Poll: How many points do the Mavs give up in the paint? O/U 55.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
66.67%
4 66.67%
Under
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 63: IND (28-35) vs. DAL (32-31) | 124-122 loss
Just now able to tune in. Any major themes for the night?
Like Reply
Feels like this team is barreling toward the edge of a cliff and the guys behind the wheel don’t know how to do anything but floor it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
I like seeing Maxi back i know that much.
Like Reply
Here comes one of Kidd's famous end of the game plays

Do the Mavs not know they can shoot 2's at the end?
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
(02-28-2023, 11:01 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Here comes one of Kidd's famous end of the game plays

Do the Mavs not know they can shoot 2's at the end?

Kyrie wanted the win.
Like Reply
Coaching is so bad, not just Kidd but the entire staff. At least last year they had a proven veteran like Igor Kokoskov.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Shocking that a team run by a cheap owner, assembled by a shoe salesman and coached by a Head Watcher that’s been ran off by two teams looks as lost as the Mavs do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I don't think the Mavs make the play in at this point. They are a broken team.
Like Reply
Mavs fall to 1-4 when Kyrie and Luka play together. Only win was vs the sad-sack Spurs. They better figure it out quick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-28-2023, 10:43 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: They can't play Maxi 48 minutes coming off a torn hammy. You risk losing him the rest of the season. Unfortunately, you don't have any options.

Mostly joking.  If you had two Maxi's and without the torn hammy, you wouldn't get 48 minutes out of them.  

On the plus side, his minutes did look good and he provides a defensive presence and helps with spacing on the other end.  He was also about the only player to be aggressive when receiving a pass off of the backcourt double-teams that Luka was facing.

I liked Wood's first half despite blowing 2-3 bunnies, but boy did he not do himself any favors in the earned minutes department with that sequence to start the fourth.
Like Reply
(02-28-2023, 11:09 PM)cow Wrote: Mostly joking.  If you had two Maxi's and without the torn hammy, you wouldn't get 48 minutes out of them.  

On the plus side, his minutes did look good and he provides a defensive presence and helps with spacing on the other end.  He was also about the only player to be aggressive when receiving a pass off of the backcourt double-teams that Luka was facing.

My bad, didn't detect the sarcasm.

RC's chest is sticking out big time I bet. He's probably glad he's outta here.
Like Reply
(02-28-2023, 10:47 PM)LifeAquatic Wrote: Just now able to tune in. Any major themes for the night?
If you watched the lakers game it was the same nearly. Luka throws a temper tantrum in the 2nd. All goes downhill from there. Missed free throws. Layup line for the opponent. Out coached by opponent. Poor late game execution

One positive is our 3rd best player is back and the team looks totally different in the stretches with Maxi
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • BigDirk41, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-28-2023, 11:11 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: My bad, didn't detect the sarcasm.

All good, bro bro.  

I'm just not sure the team has enough defensive talent, especially when Luka is giving poor effort on that end of the floor when he manages to actually get back.  The Luka-Kyrie-THJ-Bullock-Powell lineup drives me a little crazy.
Like Reply
The only way to save the season and the entire Luka era is to fire Kidd tonight. It’s unacceptable that we’re this late in the season and he’s still experimenting with the rotation. He’s so bad at the obvious stuff it’s hard to imagine how bad he must be at the stuff fans don’t notice. We need a real coach,!not someone who’s just an ex player.

The game started to turn when Kidd played the ridiculous Morris lineup at the beginning of the second. From there it was all chase. Every minute is precious, at this point in the season. You can’t waste a single one. That’s something a real NBA coach understands. Pick 8 or 9’guys and play them. Do not start a buy out player. Do not play Morris in real minutes. This is just ridiculous.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Kidd's rotations were questionable but the players with a little help from the refs played the biggest part in losing this game.

-Refs bailed the Pacers out on that blundered inbound attempt at the end of the 1st giving them the last possession which lead to a Haliburton layup.
-Fouling Buddy twice from 3PT land.
-Shooting 50% (10/20) from the FT line in the first half.  
-Luka complaining about a no-call and letting his team play 4v5 defensively that lead to an open three and finishing off that sequence by drawing a technical foul.
-Josh intentionally fouling Haliburton at the end of the 3rd quarter when we were already over the limit.
-Wood with two quick offensive fouls to start the forth on illegal screens.  
-Save for Maxi and Powell/Wood (once in the 4th), the team collectively refused to push the numbers advantage when the Pacers continually trapped Luka in the backcourt.  
-Holiday's passing tonight showed why he was available in the buyout market.
Like Reply
Not looking good with Philly and Embiid coming here Thursday.
Like Reply
(02-28-2023, 11:21 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The only way to save the season and the entire Luka era is to fire Kidd tonight. It’s unacceptable that we’re this late in the season and he’s still experimenting with the rotation. He’s so bad at the obvious stuff it’s hard to imagine how bad he must be at the stuff fans don’t notice. We need a real coach,!not someone who’s just an ex player.

The game started to turn when Kidd played the ridiculous Morris lineup at the beginning of the second. From there it was all chase. Every minute is precious, at this point in the season. You can’t waste a single one. That’s something a real NBA coach understands. Pick 8 or 9’guys and play them. Do not start a buy out player. Do not play Morris in real minutes. This is just ridiculous.

Amen brother.  100% agree
Like Reply
(02-28-2023, 09:19 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: They are seriously overthinking the rotation.  It is not that hard.  Is it a contender? Probably not but the rotation they are using is making it harder.

I am so, so confused 
Not exactly a perfect roster but Kidd is single-handedly destroying our chances just by playing bad/weird combinations
Like Reply
Mavs are a joke. No defense whatsoever, especially PnR. PnR is just 5 on 4 for the opponent every time.
Like Reply
it would've been a five game losing streak but for the victory against the spurs. our record since luka returned: 1-5. continue the good job guys and we'll join the race for wemby as well... oh wait, is our 23' pick protected or not?
Like Reply