Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Green (-5, 7 pts, 3 rbd, 2 ast)
0%
0 0%
Powell (-1, 4 pts, 3 rbd, 1 stl)
0%
0 0%
Kyrie (+7, 33 pts, 6 rbd, 8 ast, 17 pts in the 4th!)
62.50%
10 62.50%
Luka (+2, 29 pts, 10 rbd, 6 ast, 2 stl)
0%
0 0%
Holiday (-2, 11 pts, 2 rbd, 2 ast, 2 ast, 3 blk)
0%
0 0%
Maxi (+5, 5 pts, 7 rbd, 1 ast, 1 stl)
0%
0 0%
THJ (+17, 24 pts, 4 rbd, 4 ast, 2 stl, 7-9 from 3)
37.50%
6 37.50%
Wood (+1, 7 pts, 5 rbd, 2 blk)
0%
0 0%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 66 DIRKIE: Kyrie! (60%)
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...W12qotAAAA

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...zo26otAAAA

https://twitter.com/geoblitz4/status/163...0511474689
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
THJ kind of deserves it but Kyrie was just too clutch.
Like Reply
We don’t have a Dirkie tonight without Kyrie but Timmie was indeed Dirkie worthy. When Luka playing well is 3rd best we are pretty strong. But we weren’t that strong so we must have some serious weaknesses. We all knew that but here is to the win.
Like Reply
Pretty good game by Utah.  Not sure if it's because Utah is good, or because the Mavs continue to let teams back into the game.  I'm leaning toward the latter.

Not a very good shooting night for the starters--except for Kyrie and Diamond Powell.  Powell is at 100%.  Yes...a misleading stat with only 2 shots.  Oh...I forgot.  Fools Gold Hardaway Jr. had a nice shooting game.  Nice game overall actually.  I don't like THJ as a starter, but off the bench he certainly can benefit from playing with Kyrie and Luka--if he will take the bull by the horns and hold on!

It looks like Coach Kidd is settling on a 9 man rotation, or 10 if you include Ntilikina...which I would.  I'm not as down on FN as some others are.  And I like a 10 man rotation.

I liked the minutes distribution for all players tonight.  Kyrie was tops with 39.  As everyone should know...the little guys can generally handle a few more minutes than the big guys.  Kyrie is short, but he has a big heart.  I freely admit that I've been wrong about him.  I truly repent for some--some--of the things I've said about him.

Alright.  Who gets my Dirkie?  

Powell--for his 100% field goal percentage?  Hell no!

Luca had a rough night, so no.

THJ--or KI?  I could just flip a coin.  But I won't.

Hardaway had a great night.  No denying that.  He even played some timely defense.  But...

Irving had a great scoring night as well...6 rebounds, 2 steals, and was 10--10 on free throws.  The clincher for me, though, is that KI had 8 assists.  He is a great floor general and fearless--sort of like this old driveway point guard is--was.  So...I will give my Dirkie to Kyrie Irving--with the caveat that he is in danger of the Luka syndrome--meaning that he will find it harder to earn the Dirkie in the future simply because he is consistently very good.  I didn't know!  I just thought he was a cretinous prima donna.  I'm shamed...shamed I say!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
Tim for me. 

Kyrie played like one of the league’s very best, which he is. So did Timmy, and he’s not. Love how the backcourt looks with Kyrie, Josh, Tim, Reg, and now Justin. Luka at the 4 has potential. Maxi is more than solid. Of Dwight, Chris, JaVale, we mostly just need one who can stay on the court. Fingers crossed.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply