Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Summer League | Mavs end off 4-1
Pretty BS traveling call, imho
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 06:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’m sorry, guys. I know it’s a third rail issue around here, and sure, it’s summer league, and sure, he might not be totally up to speed on day 1 of the season, but Lively looks like a good one to me.

I like that he goes for every shot block. I like how he moves his feet. He has excellent defensive potential. 

But there’s something about him. Maybe he’s just uncoordinated if that’s the right word. Seen so many times he’s the biggest guy under the rim and can’t finish or grab the ball over a 6’8” guy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Fun game. Mavs rookies getting the best of Walker…who supposedly has looked very good this week as well.

Jelly has something to his game. Not sure if it is NBA due to size but he is fun.
Like Reply
You can tell OMAX is going to be a guy players hate playing against. He looks to compete all the time. Plus the length and athleticism. Love how he is going at Walker.
[-] The following 6 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • khaled1987, KillerLeft, Mavs2021, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 06:48 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I like that he goes for every shot block. I like how he moves his feet. He has excellent defensive potential. 

But there’s something about him. Maybe he’s just uncoordinated if that’s the right word. Seen so many times he’s the biggest guy under the rim and can’t finish or grab the ball over a 6’8” guy.

Instincts, timing, reaction time, hands, strength. 17 minutes, not a single defensive rebound for a 7´1 guy with tremendous wingspan. If you told me he´s Jarrett Allen in five years I would not be surprised. If you told me he´s on his 4th team in five years, I would not be surprised either.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost, Smitty
Like Reply
Jared Dudley is extremely likable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Jesus, O-Max just scored on a post up that started from free throw extended.

(07-14-2023, 06:48 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I like that he goes for every shot block. I like how he moves his feet. He has excellent defensive potential. 

I can buy the idea that he needs to improve as a rebounder (though I think he’s one of the best on the Mavs at that already). Then again, rebounding is very low on my priority list.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
LOVED listening to coach miced up!
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • Chicagojk
Like Reply
If Miles and Jelly are on the G-league team, I predict a brawl during the game when one thinks the other is monopolizing the ball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Man, O-Max’s bag on offense is DEEP

(07-14-2023, 07:03 PM)MFFL Wrote: LOVED listening to coach miced up!

I did, too. Felt sorry for him having to do that, though.
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 05:30 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Is it possible that Hardy is being pulled out of SL because he's being shopped in deals and they don't want him injured (or killing his value anymore with his play)?

My son has been listening to a lot of podcasts from other teams - Hardy keeps coming up
Like Reply
Man I know it is summer league and he will need a lot of work but I think we need to seek a higher level comparison for OMAX. I think he has much higher upside than DFS.

So if we are being super homerish…how bout Siakam? Any more super homerish best case scenarios?
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 07:08 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Man I know it is summer league and he will need a lot of work but I think we need to seek a higher level comparison for OMAX.  I think he has much higher upside than DFS. 

So if we are being super homerish…how bout Siakam?  Any more super homerish best case scenarios?

He’s good, that’s for sure.
Like Reply
"The floater is for players who can't shoot"

I guess he forgot Steve Nash
Like Reply
Jelly Walker can shoot you out of a game within a couple of possessions. Can also carry an offense all by himself. Isaiah Thomas syndrom. Irrational confidence in a 5'11 frame.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 07:08 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Man I know it is summer league and he will need a lot of work but I think we need to seek a higher level comparison for OMAX.  I think he has much higher upside than DFS. 

So if we are being super homerish…how bout Siakam?  Any more super homerish best case scenarios?

The way he pushes off to create space I am going with Kawhi Big Grin
Like Reply
Probably an offensive foul, but my goodness, after going left all night O-Max just crossed someone up and basically got to the paint in three steps.
Like Reply
Feels like this team wants to qualify to play again.
Like Reply
The Mavs take out Omax & Lively, the Pacers go on a run. The pair of rookies go back in, the Mavs crush the life out of them
Like Reply
There’s some 7’1” effectiveness for you, Roy
Like Reply