Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling out Kammrath
Hey, the Mavericks just executed what I believe might have been your ideal draft night. 

Sure, they wheeled and dealt a little, but not only did they NOT trade out of the draft, they actually (never thought I’d ever type this) ADDED an additional 1st round pick. 

Two picks. Two rookies. 

And here’s the best part: their wingspans are 7’7” and 7’1”…right out of the Kammrath scouting playbook. 

I hope that wherever you are, you know about this and are happy. You should come by and discuss it with us!
Like Reply
Plus 1

Come on dude. Maybe the embarrassment of last year finally got the keys taken away from the drunk driver(mark, you’re drunk, go home). There’s more hope than ever right now. Plenty of kool aid for everyone
Like Reply
Hope he is ok. I think he posted that this past season took all the joy out of talking about the Mavs. I feel ya! This is the time of year where it is easy to talk yourselves into being hopeful, before the reality of the season starts. Watching the Mavs games last year felt like a job. We should have been paid for sticking with them last year.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • ballsrchr, rocky164, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Agree, Kam is missed.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 09:09 AM)The Jom Wrote: Agree, Kam is missed.

I'm open to the possibility that someone, anyone's departure can be traced to more than leaving a single message board.

Many are introspectively examining their current lives, sitting in front of a laptop or phone hours each day, realizing they are sacrificing, missing much of what adds quality to life.

Even now, my 75 year old legs wonder if today will be the day they get to walk in the sunshine or just endure another boring stint under a table.  

As I wrote the line above, I gave my legs the obligatory stretch, but they were not that impressed.
[-] The following 2 users Like WildArkieBoy's post:
  • ballsrchr, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Welcome back. It looks like Nico has finally been given the keys as GM, something we disagreed on big time before you left. The Mavs actually valued the draft and hopefully they're tampering their ass off right now.
Like Reply
That's not Kamm guys...lol
[-] The following 9 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • ballsrchr, F Gump, hakeemfaan, ItsGoTime, khaled1987, KillerLeft, MFFL, Okstate819, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I miss Kam too
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 03:04 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I miss Kam too

Whoa! I miss YOU, pal! Good to see you!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 03:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Whoa! I miss YOU, pal! Good to see you!

Hug? I miss you too!!
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 3 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 03:06 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Hug? I miss you too!!

Holy crap! Glad to see you fif

Hope you can find some time during FA to share your thoughts on the Mavs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, hakeemfaan
Like Reply
Okay...Killer asked for Kam and got Fifteenth. Anyone knows if this also works with free agents. Ask for Ayton and get Jokic?
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 03:12 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Holy crap! Glad to see you fif

Hope you can find some time during FA to share your thoughts on the Mavs.

Good to see you, pal! It wouldn't take too long to share my thoughts these days. 

1) Still hurt over DFS, 2) Please send Kyrie away, 3) Please figure out how to get Luka to stay in shape 

How's that?
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 4 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BigDirk41, chaparral, SleepingHero, The Jom
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 03:15 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Okay...Killer asked for Kam and got Fifteenth. Anyone knows if this also works with free agents. Ask for Ayton and get Jokic?

I guess he should have asked for me so that Kam would appear!
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
Welcome back Kamm or whoever that is ?
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 07:26 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hope he is ok.  I think he posted that this past season took all the joy out of talking about the Mavs.  I feel ya!  This is the time of year where it is easy to talk yourselves into being hopeful, before the reality of the season starts.    Watching the Mavs games last year felt like a job.  We should have been paid for sticking with them last year.

Yep. Last year sucked. Worst sports year for a team I follow ever, way worse than when bad teams have had bad seasons.  It was such a waste. But true to their word, the Mavs are pretty much turning this roster over. They’re going to have a bunch of new guys in the rotation next year. I don’t think they’re done at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 11:16 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Yep. Last year sucked. Worst sports year for a team I follow ever, way worse than when bad teams have had bad seasons.  It was such a waste. But true to their word, the Mavs are pretty much turning this roster over. They’re going to have a bunch of new guys in the rotation next year. I don’t think they’re done at all.

I agree. I think that the Mavs plan on adding at least a ball handler, a wing, and a big man. I fully think that Ayton will be a Mav when all is said and done. I think Green will be the starting 3 but would love to see another defensive minded wing added. I get the feeling this team is about to be young basically from top to bottom. You'll see a couple of vets but Nico is rebuilding this thing. Kidd said it the other day in the presser for the draftkins. Nico is bringing these guys in and it's his vision. I was very shocked and surprised by that. And Cuban was NOT on the stage. Just wow.

And yeah Kamm. Just nut up and come back. Let's do this thing.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 2 users Like audiosway's post:
  • BigDirk41, WillE
Like Reply
@kammrath come out, come out wherever you areeeeeeeee

I mean with all the moves Mavs have been making he should slowly but surely come back.

The combined wingspan of Lively, Omax, Williams, potentialy Thybulle is what? The size of Burj Khalifa?
[-] The following 1 user Likes juanc's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 06:31 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: ....or whoever that is ?

Sad
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply