Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Summer League | Mavs end off 4-1
Super skinny 7 plus footers tend to have injury issues in the nba, do they not?
Like Reply
(07-07-2023, 08:37 PM)speedkilz88 Wrote: Super skinny 7 plus footers tend to have injury issues in the nba, do they not?

It’s kind of a third rail issue around here. In his specific case, I definitely worry about it though. Just watching him bend at the waist to chase a loose ball earlier seemed super awkward to me.
Like Reply
I’m impressed if his body comes along. He’s too skinny like Giannis was at first.

He’s like Unicorn Porzingis with the handles and passing of a guard.
Like Reply
(07-07-2023, 05:36 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Leonard Miller lit it up. That’s my one regret from the off-season. I expect he’ll be a top 5 player in this draft class.

Someone mentioned he got some minor injury and had to cancel a lot of private workouts with teams which led to his fall. Too bad.
Like Reply
The handles are great, but he’s too far away from the ground. Keeps losing the ball.
Like Reply
Work in progress on offense. Force of nature on defense. Had the same thought when Holmgren was playing yesterday. The combination of length and mobility takes away so many looks that would be open against any other player in the league.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-07-2023, 08:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sorry. He may end up being great (probably will) but I just am not a fan. I wish he was 4-5 inches shorter. I feel like he moves awkwardly and will have a short career.

Fastest overreaction in history, I know. But I’ve seen enough to know I don’t enjoy watching him play.

I'm kinda leaning there with you.

Dude is super agile but there are a lot of little things he doesn't do that gives me pause. He's also getting absolutely bodied by contact.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-07-2023, 08:53 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Force of nature on defense.

Agreed. Right up until he has negotiate a screen. He’s baaaaaad at that.
Like Reply
(07-07-2023, 08:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The handles are great, but he’s too far away from the ground. Keeps losing the ball.

Spurs are overdoing it with the ballhandling stuff. But I guess that´s what summer league is all about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Miller is settling with the 3 too much for my liking, but not bad overall show from him.
Wemby defense looks good, but seems he needs some work adjusting to NBA athletes on offensive end, trying to act as a guard most of the time.
Doris and the other guy only talks about him is annoying tbh
[-] The following 1 user Likes khaled1987's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Wemby looks injury prone. He’s not built like a Giannis. Or Jokic who plays totally different. Or embiid. I would be constantly worried if i was a spurs fan
Like Reply
Speaking about injury-prone players.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...0923927553

Quote:Portland Trail Blazers No. 3 pick Scoot Henderson will undergo an MRI on his right shoulder after sustaining the injury today against the Houston Rockets, league sources tell
@NBAonTNT
@BleacherReport
. There’s optimism it’s not a dislocation.
Like Reply
(07-07-2023, 09:00 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Wemby looks injury prone. He’s not built like a Giannis. Or Jokic who plays totally different. Or embiid. I would be constantly worried if i was a spurs fan

google pics of Giannis when he was drafted
Like Reply
(07-07-2023, 09:01 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Speaking about injury-prone players.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...0923927553

Yeah, both of the big rookies in the previous game sustained injuries. The other one seemed even worse.
Like Reply
I mean at the very least he can be Rudy Gobert that can hit open threes and attack close outs off the dribble.

He’s not a finished product.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
This is the worst game of pro basketball I’ve ever watched.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-07-2023, 09:02 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: google pics of Giannis when he was drafted

I’m not worried about his frame. I’m sure he’ll fill out. I just think he’s too damn tall to actually put those skills to use in the NBA. 

I think 7’1” is about as tall as I’d go if I ran a team, and probably a couple of inches shorter than that for someone I expected to handle the ball above the fee throw line.

(07-07-2023, 09:03 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I mean at the very least he can be Rudy Gobert that can hit open threes and attack close outs off the dribble.

He’s not a finished product.

This is probably fair. Need to dial him way in to get there, though. I think people are expecting him to do as much as/more than Durant.
Like Reply
(07-07-2023, 08:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sorry. He may end up being great (probably will) but I just am not a fan. I wish he was 4-5 inches shorter. I feel like he moves awkwardly and will have a short career.

Fastest overreaction in history, I know. But I’ve seen enough to know I don’t enjoy watching him play.
Right there with you. Something like a Zion career maybe
Like Reply
Wemby reminds me a lot of KP thats way more agile, better defender, and great ball handling.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-07-2023, 09:11 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Wemby reminds me a lot of KP thats way more agile, better defender, and great ball handling.

Maybe that’s why I hate watching him so much.
Like Reply