Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stein: "Don't Worry About Mavs Moves"
Marc Stein:  "For all my Dallas neighbors. . . . Dallas indeed continues to pursue upgrades on the wing and at center. The Mavs know they haven't done enough there."

Marc Stein:  "We covered this  yesterday but the top free agents on the board are generally restricted free agents.  Offer sheets to RGA's can't happen until Thursday."
[-] The following 2 users Like WildArkieBoy's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
[Image: 485786881.0.jpg]
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 10:42 PM)loki Wrote: [Image: 485786881.0.jpg]

Bruh...Why you gotta bring the Polish Hammer back into this? Ugh.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 10:46 PM)audiosway Wrote: Bruh...Why you gotta bring the Polish Hammer back into this? Ugh.

7/13/09

Never forget
[-] The following 2 users Like loki's post:
  • audiosway, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Wow, we're really going back to getting kicked in the Gortats.

Maybe we could still throw a max at Chandler Parsons to shore us up at forward
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Stein didn't say as you put in the thread title...
Like Reply
(07-03-2023, 12:40 AM)omahen Wrote: Stein didn't say as you put in the thread title...

you caught me. . . i'm a liar
Like Reply
Duffy better hook his best client up or Luka should look for new representation. And so should G Will.

Even if we sign one of the RFAs we will be very active on the trade front. We have several contracts to put out there
Like Reply
(07-03-2023, 05:43 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Duffy better hook his best client up or Luka should look for new representation. And so should G Will.

Even if we sign one of the RFAs we will be very active on the trade front. We have several contracts to put out there

Lack of tradeable contracts isn´t the problem. But you have to attach something to them. What can the Mavs offer Boston for Williams? Portland for Thybulle?
2030 2nd won´t be enough. Do you give up Hardy or Green (I wouldn´t) or take back more bad salary?
Like Reply
Horford and GWill for Bullock, McGee and the 27 1st is the way.
Like Reply
(07-03-2023, 07:56 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Horford and GWill for Bullock, McGee and the 27 1st is the way.

OOOF. No thanks.  There's gotta be a better way to burn the last remaining unprotected FRP this decade than on a 37 yo Horford, and a 5th to 7th best player on a championship level team in Williams.  Why do people keep forgetting Williams was out of Boston's rotation for a chunk of time?
[-] The following 2 users Like RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • BigDirk41, khaled1987
Like Reply
(07-03-2023, 08:13 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: OOOF. No thanks.  There's gotta be a better way to burn the last remaining unprotected FRP this decade than on a 37 yo Horford, and a 5th to 7th best player on a championship level team in Williams.  Why do people keep forgetting Williams was out of Boston's rotation for a chunk of time?
And getting off McGee’s contract and never having to see Bullock on the court for us.
It’s a fair deal.
Like Reply
(07-03-2023, 06:13 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Lack of tradeable contracts isn't the problem. But you have to attach something to them. What can the Mavs offer Boston for Williams? Portland for Thybulle?

2030 2nd won't be enough. Do you give up Hardy or Green (I wouldn't) or take back more bad salary?

I think for at least one of those players, the Mavs will take a shot that they don't need a pick at all, by simply negotiating an offer sheet with the player.

And historically, a 2nd is plenty in a sign-and-trade IF the other team isn't having to take bad salary. Depending on the salary for the player, the Mavs should be able to navigate a deal with little to no salary being sent the other way in the snt, for at least one of those guys, and maybe either, if they want to go there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(07-03-2023, 07:56 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Horford and GWill for Bullock, McGee and the 27 1st is the way.

You'll get hung up on unless Brad Stevens is drunk.
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55It6jA2_zg Why The Mavericks KNOW He's The STEAL Of The 2022 Draft...

As a rookie Hardy led his entire rookie class in points per 100 posessions.

I would say there is no chance in hell we give up Hardy for any of the nonsense being offered for him he is a top 5 player from his draft class and would end up being a starter on most teams not having Luka and Kyrie already on them.

He should be able to easily win 6th man of the year award this year.

He is our insurance for if Kyrie goes off and starts doing Kyrazy stuff which I doubt he will do now that he is in Texas where we are all like Kyrie since we are all a little crazy so he sort of fits in here and we love him for being the way he is. Especially the way he trolled everyone saying he was going to visit teams during free agency. That was absolute genius level hilarious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes myconsumerclub's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(07-03-2023, 06:13 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Lack of tradeable contracts isn´t the problem. But you have to attach something to them. What can the Mavs offer Boston for Williams? Portland for Thybulle?
2030 2nd won´t be enough. Do you give up Hardy or Green (I wouldn´t) or take back more bad salary?
I think we should lower our expectations for a trade. We put out our contracts and look for the most value. There are teams looking to move off players without draft compensation coming back. Even better if we can find a way to add a 2nd round pick. Plenty of teams looking for shooting and Reggie and Tim have good numbers. Are we getting starters back? No. But just swapping the contracts and getting bodies in the frontcourt would be a win. Or maybe WE give the asset of the trade spread taking on more money and get the better player. Just like the draft we need to turn nothing into something so it could take awhile. Guys like the Clippers washed up players(Morris, RoCo) are the guys I’m talking about targeting. 

As far as the RFAs go, at this point the best course could be just get them to sign the offer sheet and see if they will match. Get them for free. Bullock plus Holmes trade spread plus 2030 SRP is a strong offer if we want to go that way. Probably too strong 

I am not trading Hardy or Green at all. Or 27. We aren’t going all in this year. Our stars are fine with that or we wouldn’t be going down this road. Luka and Kyrie WANT the young guys IMO and know what they’re signing up for

There is a “*” with Green though. We need to know we can re-sign him at ~4/50 after all the business is done. If he plays games then now could be the best time to cash in. BUT, the best option is him extending
[-] The following 3 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • ballsrchr, dirkfansince1998, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
What is your reasoning for not using the 27?

Also, trade spread on the $22M (if we’re staying under apron 1) of Bullock and Holmes is $5.5M, that and the SRP is not enough to make up for the FRP needed to get off Holmes. The way we’re not including a FRP for him is by trading for a worse contract and player.
Like Reply
(07-04-2023, 02:15 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: You'll get hung up on unless Brad Stevens is drunk.
It’s not a hang up the phone offer at all. That FRP is absolutely a conversation starter. The names might change though (THJ and McGee are roughly the same money only longer term). With KP and RobWill, they have no need for Horford, and he is reportedly not wanting to stay. They also are possibly not looking to pay GWill as much as other teams will.
Like Reply
1 I wouldn't offer a pick unless the Mavs get a pick in return. We bemoan the Mavs lack of picks, and in the next breath try to get them to be stripped bare of having any. It's an illustration of the old expression of your money "burning a hole in your pocket" - ie, you can't wait to spend what you have, so you never have.
2 I think too many want to use the Mavs picks in the same way Cuban has - as the primary path to any trade - and imo that's a mistake
3 The players being discussed don't merit the loss of picks
4 If you can't get the perfect players, imo the worse answer is to massively overspend to do something and get the best of the meh solutions. But better, is to instead get short-term deals, hope to coach them up and see what happens, and try again in a year.
[-] The following 3 users Like F Gump's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL, michaeltex
Like Reply
I think the only RFA that is worth the 2027 unprotected is PJ Washington, cause he has enough upside and the right age to even double that return with the right progression.

I was screaming like a crazy person to jump on the JA-DAJ-Houston catastrophe as it transpired. In the end It cost the Cavs the 24th pick last year to get Jarrett Allen. Cost us the 25th pick to get Christian Wood. Plus eating the contract of Taurean Prince, who turned out to be better than Josh Richardson anyway.

PJ Washington is somebody that could improve his value significantly. Plus you can make a side deal with either Hayward or Oubre/Myhkailiuk. With Hayward you basically get the same benefit, I said you would have gotten with Westbrook. Don´t just look at his current contract, but also his next one. Yes $31.5M for Hayward is bad. How does 36/3 for the 6th man of the year sound?

THJ + McGee + 2027 unprotected possibly gets you Washington + Oubre + Mykhailiuk

The Hayward one could be difficult to match the salaries. Probably need to involve all of THJ + Bullock + McGee + Wood and then you might get there, but then the cap legality might be tricky. If you throw in Holmes instead of Wood, you suddenly are a center short.

But all in all I think either outcome:

Doncic/Hardy/Exum
Irving/Curry/ Mykhailliuk
Green/Oubre/Bullock
Washington/Kleber/Omax
Holmes/Powell/Lively

Doncic/Hardy/Exum
Irving/Curry/
Green/Hayward/
Washington/Kleber/Omax
Bamba Big Grin /Powell/Lively

are some of the best we can hope for.

I´m not giving up that 2027 for Williams, Reed, Thybulle or Dosunmu. That is nuts. Chance I´d be proven wrong by those, too. I just don´t see it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, soog
Like Reply