Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The “Smartest” Guy in the Room: All Things Mark Cuban
We would be better off with Ross Perot Jr. He knew he needed a great basketball mind to run things.
Like Reply
The Cuban special:

Step 1) Make a win now trade
Step 2) Decline to follow it up with another trade to build a contender because first deal was for "long term"
Step 3) Screw yourself out of top 10 pick for short term benefit of 10% shot at play-in
Step 4) Cry to media
[-] The following 2 users Like loki's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, omahen
Like Reply
Step 1) Buy an NBA team
Step 2) Treat the ownership like your fantasy basketball team 
Step 3) Hire sexual predators to make the workplace feel unsafe for female employees 
Step 4) Act like you didn’t know what was happening behind the scenes when everything comes to light
Step 5) I don’t know 
Step 6) Profit

#neverforgetwhohereallyis #cluelessowneronsomanylevels #underpantsgnomeowner
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
I am so dissapointed with Cuban. Before Luka joined Mavs I was more of a casual NBA follower. Always liked Dirk and I thought Dallas is a well run team with an owner willing to do anything to win. My impression after 5 years is, that Cuban is a child (certainly behaves like one), who is playing with a toy he bought for himself. He allows some of his friends to play with it too, but only in a way he allows it. I understand him, it is his toy and he has every right to play with it. If I would be a billionaire able to buy a team for myself, I would also play with it big time. It is just not fun for me watch him play anymore.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • hakeemfaan, LifeAquatic
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD3aGUZDYBM

Heard it´s "Cuban will have another meltdown tonight" material
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(04-07-2023, 11:34 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD3aGUZDYBM

Heard it´s "Cuban will have another meltdown tonight" material

Ah yes.  I watched it all.  They basically said what we all say about Cuban and the Mavs management.  Well...the Mavs mis-management.

I hope Cuban does have a meltdown...

He deserves it.
Like Reply
I had hoped for humility, re-evaluation, and an honest response that they will make sure this never happens again in this disastrous season.

It looks like we will get the opposite. I fully expect half thought out plan that prioritizes a short term fix.

It is a shame.  Playoff Luka has been one of the joys in sports for me.  It looks like we found a Luka stopper…his own franchise.  It is embarrassing enough to have a first team nba player in a wide open west and it is almost certain they cannot make the playin.  It is even worse the arrogant and untruthful statements Cuban has made.  I expect more to come too.  

You would hope they would have a come to Jesus moment as a franchise.  I have no hopes they acknowledge their incompetence. .
[-] The following 5 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BoredAssistant, hakeemfaan, HoosierDaddyKid, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-07-2023, 07:10 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I had hoped for humility, re-evaluation, and an honest response that they will make sure this never happens again in this disastrous season.

It looks like we will get the opposite. I fully expect half thought out plan that prioritizes a short term fix.

It is a shame.  Playoff Luka has been one of the joys in sports for me.  It looks like we found a Luka stopper…his own franchise.  It is embarrassing enough to have a first team nba player in a wide open west and it is almost certain they cannot make the playin.  It is even worse the arrogant and untruthful statements Cuban has made.  I expect more to come too.  

You would hope they would have a come to Jesus moment as a franchise.  I have no hopes they acknowledge their incompetence. .

That moment should have been 2006 when it was obvious he got slapped down for being a pain in Stern's ass.  When he kept his mouth shut and Dirk went into God mode, championship.  He's always shot his mouth off on anything from business to politics, when he should just talk about How to Get Lucky and Become a Billionaire.  It's just become a bigger embarrassment now that he comes across as completely clueless.
Like Reply
(04-08-2023, 09:58 AM)Hooper21 Wrote: When he kept his mouth shut

I don't think it was intentional, but him going to the media did shift 95 % of the attention (and blame) to him. As it should
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply