against a guy like Gobert. Some good, some bad. OMAX was very quiet. Not a lot of minutes for Green.
Like Reply
(10-05-2023, 12:13 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Nice run late.  Seem a little more fast paced and got better looks. 

Good experience for Lively to play against a guy like Gobert.    Some good, some bad.  OMAX was very quiet.  Not a lot of minutes for Green.

Ironically Green looked ready and OMax pretty lost out there. 

As a certified Lively hater on draft night, I think he's ready for way more minutes than I previously expected.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(10-05-2023, 12:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Ironically Green looked ready and OMax pretty lost out there. 

As a certified Lively hater on draft night, I think he's ready for way more minutes than I previously expected.

Yeah, it is preseason, so experiment.  But I am really surprised they are not throwing Green out there with the starters to build chemistry.  It just makes me feel they view Green ideally as a high minute bench player long term.   I may be wrong though.
Like Reply
(10-05-2023, 12:17 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Yeah, it is preseason, so experiment.  But I am really surprised they are not throwing Green out there with the starters to build chemistry.  It just makes me feel they view Green ideally as a high minute bench player long term.   I may be wrong though.

I truly feel like JKidd is winging it and has no real concrete plan outside of what they're going to do tomorrow. 

I am shocked the team kept him this offseason when guys like Nurse, Bud, Vogel and Udoka were there and available. It kind of makes my blood boil to be honest.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, KillerLeft, MrGoat, rocky164
Like Reply
(10-05-2023, 12:17 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Yeah, it is preseason, so experiment.  But I am really surprised they are not throwing Green out there with the starters to build chemistry.  It just makes me feel they view Green ideally as a high minute bench player long term.   I may be wrong though.

Kidd is going to Kidd
people always forget that Brunson started his last season here on the bench and didn't secure the spot until the KP trade 
But cool he has so much confidence in Lively. Hopefully he keeps that starting spot all season no matter how ugly it looks at times
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
So Holmes is even below Morris in the rotation?
Kinda surprised by that
Like Reply
How many times can the same hand off play catch the Mavs defense off guard?
Like Reply
They cut it to 12.
Like Reply
Nice play with green, Hardy and exam. Would like to see some youth in the front court though to go with them
Like Reply
Game showing basic problems on defense Mavs will have whole season. Luka has to switch screens, but you can't switch screens with Kyrie (and he is not quick enough fighting through them). Mavs will have huge problems defending PnR, as they had last season

Also. It is a first game and all, but considering Omax as starter before Green looks like a huge insult to Green
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Holmes getting some time.
Like Reply
Looks like Hardy should be way ahead in rotation than Curry. Whats the goal here anyway. Mavs are not good enough to contend. It should be all about developing for the future.
Like Reply
Game has totally flipped after the reserves came in. Minnesota has cooled off.
Like Reply
Holmes is piquing my interest.

Exum, Green, and Hardy are the MVPs of today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
Didn't know Shake Milton was on Minny.
Like Reply
(10-05-2023, 11:51 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: All of Williams' threes coming from above the break. He's better from the corner. Kidd knows that, right?

This was driving me crazy.
Like Reply