Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Summer League | Mavs end off 4-1
(07-28-2023, 01:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Bigger bodies still have a role in the NBA. Even though it isn´t nearly as important as it used to be. One vet min or rookie dinosaur on the roster for special occasions. Not a contract in the Capela range.

Sure, agree on that. But I think Mavs already have at least one of those. And they thought it was smart to pay him 20 mil for three years Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-28-2023, 01:51 PM)omahen Wrote: Sure, agree on that. But I think Mavs already have at least one of those. And they thought it was smart to pay him 20 mil for three years Smile

I would just keep McGee except for the fact the coach hates playing him and I think he is a very useful player too but I cannot stand letting another team continue to get extra scoring opportunities because Powell cannot secure a rebound worth a damn. If Powell could hit a 3 we could play him some as a stretch PF but no he can't do that either so he is a one trick pony and I want to have someone in there that can actually do more than one thing of value to our team at the 5 which even though some say it is not an important position how come the last MVP of the league played that position.

Also we have to worry about Wemby a bunch now because sooner or later he is going to get going down there in SAN
Like Reply
Actually I wanted Yurtseven the guy that Utah replaced Azabuike with.

I would preferred to pick him up instead but Azabuike and WCS are about all we can get from the crumbs that are left over as we tried to add a real starting center now. Way I see it, we have been getting taken advantage of badly in waiting on TOR and ATL or whoever it is that they are dealing with.

I would really only offer Udoka a one year deal anyway and that is because I want to use a 2nd rounder to snag whoever falls into the 2nd round next year that is a legit big center.

That way we get a usable enforcer type of big for at least 4 seasons on a rookie scale and Zach Edey could be there.

Udoka for one season on a vet min to try and show us he has what it takes that can work or not work and if it does not work you cut him and how much are you going to be out anyway for a one year deal.

It is not like he has a bunch of teams throwing offers at him. He would just be there for certain matchups and to serve as insurance behind Lively who I think could start a lot sooner than all you guys are saying.
[-] The following 1 user Likes myconsumerclub's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply