Poll: How many rebounds do the Mavs as a team get tonight? O/U 39.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
33.33%
1 33.33%
Under
66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 67: DAL (34-33) vs. NOP (32-34) | 106-112 loss
Pinson in over Hardy?  Kidd is a stubborn guy. I’ve never seen a coach double down so much on failure. He’ll stick with a losing strategy until the end just to prove a point, to no one but himself.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(03-08-2023, 08:47 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: There’s so many little things that just make no sense.  It’s not that they’re huge swingers on their own merit but it’s a symptom of what a watcher Kidd actually is. 

Things like Bertans playing 5 minutes and they don’t manage to run a single off ball action to get a sniper a shot.  Things like having Frank initiate offense because he has the “mismatch” of the big guarding him…there’s a REASON that’s the matchup they’re using.

This roster is gross…Kidd makes it grosserer!

Kidd is the main problem with this team (Cuban is too but that's already a given).

A lot of things WILL change if the Mavs hire a competent coach.

If Kidd doesn't get the boot by the start of next season, this team will waste whatever years Luka has as a Mav.
And for those saying, if Kidd leaves, he'd take Kyrie with him -- that's a very real possibility, but even if the Mavs retain Kyrie and then add a guy like Siakam, it still wouldn't matter as long as the coach is as incompetent as Kidd.
Like Reply
It probably won’t get close but Hardy with a real nice pass to Wood for a three and then a thunder dunk.  He couldn’t do either of those when season started.  Maybe the dunk but the explosion looks better.

I don’t care if he may hurt the team at times.  Give him some minutes.  Some of the guys playing in front of him have no future here.  Maybe he surprises.  Give him 10 minutes a night.
Like Reply
CJ get on him. 11 straight pts.
Like Reply
Just going to be a frustrating loss.  CJ was awesome late.

Would have been nice to have fresh legs in earlier in game.   No way Luka should had been in there tonight.
Like Reply
Same old same old. Mavs are just a 500 team. Sad but true
Like Reply
I am not even upset.  At least we got a faster pace and Hardy minutes.  Much better than watching Morris, Frank, holiday, etc.  this team isn’t going anywhere.  Might as well Free Hardy.
Like Reply
Bad thing is 10 of the next 13 are on the road. With a trip out East.
Like Reply
How low do we have to finish to keep our pick? With 10 of 13 on the road, I don't see this team making the playoffs or play in.
Like Reply
Ok game was probably over but after timeout down 6 we have Holiday in and Hardy out?  Why?
Like Reply
Kidd mind F’d Green out of the breakout run he was having.  He’s done the same thing to Hardy but the kid put it out of his mind tonight.  And in one final Mind F, Kidd goes to Holiday instead of Hardy with 21 seconds left.  

If Cuban doesn’t fire his ass, then I’m not sure what we are doing here.  Cuban continues to be the king of wasting generational talents.
Like Reply
Kidd finally found a coherent lineup but too late to overcome all the stupid. Terrible loss. The Mavs really do have a pretty good roster. They just need a competent staff. They’re not looking that solid of a bet for the postseason right now. This Pelicans team without Zion and Ingram is really bad. The Mavs simply can’t come back with this overmatched coaching staff next season. They need to get serious.

(03-08-2023, 09:32 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Kidd is the main problem with this team (Cuban is too but that's already a given).

A lot of things WILL change if the Mavs hire a competent coach.

If Kidd doesn't get the boot by the start of next season, this team will waste whatever years Luka has as a Mav.
And for those saying, if Kidd leaves, he'd take Kyrie with him -- that's a very real possibility, but even if the Mavs retain Kyrie and then add a guy like Siakam, it still wouldn't matter as long as the coach is as incompetent as Kidd.
 Kidd would basically need an all star team to win a title. Last year was just Carlisle’s fumes.
Like Reply
Whatever is bothering Luka, give him rest if that is going to be how he is going to be able to move.  Sure it is the final stretch but he looked terrible trying to r7n the court.  Let’s see if they fold if Luka sits for a week.

Kyrie played the whole second half.  Another poor roster decision not to have a third guard…especially if Luka is injured.
Like Reply
I'm afraid Luka is going to have to miss some time. He was really laboring out there tonight. Looks like Hardy is back in the rotation now.
Like Reply
Instead of Hardy, I’m sure Kidd will go with Pinson or someone like that with Luka out. I don’t know how you could keep Kidd if this team misses the playoffs.  Maybe you go into the season with him, but you need a backup plan ready to go once the team is off to a mediocre start.
Like Reply
I'm going to say something that may seem crazy, but I predict that if Luka is out for a while, this team will start winning. That's not to trash Luka, but they will play fast, with energy and Kyrie will carry them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • LukaMVP
Like Reply
Can't believe Im saying this, but Kyrie is the main reason now why I even bother to tune in to Mavs games if I can

I know Luka is hurt this game, but its really starting to be a chore watching him - poor conditioning, dribbling for over 20 seconds, settling for lazy step backs, constant complaining on every play and not getting back on D, not closing out to shooters. It does not just apply to this game. 

Kyrie gives the team a much better rhythm, guys are more involved and plays harder on D. As great as he is, Luka has to be better as it relates to the points mentioned above. He does not have to carry the whole offensive load anymore.

And Kidd, what can I say? Seemed like Kokoskov was the grown up that was doing the coaching. everyone else is just "watching"...
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • BigDirk41, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
Luka just has too many issues. Injuries, poor conditioning (puts you at a bigger risk of injury), defense, arguing with refs, etc. I don't know...it's just getting frustrating to watch for a 5th year player who has been around the league long enough. 

It's just a different experience compared to Dirk
[-] The following 3 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKid, loki
Like Reply
Yeah I don't know. This was a tough game. Tired legs, shotty defense, overall poor sub timing.

It's obvious Luka is hampered, so I'm not faulting him for tonight's performance. He did take some questionable shots, as in he just drove 1 on 5 and shot a contested layup after dribbling down the shot clock. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was forced into those positions because of his hampered thigh.

Kyrie had some 4th quarter magic still left in him, but he definitely had tired legs. In fact almost everyone looked gassed. Hardy and Bertans looked fresh and played well. 

Franky is not an NBA player and his minutes killed me. Holiday also had a horrible game. Hard to win games if the role players aren't on and Luka is injured.

Hopefully the team regroups. They really needed tonight. This Memphis game Saturday might be the most important one of the season.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
luka is a great player for sure but the supporting cast ain't the best suit for him, and it is also true the other way around. the team plays just as great (if not better) when it is led by kyrie, and when luka is back, although luka himself is brilliant as always, his teammates begin to struggle for some reason (josh, hardy, etc...)
Like Reply