Poll: Who should start?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dwight
8.33%
1 8.33%
Wood
25.00%
3 25.00%
Maxi + Wood
66.67%
8 66.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 69 (nice): DAL (34-35) vs. MEM (41-26) | 88-104 loss
(03-13-2023, 09:28 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: best thing I see from this game is the FO finally realized it is better to tank this season and get revamped for next rather than fight for a play-in spot and get punched at the hands of wolves or lakers. continue the good job and we will get our pick back probably.

I would be shocked if that is the case.  If Luka is healthy, he will play out the end of the year.   He isn't going to be a guy who is at the end of the long season and then just say ok I am done here.  He still believes he can win no matter what the odds are.    The question is...is he healthy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 09:36 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I would be shocked if that is the case.  If Luka is healthy, he will play out the end of the year.   He isn't going to be a guy who is at the end of the long season and then just say ok I am done here.  He still believes he can win no matter what the odds are.    The question is...is he healthy.

Isn't that as easy as having the team doctor not clearing him to play? Seems like a Cuban thing to do.
Like Reply
luka has been overused this season and that is a main reason why he gets hurt often lately. luka needs more resting time and better teammates and perhaps a better coach as well before he can make a serious push for a major honor imho.
Like Reply
I think there is merit in coasting Luka the rest of the season. 

Of course if Luka is playing, he's going to win games 100%. He'll try his best to win too as he should.

But I hope the Mavs play his thigh injury very conservatively. Hopefully they re-evaluate him in 2 weeks vs. day to day. Rest him up. Hopefully Kyrie gets the memo and doesn't want to jump ship.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 09:28 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: continue the good job and we will get our pick back probably

We will not get our pick back. Pick will go to NY. The only question is, which year
Like Reply
if we become a legit contender with the core of luka, kyrie (re-signed hopefully) and someone like jarace walker that we select with our top10 pick (returned from NY), our 1st rounders ain't gonna be much more valuable than 2nd rounders for years to come imho.
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 09:49 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: luka has been overused this season and that is a main reason why he gets hurt often lately. luka needs more resting time and better teammates and perhaps a better coach as well before he can make a serious push for a major honor imho.

The deck never loose. He throughs himself to the floor too much for nothing.
Like Reply
I was listening to Tim Cato's podcast this afternoon and he was saying how much he liked how Memphis has built their roster.   He made one comment that in the 2020 draft, Memphis traded to the 30th pick (Bane) and Dallas had 31st.  Memphis also had the 35th pick (Tillman) and Dallas had the 36th pick.  Cato said Dallas would not have picked either if Memphis didn't pick them.  That is a wow.   Now, I liked Terry too at the draft.  I didn't get the fascination of Tyler Bey though and really like Tillman.   Tillman may only be a reserve player, but those two picks by both teams tells you a lot about both franchises...even if Dallas now has a new front office.
Like Reply