Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Summer League | Mavs end off 4-1
All in all a postive first half. The guys I care about look pretty good. Except for Mike Miles who ball stuck in his hands a little bit, but it is his first game and he will learn he can’t play the way he did in college in the pros.

Wish OMAX and Lively got more run, but their skills fit really well with our roster.

OKC just got really hot there and also took advantage of some of our non-nba players. Wallace looks good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Good job keeping it this close
OKC is essentially playing a NBA roster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I thought Omax is like the energizer bunny, so why is he only playing 10 minutes. Same low minutes as Lively and Lawson. Mavs are so irritating. Undecided
Like Reply
Really tough to judge role players in summer league. Super disjointed. No point guard or shooting on the floor for the Mavs.

Omax plays with a lot of energy.

Cason Wallace probably the standout.
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:11 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Now put Omax on Wallace and see if Cason Wallace continues lighting it up.

I feel like the rookies have barely gotten any run. Why has Chris Silva been on the court for what feels like an hour now?

Lively and Omax only got one full practice with the team, the could only do individual drills because the trades weren't official till the 6th
[-] The following 1 user Likes juanc's post:
  • AgGiE1991
Like Reply
I don't want to see either draft pick hurt, so I'm fine with them in reduced minutes.

If Luca and Kyrie are taking the night off or are injured during the regular season, I'm not crazy about the idea of Wright as our PG.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • Arioch
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:19 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Really tough to judge role players in summer league. Super disjointed. No point guard or shooting on the floor for the Mavs.

Omax plays with a lot of energy.

Cason Wallace probably the standout.

CW is motivated against the Mavs for not keeping him.
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:19 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I thought Omax is like the energizer bunny, so why is he only playing 10 minutes. Same low minutes as Lively and Lawson. Mavs are so irritating. Undecided

OMax and Lively didn't even practice 5 on 5 for a couple months
Would be stupid to push them too hard
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • Arioch, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:21 PM)Winter Wrote: I don't want to see either draft pick hurt, so I'm fine with them in reduced minutes.

If Luca and Kyrie are taking the night off or are injured during the regular season, I'm not crazy about the idea of Wright as our PG.

Bring JJB out of retirement.
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:05 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Wright needs to play better.  4th summer league i believe.  He needs to look like one of the best players on the court.

I’ve been saying that for some time. It’s time to move on to another PG project.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:21 PM)Winter Wrote: I don't want to see either draft pick hurt, so I'm fine with them in reduced minutes.

Curry is the replacement. Wright won't be on the team next season imo.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
The next time that female referee makes a call for the Mavs will be the first. Literally every call she has made has been against the Mavs. Luka will have to put the moves on her, if she makes it to the big league.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Lively plays the pick and roll well, defensively. He has quick feet and so far, a high motor.

(07-08-2023, 03:25 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Curry is the replacement. Wright won't be on the team next season imo.

…and Hardy. And Exum. 

I’m not even watching Wright. He is irrelevant.
Like Reply
Think I saw Josh Green on the sideline. Couldn’t pick out the other mavs
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:26 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: The next time that female referee makes a call for the Mavs will be the first. Literally every call she has made has been against the Mavs. Luka will have to put the moves on her, if she makes it to the big league.
There you go
Like Reply
Lively's screens are giving me hope. He tries to make contract.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
Lively needs to learn to expect those passes
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:28 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Think I saw Josh Green on the sideline.  Couldn’t pick out the other mavs
Kyrie is there!

Unfortunate Lively has no touch.

BUT OMAX TAKES 15 STEPS AND FLUSHES IT DOWN SHEEESH
Like Reply
Lively offense is as bad as advertised tbh
Like Reply
OMAX WITH THE D IN THE CORNER OMG
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply