Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 74: DAL (36-37) vs. CHA (23-51)
Your reminder than Cuban is paying $52 million in luxury tax for this trash lolol
Like Reply
(03-24-2023, 10:26 PM)Jym Wrote: Your reminder than Cuban is paying $52 million in luxury tax for this trash lolol

I think we should question the authority. Confused
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(03-24-2023, 10:38 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I think we should question the authority. Confused

can't fire himself but hopefully Kidd is kicked to the curb at least
Like Reply
More "fun" facts. If the Hornets win the next game too, both teams have virtually the same record in 2023. Dodgy
Like Reply
Mavs were trying to win against a team that is trying to lose and missing their best players. They failed. Question the authority
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(03-24-2023, 10:54 PM)omahen Wrote: Mavs were trying to win against a team that is trying to lose and missing their best players. They failed. Question the authority

Charlotte is not trying to lose. They go 8-0 they are still in the same place. They go 0-8 they are still in the same place. They can just ball from here. Not that that makes it any better.
Like Reply
Losing to one of the worst teams in the league on a B2B on your home court in a desperation game in such a gutless fashion makes this game the worst regular season loss in franchise history. They can’t even beat a dog ? team on a scheduled win. I’m glad Cuban is pissing away so much money. He deserves it and what’s coming next. How can he not see what nearly everyone sees. This coaching staff is a disaster that lacks any gravitas at all.
Like Reply
team is tanking tbh. we're just 1 game away from having the worst 9 records in the league, and if we finish the season in the bottom 9 we would have a good chance to get back our 23' pick that is top 10 protected, assuming no more than one team outside the bottom 10 wins a 1-4 pick in the lottery.
Like Reply
With all the Mavs suck....PJ Washington and Hayward were really good.    They probably resign PJ right?   It would be the smart move unless they get blown away on a trade.    Hayward is going to be an interesting name to see if a contender bites the bullet.   He can't stay healthy, but he looked good last night.    I wonder if some team gambles that he will be healthy.    I would assume Charlotte would be fine moving him this offseason.
Like Reply
(03-25-2023, 06:42 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: With all the Mavs suck....PJ Washington and Hayward were really good.    They probably resign PJ right?   It would be the smart move unless they get blown away on a trade.    Hayward is going to be an interesting name to see if a contender bites the bullet.   He can't stay healthy, but he looked good last night.    I wonder if some team gambles that he will be healthy.    I would assume Charlotte would be fine moving him this offseason.

The Mavs should have been the team the moment they traded for Kyrie. Hayward/McDaniels for THJ/Powell expiring. Something like that. Get Saric from the Suns. Those two moves would have cost virtually nothing.
Like Reply
(03-25-2023, 02:20 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Losing to one of the worst teams in the league on a B2B on your home court in a desperation game in such a gutless fashion makes this game the worst regular season loss in franchise history. They can’t even beat a dog ? team on a scheduled win. I’m glad Cuban is pissing away so much money. He deserves it and what’s coming next. How can he not see what nearly everyone sees. This coaching staff is a disaster that lacks any gravitas at all.

Now they go on the road to Charlotte, Indiana, Philadelphia, and Miami. Then back home to face the Kings.  A daunting schedule despite the Hornets and Pacers having poor records. This trip will decide their season.
Like Reply
I have no idea what to root for today.  LOL.   So, I think I may skip this game today.

Anxious to get another look at DSJ.   There is a strong case the Mavs were right on Dragic.  He may have provided a short burst to begin the year but he was running on fumes as the year went on.    But DSJ was a mistake.  He was begging for a job.  Mavs had an open roster spot and a clear need (even if they thought otherwise).   DSJ could have been a low cost gamble on a reclamation project.   The other night was the first time I saw him this year in a game, but he appeared controlled for most of the night.    It will be curious if he is a minimum contract again or if he has proven himself where he gets 5 or so million from a team.   

It was just unfathomable then and now, that the Mavs didn't think they needed a third creator to start the season.   Even more crazy how they stated their objectives heading into FA and found a way not to do any of them.
Like Reply