Poll: How many game winners will Maxi hit this game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
100.00%
4 100.00%
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GAME 72: DAL (36-36) vs. MEM (44-27) | 108-112 loss
As this game comes to a close with the game thread not even a page long, it’s sad how much apathy this team has brought to our board, myself included.
[-] The following 4 users Like DrMav's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, rocky164, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
This game should tell you all you need to know about Kidd being a "championship" caliber coach. He is awful. You play for Kidd, you automatically play for one of the worst offenses in the league. If I'm any free agent, I'm avoiding playing for him because you won't get good stats in this system and you might even have to go through his mind games
Like Reply
T-Wolves beat the Knicks at MSG in OT despite 57 pts by Randall, and GS stopped a 11 game road losing streak at Houston. The 6-10 spot is a dog fight. Grizz are 30-5 at home, best in the NBA.
Like Reply
Mavs got physically brutalized tonight.  Hope they have something in the tank. Wednesday is basically as important as a playoff game.
Like Reply
I actually turned the tv off when they had a 16 point lead. I didn't want to witness another meltdown. Thats how predictable they are.
Like Reply
(03-20-2023, 09:25 PM)DrMav Wrote: As this game comes to a close with the game thread not even a page long, it’s sad how much apathy this team has brought to our board, myself included.

That’s on Cuban, Kidd, and a little on Nico.  Kidd has only in the past three games started to coach like he even cares about the win or loss. Not that he’s done a good job even then, but he’s at least trying now.
Like Reply
(03-20-2023, 09:31 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: That’s on Cuban, Kidd, and a little on Nico.  Kidd has only in the past three games started to coach like he even cares about the win or loss. Not that he’s done a good job even then, but he’s at least trying now.

Didn't seem like he cared to me. Standing on the sideline with his hands in his pockets. He didn't even try to stop Memphis run by calling a TO. He let them play through it until he absolutely had to. RC wouldn't have that.
Like Reply
Memphis when fully healthy are great but they're handicapped without Ja. we had the chance to win but we blew it again in the fourth, which we have no excuse for. cant blame luka even if he demands a trade in summer. dude still has multiple years on book so the return would be quite good, 5 first rounders + 2 allstar level players at least.
Like Reply
kidd as the coach reminds me of avery in the mid 2000s. he had some successes with us, 07 regular season championship and 06 nba championship that got stolen away due to bullshit whistling. that said, avery ain't a champion caliber coach and we only made the finals in 06 because we had the best dirk. avery got exposed the next year and he got sacked right away. hope the FO make the right decision on kidd after this frustrating season, no matter if we make the playoffs.
Like Reply
Kidd should have left Hardy in the game.  He was the only one that was making shots in the 4th.

No one else scored...
Like Reply
(03-20-2023, 09:55 PM)chaparral Wrote: Kidd should have left Hardy in the game.  He was the only one that was making shots in the 4th.

No one else scored...

Hardy got cold just like Kyrie. They both missed shots. Wood carried them for a few plays, but THJ and Bullock were M.I.A.

I guess Luka is back Wednesday when GS comes in after snapping their 11 game road losing streak.
Like Reply
If Kyrie doesn't sign then Kidd will be done. The only reason they hired him was because his name could appeal to some free agents who still think it's cool to play for him. He's actually not a good coach for Luka either

The bad part is that it's too late to make coaching changes after free agency so he'd have to be an in-season firing at the earliest. It's very much the same as what the Hawks went through with Nate McMillan
Like Reply
(03-20-2023, 10:01 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: If Kyrie doesn't sign then Kidd will be done. The only reason they hired him was because his name could appeal to some free agents who still think it's cool to play for him. He's actually not a good coach for Luka either

The bad part is that it's too late to make coaching changes after free agency so he'd have to be an in-season firing at the earliest. It's very much the same as what the Hawks went through with Nate McMillan

Kidd and Nico were a packaged deal.  So, if Kyrie doesn't sign, they both need to go.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...77344?s=20

^And when you don't call timeouts to stop a run and get organized, you're also showing your players that they can't trust you either!
Like Reply
This was a bad loss. 

Blowing a lead like that is just coaching criminality.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-20-2023, 09:50 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: kidd as the coach reminds me of avery in the mid 2000s. he had some successes with us, 07 regular season championship and 06 nba championship that got stolen away due to bullshit whistling. that said, avery ain't a champion caliber coach and we only made the finals in 06 because we had the best dirk. avery got exposed the next year and he got sacked right away. hope the FO make the right decision on kidd after this frustrating season, no matter if we make the playoffs.
Kidd is far worse than Avery at this point. It was Avery's first coaching job, and he actually lasted several seasons before wearing out his welcome. Kidd had one good season, immediately ran off the assistants because he was scared of them replacing him, and destroyed the chemistry almost immediately.
Like Reply
(03-20-2023, 10:36 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...77344?s=20

^And when you don't call timeouts to stop a run and get organized, you're also showing your players that they can't trust you either!

the players have got to just start taking timeouts in those situations
Like Reply
(03-20-2023, 10:36 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...77344?s=20

What an absolute moron
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • SwisherPrice
Like Reply
After first half I thought to myself - Mavs have a lead but it is not looking good. Defense is crap and they can't secure the rebound. Hot Mavs shooting and bad Memphis shooting is what is keeping them in front. 

Third period was great and I thought to myself - Mavs are really playing well now. But then the 4th quarter meltdown happened. All in all, just another confirmation how terribly limited this team is. Powell, Kleber and Bullock offer basically nothing on offense unless wide open looks are generated for them and they are not great defenders also.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-21-2023, 02:04 AM)omahen Wrote: After first half I thought to myself - Mavs have a lead but it is not looking good. Defense is crap and they can't secure the rebound. Hot Mavs shooting and bad Memphis shooting is what is keeping them in front. 

Third period was great and I thought to myself - Mavs are really playing well now. But then the 4th quarter meltdown happened. All in all, just another confirmation how terribly limited this team is. Powell, Kleber and Bullock offer basically nothing on offense unless wide open looks are generated for them and they are not great defenders also.

It's eerie how similar my thought progression was to yours throughout the game. This team hits the most incredible cold stretches I've seen. Bullock is either an 80% 3pt shooter or 20%. Powell and Kleber are just not full time centers.

I was listening to a Bill Simmons podcast, and on it he was talking about how the NBA has had a quiet big man revolution. Almost all the good teams are big, and are filled with skilled centers. 

In fact they went through and pinpointed at least 20 teams with good centers. And by good they didn't mean everyone had to be All-NBA, but skilled and elite at their position. MIL for example, they have Giannis (who is a big man that is a freak), and then Brook Lopez and Bobby Portis. 2 really solid above average skilled guys.

CLE has Allen and Mobley. 

Mavs I think are dead last in the NBA in terms of big man talent. I think only the Rockets and maybe the Spurs are worse but even then they got guys like Collins, or Sengun. It's such a glaring hole and it hurts to watch this team get destroyed on the boards night after night.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply