Poll: How many game winners will Maxi hit this game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
100.00%
4 100.00%
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GAME 72: DAL (36-36) vs. MEM (44-27) | 108-112 loss
Hardaway was questionable due to a non covid injury so you can't really knock him for being pretty invisible out there last night.  But it is becoming more and more apparent, Hardy is going to need those minutes next year.  We will need to live with the expected highs and lows of a young player gaining experience. The question is how do you build the rest of the roster on 3 heavy offensive creators who are less than average defenders in Luka, Kyrie (if resigned) and Hardy.    It is tricky.   

I really dislike Dillon Brooks and really think he may have a screw loose.  But Dallas needs a wing defender that is willing to take the best offensive player on each game and will be a player stars hate playing against.   The Memphis announcers made a good point last night.  It is a really tough role, because the players are so talented you still might give up 40 to a great player.  But you need someone to try to make their life difficult.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(03-21-2023, 02:04 AM)omahen Wrote: After first half I thought to myself - Mavs have a lead but it is not looking good. Defense is crap and they can't secure the rebound. Hot Mavs shooting and bad Memphis shooting is what is keeping them in front. 

Third period was great and I thought to myself - Mavs are really playing well now. But then the 4th quarter meltdown happened. All in all, just another confirmation how terribly limited this team is. Powell, Kleber and Bullock offer basically nothing on offense unless wide open looks are generated for them and they are not great defenders also.

Maxi is important and a solid rotation player.  My thought process has been  we are too dependent on him.   I would love to upgrade the roster where he is pushed back to a 8th man type and in time we have people in house who could replace him in a few years if we needed to move on.  Same thing with Bullock.   Best suited as a 8th man.   I guess you could be fine with him as your fifth starter, but he is much better suited as a heavy bench player.   Powell is what he is.   I think the role Tillman plays would be best for Powell.  Third center but able to fill in when needed.     

How can Dallas fill in those remaining gaps will tell us how creative and competent this front office is.  Say what you want about Morey in Philly but he typically finds a way to get players who fit what he wants to do.
Like Reply
This loss stings - but was expected and predictable. The bad part from last night was Kyrie tweaking his ankle and now he'll surely miss the next 3-4 games... because we know he doesn't play anyone except the Lakers unless he feels 100%.

Sigh
Like Reply
(03-21-2023, 07:23 AM)Smitty Wrote: This loss stings - but was expected and predictable. The bad part from last night was Kyrie tweaking his ankle and now he'll surely miss the next 3-4 games... because we know he doesn't play anyone except the Lakers unless he feels 100%.

Sigh

He'll play tomorrow vs GS. He relishes going against Steph.
Like Reply