Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 NBA HOF Class
In the midst of all the doom and gloom this season, Dirk gets the first ballot induction that we all knew would happen.  

Pau Gasol, Tony Parker, Becky Hammon, Gregg Popovich are also in this year’s group.  And, D-wade Dodgy .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hooper21's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1642...20000?s=20
Like Reply
Good guys don't always finish last and sometimes finish first.  Dirk is the greatest athlete of my lifetime.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • WillE
Like Reply
(04-01-2023, 03:17 PM)cow Wrote: Good guys don't always finish last and sometimes finish first.  Dirk is the greatest athlete of my lifetime.

Dirk is not the greatest athlete of my lifetime, but he is my favorite athlete of all time and the most humble athlete I’ve ever seen.  I had no idea how much I would miss him until I witnessed the immaturity of Luka. Luka still has a chance to make up for it, but I’m not sure  he’ll be around here long enough to experience it.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 2 users Like OBX Maverick's post:
  • BigDirk41, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply
(04-01-2023, 09:36 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: Dirk is not the greatest athlete of my lifetime, but he is my favorite athlete of all time and the most humble athlete I’ve ever seen.  I had no idea how much I would miss him until I witnessed the immaturity of Luka. Luka still has a chance to make up for it, but I’m not sure  he’ll be around here long enough to experience it.

I guess I take into account the man as part of the makeup of the athlete.
Like Reply
(04-01-2023, 09:36 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: Dirk is not the greatest athlete of my lifetime, but he is my favorite athlete of all time and the most humble athlete I’ve ever seen.  I had no idea how much I would miss him until I witnessed the immaturity of Luka. Luka still has a chance to make up for it, but I’m not sure  he’ll be around here long enough to experience it.

I agree. He's not the greatest athlete, far from it.  but he was one of his era's most humble, team-oriented players. Class act for sure.
Like Reply