Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Game 77: DAL (37-39) @ PHL (49-26)
Looking for a game thread - so I thought I would start one.

At the end of the 3rd Q.  Mavs are up by 2 pts.  DAL 91 to PHL 89.

Game has been going back and forth all night.  Luka and Kyrie both have 19pts though 3 Q's.

Mavs start the 4th Q w/ Kyrie, Green, THJ, Bullock and Wood.
[-] The following 3 users Like chaparral's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
8:09 left in the game Mavs first to 100 so they say.

DAL 101 to PHL 98.
Like Reply
First half was one of the better defensive performances this season. Actually managed to protect the paint. Even if it lead to a lot of FTs and open 3s for Philly.
Brutal game for Wood fans. Eaten alife in the few minutes he played. Defense collapsed as soon as he entered the floor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • chaparral
Like Reply
Mavs time out w/6:13 left in the game.

DAL 103 to PHL 105.
Like Reply
Philly for 3 and a 5 pt lead.

4:00 left in the game DAL 105 to PHL 110.
Like Reply
Mavs not giving up but a THJ foul puts Philly on the line w/3:35 left.

DAL 105 to PHL 110.

Luka long 3.
Like Reply
Ran out of steam. Philly can pick the preferable matchup. They have four high level iso scorers on the floor. Mavs simply don´t have the scheme or personal to defend an offense like this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • chaparral
Like Reply
1:05 left DAL 108 to PHL 115.
Like Reply
35.7 sec left DAL 108 to PHL 116.
Like Reply
I’d say no one’s dying, but then I see what Cuban and Kidd have done to this once great board, and I’m not so sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • chaparral
Like Reply
Good loss. Sixers didn't even look like they were trying very hard and still won.
Like Reply
Philly holds the ball to run out the clock.

DAL 108 to PHL 116.
Like Reply
On a positive note. For my fellow MFFL on team tank. Jazz up 9 against the Spurs with 50s left in the game. Thunder up 3 against the Pistons with 3:30 left in the game.
Lakers beat the Bulls. Not perfect but basically eliminates the Mavs chances to overtake them.
Like Reply
Pretty wild homerism by the refs in the last 6 minutes of the 4Q.
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
Guys I think this team might suck
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Mavs end the game shooting 45.8 / 39.1 / 77.8 % for the gams.

Luka had 24pts, Kyrie 23pts and THJ 21pts.

Mavs drop to 37 and 40.
Like Reply
Luka's last possession sums up our season nicely.
Like Reply
That was one sided officiating. The Mavs need to shut Luka down with a wrist injury. Hopefully the refs call games Mavs games straight next year after punishing them this season so consistently.
Like Reply
(03-29-2023, 09:11 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I’d say no one’s dying, but then I see what Cuban and Kidd have done to this once great board, and I’m not so sure.

Totally agree with this post.
Like Reply
(03-29-2023, 09:12 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Good loss. Sixers didn't even look like they were trying very hard and still won.

At this point of the season, there is no such thing as a good loss. Especially when you're fighting to get in the playoffs. But to your point, they did play well, until they ran out of juice. Philly is just a superior team.
Like Reply