Poll: Who should start?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dwight
8.33%
1 8.33%
Wood
25.00%
3 25.00%
Maxi + Wood
66.67%
8 66.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 69 (nice): DAL (34-35) vs. MEM (41-26) | 88-104 loss
This is the way. The last card left to play. Full on tank. It’s hard to believe that a team with Kyrie and Luka would choose to tank though, so I’m still going to have to see it to believe it.  What an organizational failure to be at this point.
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 06:20 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: This is the way. The last card left to play. Full on tank. It’s hard to believe that a team with Kyrie and Luka would choose to tank though, so I’m still going to have to see it to believe it.  What an organizational failure to be at this point.

Tank is easily the card to play.

Say we keep our pick at 8th (don´t move up), I´m pretty sure you could acquire a package of roughly the value of Myles Turner + 26th pick in this draft, maybe a lot more, if one or two teams are in love with one of these young picks with All-Star projections. Take the BPA at #26.

Send an unprotected 1st and Bertans to the Hawks for Collins.

Sign McDaniels for the MLE.

Doncic/26th pick
Irving/Hardy
Green/THJ
Collins/McDaniels
Turner/Kleber

That´s a team that could challenge for a title, if Luka gets his ass in shape and Kyrie stays sane.
Like Reply
Back on topic: Is this the first big national televised game for Green as the top option? In other words, is it a matter of deferring to better players or also a matter of the occasion getting to Green? Have no doubt Hardy will  embrace this stage.
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 06:20 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: This is the way. The last card left to play. Full on tank. It’s hard to believe that a team with Kyrie and Luka would choose to tank though, so I’m still going to have to see it to believe it.  What an organizational failure to be at this point.

Me too… Won‘t believe it until I see it. I still believe we‘re going to make a push for this last stretch. But what do I know, so many things that didn’t make sense this season, starting with the defense turning from good to crap with the same players. 

I hope that we have an agreement with Kyrie, losing Wood one year after Brunson for free is enough - championship caliber teams never lose assets like this.
Like Reply
Tillman 35th pick, sandwiched between Terry and Bey.  Undecided
Like Reply
I can´t lie. I enjoy these non Luka/Kyrie games more than the depressing grind&complain style. Just let Hardy/Green ball for the next five games and if we go 0-5 we tank, if they go 3-2, we compete for the play-offs. It´s a win&win.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • LifeAquatic, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Maxi does not look 100% ready either. Can barely get off the floor.
Like Reply
Hardy is feeling it right now
Like Reply
Is Green injured? Huh
Like Reply
Between Doncic, Irving, THJ. Bullock and the progress of Green&Hardy, we just need one elite 3&D SG&SF talent and our future PG - SF rotation will be able to compete with any other team in the league. Then it becomes a matter of finding five to six PF/Cs that can actually stay on the floor in this league. Cry
Like Reply
Wright some good minutes.  Again, shouldn’t he be on the roster if we make the playoffs as a third point guard.

Nice minutes by Green and Hardy.  They are going to wear Hardy out so someone will need to step up.  Fun half though.

Tyus JOnes is really good.  I wanted the Mavs to draft him in that draft.  Remind me, did Memphis take a few second round picks for Devon Wright and then went out and signed Jones?  Always have to look for the sucker.
Like Reply
Respect to Maxi for returing quickly, but he looks so far off. -7 in eight minutes. 1 pt, 2 (off) rebs and can´t challenge any shots, cause he has no vertical lift or lateral speed at the moment. Undecided
Like Reply
Well look at that. A halftime lead. Hardy cooled off but they got a nice boost from Wright to end the 2nd.
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 07:43 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Tyus JOnes is really good.  I wanted the Mavs to draft him in that draft.  Remind me, did Memphis take a few second round picks for Devon Wright and then went out and signed Jones?  Always have to look for the sucker.

Yeah. We paid a total of two plus two 2nd round picks for one year of Delon Wright. Jones was signed as his replacement and is still there. I called it the moment it happened. All the advanced stats were there for Tyus Jones in Minnesota to see he was a baller.
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 07:45 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Yeah. We paid a total of two plus two 2nd round picks for one year of Delon Wright. Jones was signed as his replacement and is still there. I called it the moment it happened. All the advanced stats were there for Tyus Jones in Minnesota to see he was a baller.

I am actually afraid to see what Memphis did with those picks
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 07:03 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Maxi does not look 100% ready either. Can barely get off the floor.

He's coming off a torn hammy. He's not going to be 100% the rest of the year.

(03-13-2023, 07:45 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Yeah. We paid a total of two plus two 2nd round picks for one year of Delon Wright. Jones was signed as his replacement and is still there. I called it the moment it happened. All the advanced stats were there for Tyus Jones in Minnesota to see he was a baller.

He's the best backup PG in the league. Hardly ever turns the ball over, shoots the ball well, and makes good decisions on the court.
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 07:43 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Respect to Maxi for returing quickly, but he looks so far off. -7 in eight minutes. 1 pt, 2 (off) rebs and can´t challenge any shots, cause he has no vertical lift or lateral speed at the moment. Undecided

We are not fair to Maxi as a whole.  He should be viewed as a high functional role player.  At times he can be excellent.  With how our roster is built, we really put too many expectations on him.  We really need to find more guys who can provide what he does so he can be a nice to have and not someone who we are depending on.  If that makes sense.

McGee needs to be off this team next year.  I am sure he is a good guy and I am not sure why it bothers me so much.  But for him to not even sniff the court with us being short handed says a lot.  I don’t want to hear how he is really getting it when next season starts. It will be really hard to move him but he can’t take up a spot next year.  Especially as I want 1-2 more younger players added.
Like Reply
Dwight jumpers. Most advanced tank technology in world history.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Hardy has cooled off big time. Still chucking though.
Like Reply
Kidd's halftime adjustment: get Powell more involved on offense
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply