Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Summer League | Mavs end off 4-1
(07-14-2023, 07:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Feels like this team wants to qualify to play again.

+26 when they need +27 and Dudley pulls the starters. Tank commander Bingham is on the floor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
So I guess we need to listen to the national media complain Dallas benched their starters when the playoffs were in reach. Ha

Seriously, the youngsters proved what they needed to prove. Let’s gets summer started.
Like Reply
I don't think the Mavs wanted to play another game
Like Reply
You can tell the coaching staff was ready for the summer league season to end, lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Of all the games I’ve watched. Omax will get 16-18 mpg immediately. Lively will play some but have a lot of DNP-Gleague. Lawson should stay a 2-way and Moore should replace Wright for one of the others. Miles is good to develop as the 3rd 2-way. Hardy isn’t a THJ replacement immediately, but I think he’ll earn more minutes as the season goes along.

(07-14-2023, 07:08 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Man I know it is summer league and he will need a lot of work but I think we need to seek a higher level comparison for OMAX.  I think he has much higher upside than DFS. 

So if we are being super homerish…how bout Siakam?  Any more super homerish best case scenarios?

KL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 07:53 PM)Smitty Wrote:

KL

Appreciate the compliment, but O-Max is already WAY better than me at basketball.
[-] The following 6 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Jmaciscool, juanc, khaled1987, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Smitty, WillE
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 07:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Appreciate the compliment, but O-Max is already WAY better than me at basketball.

You’re the Kawhi Leonard of this board Wink
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 07:57 PM)Smitty Wrote: You’re the Kawhi Leonard of this board Wink

Awwwww, thanks pal!

I guess that means I miss too much time during the season, but I’ll take it!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 07:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Awwwww, thanks pal!

I guess that means I miss too much time during the season, but I’ll take it!

You’re really good at defending your position…
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Are you guys ready to have the start OMax conversation yet?
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 08:03 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Are you guys ready to have the start OMax conversation yet?

JKidd will shut you down before the conversation can get started.
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 08:03 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Are you guys ready to have the start OMax conversation yet?

Getting closer, but I still think you need Green out there to chase the lead guard around. 

O-Max better play 15-20 minutes, minimum, right out of the gate though.
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 08:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Getting closer, but I still think you need Green out there to chase the lead guard around. 

O-Max better play 15-20 minutes, minimum, right out of the gate though.

OMax is our best defender 1-4 says me
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 08:21 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: OMax is our best defender 1-4 says me

Maybe, maybe not.

But, I’d rather spend his minutes guarding those long guys who we all worry about all the time. 

Maybe not, though. We’ll see.

I’ve never really been the type who gets in a twist over who starts. I think both Green and O-Max are going to be big needle movers this year.
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Omax reminds me of DFS only on D.
Omax offense is on another level compared to DFS.

DFS main offense is his 3 ball shooting, other than that, there's basically nothing else apart from a few straight line drives, cuts and follow-up dunks here and there.
While Omax isn't crossing and breaking ankles, the kid knows when and how to go to the rim on dribble drives. It seems very natural for him to power thru a defender and get off a good looking shot. Omax's movement in O is fluid whereas DFS' was robotic.

Omax to me, seems more than just a 3 and D player.
[-] The following 4 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • DallasMaverick, IamDougieFresh, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
If Josh still isn’t ready to pop that 3 every time he is wide open they shouldn’t hesitate to start Luka - Kyrie - OMax - Williams - whoever the hell out center is going to be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • myconsumerclub
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 09:05 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: If Josh still isn’t ready to pop that 3 every time he is wide open they shouldn’t hesitate to start Luka - Kyrie - OMax - Williams - whoever the hell out center is going to be.

It’s ok to type “Powell” or “Dwight.” You’ll survive, I promise.
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick, IamDougieFresh, juanc, khaled1987, Smitty
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 09:30 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It’s ok to type “Powell” or “Dwight.” You’ll survive, I promise.

You misspelled Holmes
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Alright, wow.

This is the first game I watched where I felt Lively put it all together. Makes me hopeful he's further along than I previously thought. He's still a bit wild. I counted 5 uncalled "fouls" that aren't actually fouls but will 100% be called in the NBA. Has to tone that down. But the amount of times he set a good pick, rolled, established position underneath the basket for a wide open dunk, only for the guard to ignore him, made me believe he can actually play well enough in a system next to Luka that he can get some minutes (and not be a total detriment). His defense was as advertised. He contained multiple guards, and his presence around the rim was swallowing. He altered so many shots. He had that one block at the beginning of the game that made me audibly go "holy shit". He actually hit a turnaround hook that was unfairly called a travel. But he also botched like 5 layups... Still the boxscore kind of underrates his true impact on the game. He was better than the 9pts 8rebs, 2ast 1 blk that was counted.

But I really just want to talk about Omax. Is that bad? Holy shit. The guy is amazing. I've said it before but I'll keep saying it, he is 1000% the real prize of this draft. When I watched the 1st summer league game I went "Jesus he's much bigger than I originally thought." Now after 4 games I'm going, WTF this guy can maybe be someone special in this league.

He actually has an offensive package. The fact he's comfortable to drive to the rim and be under control already puts him miles ahead than all of our former big-wing prospects. He went head to head with Jarace Walker, who was picked 16 spots ahead of him. Offensively he took him down to the post and hit a comfortable looking shot. He took him off the dribble many times and looked great while doing so. His shot is a little inconsistent but all of his misses looked good and the form was sound.

On defense Omax was suffocating. S U F F O C A T I N G. He locked Walker down so many times that he looked afraid to do whatever he normally wants to do. Walker shot 28%. Let that sink in!! 1 for 10 from 3 and Omax was the primary reason. His gravity engulfed the Pacer guards and bothered them so much. I cannot accurately describe the amount of giddiness I had watching Omax play today. He looked like a 2-way lottery talent and potential star. WOW! I know there are a lot of people in the Mavs universe that see DFS in him, and I was one of them early on. I'm now thinking he can potentially be an OG Anunoby starter kit. (saw this on twitter: Jarace Walker welcome to the O-Maximum Security Penitentiary)

As for the other guys, they had their moments but I honestly think none of them have a place in the NBA. The only 2 that really stood out (other than Hardy, Lively, and Omax) were Taze Moore and Lawson. Moore looked like a great hustle guy, but not sure where he fits on this team. Lawson flashed all the things that made him looked attractive for a 2-way spot, but the fact he cannot knock down a corner 3 consistently will always be his downfall. Miles Jr. suffers from that "Isaiah Thomas syndrome" that dirkfansince1998 mentioned. He has talent. Had a lot of impressive drives to the rim. Worth a 2-way but I'm not getting excited over him at all.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • HIMAV, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
[Image: F1DTU5WaMAAYFgI?format=jpg&name=medium]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply