Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Summer League | Mavs end off 4-1
Well I´d say Lively already has Capela´s FT shooting down. Wink
Like Reply
I´ll say it right now. Hardy is UNTOUCHABLE.
Like Reply
Heck, Lively has already stood out in the first 8 minutes. Active around the basket on both ends. FT’s were ugly, but I’ll certainly live with that for now given what I’m seeing otherwise!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Lively looks like the right type of center already, to me.
Like Reply
Lively goes out and Holmgren realizes nobody wants to guard him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes speedkilz88's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
Chris Silva seems to have some really big fans in the Dallas organization, but I’ve seen more than enough of him, personally.
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 02:51 PM)speedkilz88 Wrote: Lively goes out and Holmgren realizes nobody wants to guard him.

Yeah apparently Mavs don´t want to hurt his feelings, so after looking completely useless against Lively/Omax, they Mavs immediately benched their 1st round picks to play the G-League squad to make Chet feel better. Confused
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 02:51 PM)speedkilz88 Wrote: Lively goes out and Holmgren realizes nobody wants to guard him.

It was Omax who put him in his pocket. Also Lively will be a defensive gamechanger for the Mavs. Was on an island with Dieng once and Wallace, both didn't even bother to try Big Grin
Like Reply
OMax is so good at defense.

Lively is so good at defense.

Holy shit.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Lively is going to be able to play. Not sure if it will happen this year or not, but it ain’t taking three years. He will affect change in games, defensively.

God i love Omax
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
The defense with Omax and Lively is night and day difference when they're on the court.

Hardy is a polished offensive player.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Omax just BLEW UP a screen/roll. Shut it down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 02:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Lively is going to be able to play. Not sure if it will happen this year or not, but it ain’t taking three years. He will affect change in games, defensively.

God i love Omax

The fact Lively is holding down Chet gives me a lot of promise. That's a legit NBA player. I felt the Lively effect as soon as Silva was on Chet and he scored 8 straight. 

Omax's hustle is incredible. He doesn't stop. Even when his ankles got snatched he still somehow contested the jumper and forced the miss.
Like Reply
Thybulle, Schmybulle, we have OMAX
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
They should not try to make Hardy something he is not, a PG. Messes up his flow. Just let me be a scorer. He seems erratic.

Also SL hyberbole. As if you could tell a difference between the two Holmgren pictures. Looked exactly the same. If he took a dump before one and ate a steak before the other, you´d have the same "alleged" physique change.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • MFFL, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Wright needs to play better. 4th summer league i believe. He needs to look like one of the best players on the court.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:05 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Wright needs to play better.  4th summer league i believe.  He needs to look like one of the best players on the court.

Yes to this. He can't stay on his feet and is fumbling the ball.
Like Reply
Now put Omax on Wallace and see if Cason Wallace continues lighting it up.

I feel like the rookies have barely gotten any run. Why has Chris Silva been on the court for what feels like an hour now?
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:11 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Now put Omax on Wallace and see if Cason Wallace continues lighting it up.

I feel like the rookies have barely gotten any run. Why has Chris Silva been on the court for what feels like an hour now?

Probably for the same reasons that Dwight Powell has been able to thieve tens of millions of dollars from the Mavs organization over the years - they both have something on Cuban.
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:11 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Now put Omax on Wallace and see if Cason Wallace continues lighting it up.

Dudley said something the other day about not playing them too much right out of the game. They haven’t really been able to practice with the team until like yesterday, and he said they are not in the proper professional conditioning yet.
Like Reply