Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The “Smartest” Guy in the Room: All Things Mark Cuban
With his recent media tour, I figured this moron needed his own thread.

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1643...24800?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Sick
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1643...46113?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA

The Mavs suck because of… *checks notes* … transition take fouls.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-05-2023, 06:32 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1643...46113?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA

That was my exact take in another thread.  It would be like Jerry Jones blaming a disastrous Cowboys' season on the changing of the height of the kickoff tee.
Like Reply
I am legit depressed right now. 

I am going to get a burger and a beer.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • hakeemfaan, SleepingHero
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]

Just do it, before they beat the Kings tonight to secure 11th spot.

...and the saddest part is that Adam Silver is no David Stern. Stern would have had an intervention by now to protect Luka Doncic or maybe Silver is smart enough to know that even if he gave Cuban the #1 pick, he´d just trade it for Myles Turner + Buddy Hield.
Like Reply
(04-05-2023, 06:32 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1643...46113?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA

Kidd is going to be here for a looooong time. lol
Like Reply

He's such a blithering idiot.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
This one is funny

(1) Mavs Film Room ?? on Twitter: "Mavs will be negotiating with Kyrie’s stepmom (who is Kyrie’s agent) in less than 3 months." / Twitter

(1) Mavs Film Room ?? on Twitter: "There is a quote like this for every upcoming the Mavs have ever acquired lol… just get it done" / Twitter
Like Reply
(04-06-2023, 01:44 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: He's such a blithering idiot.

I don´t blame him. He´s an ego-driven moron, who thinks of himself as an American Leonardo da Vinci.

I blame all the Yes people in the Mavs organisation. I blame all the gutless journalists sitting there taking his bald-faced lies or better delusions without any pushback. Most importantly I blame his wife. At some point somebody has to tell him: Will just shut the f*** up honey, you are embarrassing our family.

Maybe Gerson Rosas was that guy, given how long he lasted and how well Cuban takes criticism.
Like Reply
McMahon has some more. Cuban really is funny. First he explains how JB was saying how much he likes it in Dallas and then he left (because of his father). So this next quote related to Irving below gives me huge confidence Smile

"I'd love to have him stay for sure," Cuban said. "I'd love to have him. I want him to stay for sure, and I think we have a good shot. I think he's happy here. He tells me he's happy here, and I get along great with him. 

Mark Cuban - Mavericks didn't get shot at re-signing Jalen Brunson (espn.com)
Like Reply
They will miss the playins and giftwrap NY the best pick possible. It’s absolute madness how the NY Knicks took advantage of our incompetence at the head of the organization. 

Winning that game against SAC will most likely haunt us for years. They were giftwrapped an easy way out of the mess they build over the last years but even managed to screw that up. It’s actually impressive how crappy this organization is run. 

Just like in the last years of Dirk‘s careers it’s all about maximizing mediocrity and nobody gives a damn about building a contender.
Like Reply
(04-06-2023, 05:18 AM)omahen Wrote: McMahon has some more. Cuban really is funny. First he explains how JB was saying how much he likes it in Dallas and then he left (because of his father). So this next quote related to Irving below gives me huge confidence Smile

"I'd love to have him stay for sure," Cuban said. "I'd love to have him. I want him to stay for sure, and I think we have a good shot. I think he's happy here. He tells me he's happy here, and I get along great with him. 

Mark Cuban - Mavericks didn't get shot at re-signing Jalen Brunson (espn.com)

I´m so happy and sad that Tim McMahon is the best Cuban troll we have. When Cuban started his whole Daddy Brunson rant, he should have set him up for the kill. Talk about emotional aspects and family members getting involved in business decisions blah blah. Then slowly switch the conversation to Kyrie Irving, extension talks and then finish Cuban by pointing out that Kyrie´s stepmother is his agent. Big Grin
Like Reply
Cuban is just making a bad thing worse. If you want to not lose Luka and Kyrie because they are upset that you don’t take care of your own, have a private meeting with them and tell them your side wrt the Brunson fiasco.  Also tell them a player even if they leave is like family and hence they don’t want to air anything wrt Brunson Sr in public. 

Going to the media and basically blaming Rick for everything does nothing good.  Focus on the things you can change such as scouting and coaching.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • F Gump, Not an evil robot
Like Reply
Also what is the common theme with both Brunson and Nash?  Neither really gave the team a chance to match. The reason is obvious. 

It’s not that Nash or Brunson are selfish players who wanted to be the face of a franchise.   Both of them when they were here were constantly reminded how the Mavs could do better. Even one of the reasons being floated around to not giving Brunson a bigger contract earlier is that the Mavs were afraid they wouldn’t be able to move him 

Sure now that Cuban realizes what he lost he is saying we would have done whatever it took if they had got an opportunity. The sad thing is this is a professional owner and front office who doesn’t recognize market value wrt ability. Always in search of a big name and lose out on folks. I and many others wrote the day he left that even $25m was not an overpay.  Worst case it could absolutely be moved.  I and others wrote this without even accounting for Brunson’s growth this year. Even what he just brought to the table last year is worth paying $25m for when you look at some other contracts around the league.  

They throw around 7m here, 10m there for guys like Javale and Powell and then go into paralysis ny analysis mode when salary reaches $20m range.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
Hey Cuban, what about Wood? Do you want him to stay too?    Big Grin
Like Reply
Somewhere that Kammrath guy is probably confused by these tweets.  His boy Nico is clearly the GM and Mark Cuban is totally a normal owner who gets last say because he signs the checks.

edit: I had nothing personal against the guy.  But he'd make ridiculous statements like above and then claim people were personally attacking him and being negative on the internet.
[-] The following 3 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • F Gump, hakeemfaan, Not an evil robot
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/i/status/1643752023903596544

Called Perkins the best player on the floor for the other team.  Classy.
Like Reply
(04-06-2023, 03:35 PM)cow Wrote: https://twitter.com/i/status/1643752023903596544

Called Perkins the best player on the floor for the other time.  Classy.
A 64 year old man folks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
Dude just sounds DUMBBBB. Like his coach. Insecure, cocky and dumb. What a combo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply