Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Game 77: DAL (37-39) @ PHL (49-26)
(03-29-2023, 09:11 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I’d say no one’s dying, but then I see what Cuban and Kidd have done to this once great board, and I’m not so sure

This board needs a top 10 pick to have something positive to talk about.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, chaparral
Like Reply
This team has let us down this season starting from the very first game. It's crazy how we are still dealing with the same issues and never found a solution. Losses are gonna happen but the way they keep finding ways to lose is just heartbreaking.

Maybe Luka is also due for a "bad" season. And we're witnessing it.
Like Reply
Team Tank Fans - CHI just lost to the Fakers.
Like Reply
(03-29-2023, 09:17 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: That was one sided officiating. The Mavs need to shut Luka down with a wrist injury. Hopefully the refs call games Mavs games straight next year after punishing them this season so consistently.

The officiating looked fair to me. In fact, the fouls were even with both teams at 20. They ran outta gas and lost to a better team.
Like Reply
(03-29-2023, 09:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: On a positive note. For my fellow MFFL on team tank. Jazz up 9 against the Spurs with 50s left in the game. Thunder up 3 against the Pistons with 3:30 left in the game.
Lakers beat the Bulls. Not perfect but basically eliminates the Mavs chances to overtake them.

Utah wins and OKC just pulled off a last second tip-in to win. Pretty good day overall.
Like Reply
we either blew it or tanked it in the fourth. we got the L we desired and that matters the most. good news okc and utah both won it seems we only have chicago to beat en route to clinching our pick.
Like Reply
This has become such a positive board:  If we win, we keep playoff hopes alive.  If we lose, we stay in the running for a top ten pick in this year's draft.  Isn't that the classic "Win-Win?"
[-] The following 1 user Likes WildArkieBoy's post:
  • LifeAquatic
Like Reply
(03-29-2023, 11:33 PM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: This has become such a positive board:  If we win, we keep playoff hopes alive.  If we lose, we stay in the running for a top ten pick in this year's draft.  Isn't that the classic "Win-Win?"

Unfortunately the Mavs are smack dab on top of the perfect lose-lose outcome, with very few games left to change anything. Perfectly inept. 

They are sitting in 11th, which is not only out of the playoffs, but out of the play-in too. The possibility of moving higher? Really low. They aren't good.

But where they sit now, they are also 11th in the draft order, which means the pick goes to NY. The possibility of tanking to a top-10 pick? Possible (but not a given, even if they lose the rest). And they seem to be determined to win when they can, even though a single added win is probably enough to make 10th pick out of reach.
Like Reply
(03-30-2023, 02:03 AM)F Gump Wrote: Unfortunately the Mavs are smack dab on top of the perfect lose-lose outcome, with very few games left to change anything. Perfectly inept. 

They are sitting in 11th, which is not only out of the playoffs, but out of the play-in too. The possibility of moving higher? Really low. They aren't good.

But where they sit now, they are also 11th in the draft order, which means the pick goes to NY. The possibility of tanking to a top-10 pick? Possible (but not a given, even if they lose the rest). And they seem to be determined to win when they can, even though a single added win is probably enough to make 10th pick out of reach.

If the Mavs lose both games this weekend I'm hopeful they will waive the white flag. Looking at likely outcomes of the other matchups, they could be 2.5 games out of 10th with only 3 left to play. They would technically not be eliminated, but it might be far enough back that it forces their hand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(03-30-2023, 06:59 AM)loki Wrote: If the Mavs lose both games this weekend I'm hopeful they will waive the white flag. Looking at likely outcomes of the other matchups, they could be 2.5 games out of 10th with only 3 left to play. They would technically not be eliminated, but it might be far enough back that it forces their hand.

If they’d be proactive and realistic about the draft pick / playin situation for once the organization would be much better off longterm but here we are again hoping that they come to their senses in time. 

I am not surprised one bit as we’ve seen them handle these type of situations similarly for a decade, but it remains incredibly unnecessary. It’s always about how good can we be this season, never about how can we build a contender. 

Also absolutely nothing has changed on that front under the new GM. It’s still all about Cuban’s shortsightedness / lack of patience. The other guys are just yesmen.
[-] The following 3 users Like JamesConway912's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, F Gump, Mavs2021
Like Reply