Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Josh Green (-8, 17pts, 4rbds, 7ast)
6.25%
2 6.25%
Bullock (+8, 13 pts, 5 rbds, 2ast)
3.13%
1 3.13%
Powell (+4, 9pts, 4 rbd, 4-4 from the field)
0%
0 0%
THJ (+8, 15 pts, 7rbd, 5 ast)
3.13%
1 3.13%
Kyrie Irving (+7, 25 pts, 3rbd 10ast, 12/12 FTs)
40.63%
13 40.63%
Javale McGee (+2, 11pts, 9rbd, 2 ast)
34.38%
11 34.38%
Hardy (+15, 12 pts, 2rbd, 4-5 from 3)
9.38%
3 9.38%
Wood (+4, 13pts, 3 rbd, 2 ast, in only 12 mins!)
3.13%
1 3.13%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 57 DIRKIE: Winner is Kyrie! (41%)
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...q5xYotAAAA
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...zUzIotAAAA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Gotta give it to McGee tonight for his incredible effort.

He looked like Hakeem out there.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL, The Jom
Like Reply
Do I dare do it? I may vote for McGee. He seems resurgent after this trade for some reason and will find himself back in the rotation if he keeps this up. Kyrie's a future Hall of Famer, even if it is his second game here the bar for him to get a Dirkie vote from me is higher than all but Luka.
Like Reply
Kyrie the closer. I see now why he leads in 4th quarter scoring. It’s a weapon to be able to close games from the free throw line.
Like Reply
I voted for Kyrie because of the clutch free throws. Technically, that’s what closed the game. However, THJ was actually very good in the fourth quarter, despite what you might read in the game thread, and they would not have won this game without him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
McGee so much better than what he’s been, hafta credit him with the biggest step up. 

Wood looked absolutely sensational for 5 mins in the 1st. His best performance of the season, which is saying something. But the magic didn’t last. At all. 

Refs tried hard to stick it to us. Hope we get better whistles tomorrow.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...i3zootAAAA

So does Kyrie get a 5 mil credit on his next contract?
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, The Jom, Tyler
Like Reply
7 players in double figures will get you a lot of wins.  34 assists will get you a lot of wins.  And 11 offensive rebounds will get you a lot wins.  Put'em all together and you get--a lot of wins.  Not a perfect game, but interesting...and we got--the win.

I seems apparent that Kidd does not like CW.  It also seems like CW is getting pushed out for--nothing.  I hope I'm wrong.

Honorable mention to Javale McGee.  It just seems like his BBIQ is just a tad--less--than his immense physical talent.  He plays hard and did some good work in this game.

DP did DP stuff.  Somebody get this man a shooting coach!...and a linebacker coach...

I'm not even going to say anything about T(Fools's Gold)HJ.  Oh...what the hell.  If he would just pick his shots and pass once in awhile.  And yet...he had 5 assists.  It is what it is.

MY Dirkie comes down to two people.  Kyrie Irving and Josh Green.  If only JG hadn't shot 33% from long range.  Last game I said I had a hard time giving a Dirkie to a man who had only played one game for the Mavs.  Well...KI has now played 2 games for the Mavs.

Welcome to the Mavs Kyrie!  My Dirkie goes to KI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Kyrie proving me right about McGee.  Time to help him out and prove the Earth is flat.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty, The Jom
Like Reply
Some of McGee's moves in the paint scared the hell out of me. He thought he was prime Dirk or something.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:37 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I voted for Kyrie because of the clutch free throws. Technically, that’s what closed the game. However, THJ was actually very good in the fourth quarter, despite what you might read in the game thread, and they would not have won this game without him.

Agree
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 01:51 AM)cow Wrote: Kyrie proving me right about McGee.  Time to help him out and prove the Earth is flat.

LOL.
Like Reply