Poll: How many points do the Mavs give up in the paint? O/U 55.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
66.67%
4 66.67%
Under
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 63: IND (28-35) vs. DAL (32-31) | 124-122 loss
(03-02-2023, 01:02 PM)omahen Wrote: Sadly, even that wasn't offered, if I remember correctly

https://media.tenor.com/ZFc20z8DItkAAAAM...really.gif
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 01:02 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: While I agree that Luka has some fatal flaws, I think winning and getting back to having fun while playing would clean up a lot of the ills. The roster as a whole is for sure at least 30% of the problems, the owner is at least 50%, the coach is about 30% and Mavrello is 80%. Yes, we have more than 100% worth of problems!
I think the biggest problem that holds the Mavs back is their fan message boards.
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 02:04 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I think the biggest problem that holds the Mavs back is their fan message boards.

https://media.tenor.com/i_zQPZnAragAAAAd...rrumph.gif
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 12:16 PM)omahen Wrote: Luka has plenty of trophies to show playing his kind of basketball. FO is 95 % of the problems Mavs have, Luka is 5 %. Solving part or all of this 5 % will not change anything. Discussion here lately is 70 % Luka, 30 % FO...

Wow... Yet he scored like 30 points afterwards, despite being completely tired as you seem to imply... You can watch the videos of Indies baskets (I only left out guys that made 1 shot) to see the quality of Mavs defense and how much of it is on Luka. He is not great, but he is far from sole problem.

Being winded 3.5 minutes into a game isn’t a problem for Luka or his fans because STATS.  

Maybe you are right as it pertains to winning.  However, I watch basketball for enjoyment.  I do not enjoy watching this team play, one of the primary reasons being the best player is a whiny bitch that takes games/quarters/defensive possessions off.
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 12:16 PM)omahen Wrote: Luka has plenty of trophies to show playing his kind of basketball. FO is 95 % of the problems Mavs have, Luka is 5 %. Solving part or all of this 5 % will not change anything. Discussion here lately is 70 % Luka, 30 % FO...

You're kind of making my point for me, as all of Luka's trophies when won, he never complained to this extent where he left his team playing 4 on 5.

I watched Slovenia last year and Luka was engaged every single possession. He didn't bark at the refs (mainly because that just doesn't work in Europe).

This is solely a regular season problem as of now, and it's costing his team wins. I have no doubt that Luka is a generational talent knocking on the door to win a ring, and that the FO is the main obstacle right now. But Luka's most recent style of basketball will only prevent him from winning and it's a bad habit.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 06:11 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I watched Slovenia last year and Luka was engaged every single possession. He didn't bark at the refs (mainly because that just doesn't work in Europe).

That is not true, he complained a lot through Eurobasket+him and Dragič gave a lot of shit to our NT coach (who in terms of career is a nobody, that is true) like who are you, we are NBA superstars, you know nothing etc... It kinda ruined team chemistry, so we lost against freaking Poland in a tournament, where we really should win a medal.

We would probably not even qualify without him, so we just gonna have to deal with his antics for the next decade. I will take it, but if you follow soccer we are kinda like Sweden was a decade ago with Ibrahimovič. One man team, where everything is dedicated to making one man happy. We suck without him, so its better to swallow it up, but if I would be a player on a team like this I would not enjoy it.
To return to my analogy, I much prefer Swedish football team now, than I did a decade ago. No superstars, just warriors and results are not that much different.
But basketball is not football and Slovenia is not Sweden (in terms of talent pool)

And please stop with this Europe is different shit. We are people like you, some things are better and some things a lot worse. Dont buy into propaganda about euroleague, when shit hits the fan its still a lot worse competition than NBA, Its just that every game matters, while in the NBA first 50 games or so are a joke/show. If season would be shorter and teams would play playoff basketball every night, now that would be a sight! Top tier NBA (playoff) game is still 3 classes above anything European competitions can offer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bodhisattva's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 07:08 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: And please stop with this Europe is different shit. We are people like you, some things are better and some things a lot worse.

To this point, I was mainly highlighting that barking at the refs in Euroleague gets you nowhere compared to the NBA. That is a stark difference and should be noted. 

As to Luka complaining a lot during his time with Slovenia last summer, sure he did complain, but what I was trying to compare was his behavior then vs. the last 5 games. He did not leave his team in 4 on 5 positions. He didn't complain a total of 33 possessions like he did against the Lakers. That to me is where Luka is pushing it and costing his team wins.

But whatever, it's a moot point. Luka is my guy and I'll back him through and through. We both want him to grow up, and the fact he showed up against PHI and dialed back his complaining a lot, I think he's getting the memo.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply