Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dame Trade: Dame to MIL| Holiday+Ayton+1sts to POR| Nurkic, Allen, Little to PHX
(09-29-2023, 01:11 PM)omahen Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/statu...2606364754

Too rich for my blood, especially for the Mavs. Maybe a team who thinks they’re one move away could justify that.
Like Reply
(09-29-2023, 01:11 PM)omahen Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/statu...2606364754

Starting price likely neans what Portland want, not what they will get. Despite the wording to claim otherwise
[-] The following 1 user Likes khaled1987's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(09-29-2023, 03:16 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Starting price likely neans what Portland want, not what they will get. Despite the wording to claim otherwise

That is a good point.  Tough to match sending guys who match the salaries plus the first round picks.   Most of the teams are probably competitive, so they are also giving up a piece they probably need too.  

I don't know why teams like the Bulls would be interested.  Although the Bulls do seem laser focused on getting to 42 wins for some reason.   

I think OKC and Orlando are real interesting sleepers.    OKC can use the Bertans contact and a few of their thousand draft picks.    While it is not a final piece, it is another piece to solidify their playoff standing.   Orlando is filled with young players.  Issac, Harris and picks.  That doesn't touch any of their core, heck even throw in Cole Anthony.   That could make them a solid playoff team with a lot of growth possible due to their youth.
Like Reply
Vecenie also thinks JRue is worth 2 picks and more. Mentions Dallas as a long shot. He thinks Clippers are most likely to get him.

https://theathletic.com/4911773/2023/09/...s-celtics/
Like Reply
I didn’t see where he said he thinks he’s worth it. He did say he thinks it’s likely they get that because of the amount of teams he thinks that will be calling for him and that even if the Clippers don’t offer that package, they can lie to other teams using that package as the package to beat. Maybe he’s right, but to me, his comment that he’s retiring at the end of this contract and like the writer in the article said, he’s on the decline with a horrible playoff showing under his belt, I’m skeptical teams offer that much or they are stupid if they do.
Like Reply
(09-30-2023, 07:44 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I didn’t see where he said he thinks he’s worth it. He did say he thinks it’s likely they get that because of the amount of teams he thinks that will be calling for him and that even if the Clippers don’t offer that package, they can lie to other teams using that package as the package to beat. Maybe he’s right, but to me, his comment that he’s retiring at the end of this contract and like the writer in the article said, he’s on the decline with a horrible playoff showing under his belt, I’m skeptical teams offer that much or they are stupid if they do.

All of his trade ideas include 2 picks. Not sure what else he needs to say Smile

I think, if the price would be 1 pick, Portland would get around 25 offers if not more. Pretty logical some teams where clock is ticking will offer more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply